Best Buy

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

midmofan
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Best Buy

Postby midmofan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 am

Eventually got the cheap TV I am going to put outside next spring and the MS Surface Tablet we are giving away as a raffle prize at work, but had HUGE issues with their website and phone customer support.

BB website kept cancelling my order saying that it could not "verify" my information - even though used same credit card I had successfully used last Friday on line. Switched credit cards and same thing. People on phone at both BB and the credit card company saw no problem with any of my information and cannot figure out why it was not being verified. The CSR's kept either transferring me to someone else and then making me repeat the issue and then they went to trying to place the order themselves and they got the same error message. Next my BB online account gets locked because of too many attempts - but it was the CSRs that had made all the extra attempts!!! In the process disconnected several times and had to start over. I eventually talk to a woman in the "verification department" and she says that she has created a case file and the IT people would fix it but would take a few minutes but I would get an email soon, several hours later my account still locked so call back and a person who I suspect was in Pakistan with people screaming (literally screaming and shouting) in background said it would get fixed soon. Again nothing. Later get a different person in "online sales" who you could barely understand their English say it would take 3 to 5 days. I say I would like to talk to the verification department. He says you can't talk to them they don't talk to customers. I say I already talked to them, look at the case number, the person that started it is in verification. He says he does not know how I talked to them because you can't talk to them....

In the end I go to the BB store after work and the great employees there get it all fixed. They over-rode the price and noted my case number issue on their computer and I got the items at the BF prices. Our BB store has great people and I love dealing with them. Phone support....not so much.

FWIW the manager at the store said they have never had so many TV's in stock as for this BF and I believe her. They were stacked everywhere. They had at least 30 of the one I wanted in one isle and I saw more on a shelf in the back.

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Best Buy

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:24 pm

SoDangPretty wrote:Either best buy has a lot of inventory or they didn't sell alot, they extended the elite plus sale by an extra day. Most of the video games are sold out, but lots of TV's still available.

I remember the ad having a Moana dvd/blu ray/digital copy for 7.99 (which appears to be sold out online) Can you tell me how much the DVD only version is?

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Best Buy

Postby SoDangPretty » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm

It doesn't show me prices anymore unless I actually purchase and use my BB credit card..sorry! I didn't realize earlier that they extended the sale by a day but only if you use your card.

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Best Buy

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:42 pm

SoDangPretty wrote:It doesn't show me prices anymore unless I actually purchase and use my BB credit card..sorry! I didn't realize earlier that they extended the sale by a day but only if you use your card.

Oh ok. Nevermind then. Thanks anyway :)

User avatar
blue3715
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Best Buy

Postby blue3715 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Do they give out the tickets at 3pm?

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12944
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Best Buy

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:12 pm

blue3715 wrote:Do they give out the tickets at 3pm?

Be careful,
Law enforcement has been know to hand out tickets 24/7 :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Best Buy

Postby mommyszoo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Someone suggested finding the items I want and putting them in my cart before BF and they will automatically be sent to some kind of list for me? Then repopulate the cart in one click? Is this so, and if so, exactly how do I do that? Hoping to buy all at once at 12:01 ET / 9:01 PacificTime. Do I have the hours correct and process? I've only bought unsuccessfully (items were paid for but never shipped) from Best Buy once before and can't afford a repeat of that mishap and can't afford to buy a second one elsewhere just in case. Thanks for helping. This is so frustrating. It used to be fun shopping on BF, now since it ruins turkey day, it's a necessary evil instead of fun.

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Best Buy

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:49 pm

mommyszoo wrote:Someone suggested finding the items I want and putting them in my cart before BF and they will automatically be sent to some kind of list for me? Then repopulate the cart in one click? Is this so, and if so, exactly how do I do that? Hoping to buy all at once at 12:01 ET / 9:01 PacificTime. Do I have the hours correct and process? I've only bought unsuccessfully (items were paid for but never shipped) from Best Buy once before and can't afford a repeat of that mishap and can't afford to buy a second one elsewhere just in case. Thanks for helping. This is so frustrating. It used to be fun shopping on BF, now since it ruins turkey day, it's a necessary evil instead of fun.


If you mean SoDangPretty's comment on page 3 of this thread, I don't see her saying to add to cart (since it will be emptied anyway). There is a button on the item page that says "save for later". I'm guessing that's what was meant by adding to a list. I haven't logged into my best buy account in years - not sure if it even exists anymore - but presumably there's a way to view this list and choose which (or all) items to add to your cart. I don't know if there would be a button for the other direction (move all items from cart to list). Hopefully SoDangPretty will come back with a better answer for you.

