JC Penney (UPDATED 11.6)

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Re: JC Penney

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:44 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
Every weekend she would ask if we were going to get more buttons although she didn't like the shopping part.

Is that the one that is going to college next fall?

LOL No that was my youngest daughter. Sorry I forgot that little part didn't I? She would have been 5 or 6; goodness has it really been that long ago. :shock: :shock:

hiker
Official Zipper

Re: JC Penney (UPDATED 11.6)

Postby hiker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 pm

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am

opening at 2 pm is interesting... what was the previous years... 4 pm?
At this rate i can hit JCP, go home and make a little t-day dinner for myself and then go back out while I wait for my friend to get into town later that night.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 am

JCPenney opening times:

2017: Thursday, 2 pm
2016: Thursday, 3 pm
2015: Thursday, 3 pm
2014: Thursday, 5 pm
2013: Thursday, 8 pm
2012: Friday, 6 am

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Apparently there was confusion about how JCPenney's Black Friday coupons worked this year:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/24/news/jc ... index.html
The embattled retailer would typically give out coupons at the door that would save them anywhere between $10 and $500.

This year, they were disappointed to find that there were no coupons available.

[...] On Twitter, JCPenney has had to explain to frustrated shoppers how the coupons work.

[...] Last year, shoppers received coupons when they visited the retailer on both Thanksgiving and on Black Friday and could use the coupons once Black Friday mark downs expired.

This year, coupons were handed out on Thursday, and will be handed out again on Saturday. But no coupons are available for Black Friday itself

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Shopper X wrote:Apparently there was confusion about how JCPenney's Black Friday coupons worked this year:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/24/news/jc ... index.html
The embattled retailer would typically give out coupons at the door that would save them anywhere between $10 and $500.

This year, they were disappointed to find that there were no coupons available.

[...] On Twitter, JCPenney has had to explain to frustrated shoppers how the coupons work.

[...] Last year, shoppers received coupons when they visited the retailer on both Thanksgiving and on Black Friday and could use the coupons once Black Friday mark downs expired.

This year, coupons were handed out on Thursday, and will be handed out again on Saturday. But no coupons are available for Black Friday itself

So... like midnight Saturday? And I only spent $10 (plus tax) when I went there today... so maybe if I got it, I could buy the same thing and then return it with the first receipt so that I get net free (or just cost of tax or something)?

Edit: I just checked store hours - not open through the night... more like 8am I guess.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Hmm that article isn’t accurate. You have always been able to use the $10 coupons on anything during Black Friday hours.

In other news I waited for 2.5 hours just for jcp to not have the main item I wanted there. Then went to the home store and waiting in the check out line for over 30 min because I’d idiot people I’m front of me. Usually I can check out there in a matter of minutes.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”