Best Buy

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Best Buy

Postby mommyszoo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Does anyone know what time they will open up the online sales on Thanksgiving day? Can't make it to stand in the 2 mile long line as we will be eating still. Need to click and buy half dozen items. Will the time be Eastern or Pacific? Hate shopping Best Buy on Black Friday but this year every item requested by both kids is there for the lowest price. UGH

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:47 pm

guitarist19862005 wrote:
llamagrl wrote:Regarding the Lenovo laptop for $179, I wonder when it will be available online. Will it be available online on Thursday “some time after midnight” or Friday “sometime after midnight” as it’s considered a Friday doorbuster but it doesn’t say in store only?

If I recall correctly the online prices kick in sometime between 3:00-5:00 EST Thanksgiving morning. As to whether or not it is only available in the physical store, I have no clue.

Again....

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:31 am

This is the first year I am an "Elite Plus" member and the guy at the store said that I could access Black Friday deals early online, usually on Monday? Anyone know what has been included in the past? Video games is all I really want to get from BB but would nice to get them early and online at the same price as BF.

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 pm

SoDangPretty wrote:This is the first year I am an "Elite Plus" member and the guy at the store said that I could access Black Friday deals early online, usually on Monday? Anyone know what has been included in the past? Video games is all I really want to get from BB but would nice to get them early and online at the same price as BF.

A couple of years ago, they had EVERYTHING available for Elite members - even most of the doorbusters - on the Monday before and it crashed their servers. People could not log in, got kicked off, thought they bought something only to have it gone at checkout and more. It was a commercial and PR disaster for BB. Since then the pre-sale internet offerings have been much more limited and you don't know what they will be way in advance.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm

I had access through a family members account a few years ago. I never wanted the door busters but I was able to get some other random things in the ad before the actual Black Friday sale

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Good to know, I am going to check throughout the night, they won't even give a start time. I don't know what's worse, standing in line for hours or staying online for hours..either way there will be Starbucks involved :lol:

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:12 pm

They should give out the tickets on the line on Thurs at 3pm, even though stores don't open till 5.

I plan to get there around 2:30 and see if I get the ticket.

So maybe give that a shot?

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur

Postby mommyszoo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Daughter needs the Lenovo laptop for $279. The store lines for our Best Buy will start tomorrow night with people in tents for days. What are my chances of scoring one online and what time Pacific should I start trying? The one time I ordered online years ago from them on BF, it never shipped and I had to buy elsewhere at last minute for significantly more. Don't want a repeat of that mess. Anyone know if there is a decent chance of getting it online and when to start trying? Also want the Echo Dot with the pay $10 more for wireless plug deal for son, a few movies and a xOne game.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 pm

mommyszoo wrote:Daughter needs the Lenovo laptop for $279. The store lines for our Best Buy will start tomorrow night with people in tents for days. What are my chances of scoring one online and what time Pacific should I start trying? The one time I ordered online years ago from them on BF, it never shipped and I had to buy elsewhere at last minute for significantly more. Don't want a repeat of that mess. Anyone know if there is a decent chance of getting it online and when to start trying? Also want the Echo Dot with the pay $10 more for wireless plug deal for son, a few movies and a xOne game.

Read my prior post about the line and door buster tickets.

mommyszoo
Black Friday Amateur

Postby mommyszoo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

blue3715 wrote:
mommyszoo wrote:Daughter needs the Lenovo laptop for $279. The store lines for our Best Buy will start tomorrow night with people in tents for days. What are my chances of scoring one online and what time Pacific should I start trying? The one time I ordered online years ago from them on BF, it never shipped and I had to buy elsewhere at last minute for significantly more. Don't want a repeat of that mess. Anyone know if there is a decent chance of getting it online and when to start trying? Also want the Echo Dot with the pay $10 more for wireless plug deal for son, a few movies and a xOne game.

I saw that but here at our Best Buy they will be lining up for tickets starting tomorrow. I can't and won't do that so was wondering if anyone knew if online was worth a shot or if I should just pay a little more for a lesser computer elsewhere where it is a guarantee to get.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 pm

mommyszoo wrote:
blue3715 wrote:

I saw that but here at our Best Buy they will be lining up for tickets starting tomorrow. I can't and won't do that so was wondering if anyone knew if online was worth a shot or if I should just pay a little more for a lesser computer elsewhere where it is a guarantee to get.

Can you buy Both and return the other if you actually get the Best Buy one? No one can tell you if you’ll have a better shot at ordering online this year.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm

bfaddict wrote:Can you buy Both and return the other if you actually get the Best Buy one? No one can tell you if you’ll have a better shot at ordering online this year.

I really want the PC at Staples for my wife, it's a great deal. I am going to order it online Thursday but also buy it at the store on Friday when they open. I will return one of them but want to make sure I get one.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Of all things I want in the Best Buy ad....of course it’s one item they aren’t letting go on sale early. The case mate phone cases. I check every time I get an email from them saying some things are on sale now. If someone notices them on sale (not the clearance one), send out a beacon for me or something lol

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 am

SoDangPretty wrote:This is the first year I am an "Elite Plus" member and the guy at the store said that I could access Black Friday deals early online, usually on Monday? Anyone know what has been included in the past? Video games is all I really want to get from BB but would nice to get them early and online at the same price as BF.

I would just like to point out the fact that, you're amazing. :mrgreen: 8)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 am

teknoge3k wrote:

I would just like to point out the fact that, you're amazing. :mrgreen: 8)

You know my motto, one act of kindness lasts a lifetime..buddy. :)

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”