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Best Buy

Postby SoDangPretty » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Anything in your cart will disappear when the sale goes live.

Log into your BB account, and when you find an item, click save for later. It will add the item to your "wish list." Once the sale has started you can add each item without having to find the item and go to it's page; I do not think you can add everything at one time but it's still faster then scrolling through everything.

The biggest issue is knowing when BB will go live. It was around 2am est for the elite sale. The website did well but the sale price on items would show up at different times, it was almost as if they released pricing periodically. They will not release a specific time, just between 12am and 5 am Central.

What are you trying to get?

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Best Buy

Postby mommyszoo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 am

SoDangPretty wrote:Anything in your cart will disappear when the sale goes live.

Log into your BB account, and when you find an item, click save for later. It will add the item to your "wish list." Once the sale has started you can add each item without having to find the item and go to it's page; I do not think you can add everything at one time but it's still faster then scrolling through everything.

The biggest issue is knowing when BB will go live. It was around 2am est for the elite sale. The website did well but the sale price on items would show up at different times, it was almost as if they released pricing periodically. They will not release a specific time, just between 12am and 5 am Central.

What are you trying to get?



Thanks. I need the $279 Lenovo 8gb 1tb laptop for daughter, $29 Echo Dot and the $10 bonus add on WiFi smart plug
(2 smart plugs if I can for $10 each), and either the Samsung Smart hub or the Phillps A19 smart bulb set. Not sure which of those 2 would be best choice for sons starter set for his college dorm and next falls apartment. He has asked for the Dot and some accessories.

I think I figured out the wishlist part thanks to you. Hoping I can make it work. As for timing, I am Pacific time, so you suggest I start trying 9:01pm tomorrow night? Will the correct prices show in my cart adjusted from the wish list? Thanks for your help. These are the only gifts my kids are getting so I have to make sure I get them.

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Best Buy

Postby SoDangPretty » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:44 am

I don't think the laptop was ever part of the early access sale but I could be wrong and they may have added it later. With that being said, there were numerous people in the BB forums talking about it, so make sure you have the right one on your wish list and all of your info on your bb account is correct. The pricing will change once you add the item to the cart, mine did at least so I would assume it would be the same.

Use a desktop or a laptop computer too if you can, I was on my cell and couldn't get my order to go through. Hopped on the laptop and had no issues.

As for time, the only thing BB has said is to start checking at 12am Central..if y'all are 3 hours behind Central then yes, 9pm. (I am est and never know who is what lol)

Starbucks..lots of Starbucks this week :shock:

Good luck and keep us posted! I wish I could have let everyone use my account for early access!!

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Best Buy

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 am

SoDangPretty wrote:As for time, the only thing BB has said is to start checking at 12am Central..if y'all are 3 hours behind Central then yes, 9pm. (I am est and never know who is what lol)


Pacific would be 2 hours behind... So 12am Central = 10pm Pacific

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Best Buy

Postby mommyszoo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
SoDangPretty wrote:As for time, the only thing BB has said is to start checking at 12am Central..if y'all are 3 hours behind Central then yes, 9pm. (I am est and never know who is what lol)


Pacific would be 2 hours behind... So 12am Central = 10pm Pacific



Thank you! Somehow I thought it was Eastern time not Central. Thanks for saving me an hout of stress from trying too early!

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Best Buy

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:17 am

mommyszoo wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:
SoDangPretty wrote:As for time, the only thing BB has said is to start checking at 12am Central..if y'all are 3 hours behind Central then yes, 9pm. (I am est and never know who is what lol)


Pacific would be 2 hours behind... So 12am Central = 10pm Pacific



Thank you! Somehow I thought it was Eastern time not Central. Thanks for saving me an hout of stress from trying too early!


I would credit SoDangPretty with the knowing it starts at 12am Central. I haven't paid much attention to the online sales stuff. I just did the math for Central to Pacific time zone :)

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: Best Buy

Postby mommyszoo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
mommyszoo wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:
Pacific would be 2 hours behind... So 12am Central = 10pm Pacific



Thank you! Somehow I thought it was Eastern time not Central. Thanks for saving me an hout of stress from trying too early!


I would credit SoDangPretty with the knowing it starts at 12am Central. I haven't paid much attention to the online sales stuff. I just did the math for Central to Pacific time zone :)


You have both helped a lot! Thank you for saving me an hour of freaking out when the prices would have been wrong!


Return to “Official Deal Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest