JC Penney (UPDATED 11.6)

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

JC Penney (UPDATED 11.6)

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:28 am

72 page ad scan: https://www.bfads.net/stores/jcpenney/ads/black-friday

The ad says that store hours could vary by store and to check with your local store, which is pretty unusual for a major retailer to do. We do know for sure that they'll be starting their sale on Thanksgiving.

We saw a few things that grabbed our attention such as PJ's for the family for only $5.00, up to 50% off kids toys and women's boots for $19.99.

They will be offering their coupon giveaways this year which gives shoppers the chance to win up to $500 Off a $500 purchase. They also have $10 Off $10 and $100 Off $100 but make sure you're early because those tend to go pretty quickly!

We previously posted the JCPenney Black Friday ad and now they have announced that they will be opening their doors at 2PM on Thanksgiving! This is one of the earliest times we have seen for a major retailer so far. They will be starting their sale online on Sunday, November 19th.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: JC Penney

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 am

I used to be able to bounce between our home store and the regular mall store and get 2 gift cards, but not anymore! Now they go really fast.
For as many people who gripe about stores being open so early (JCP usually opens the earlier on Thursday I think) - there sure are a lot of people who get in line with their entirely family for a $10 off coupon.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:34 am

All of the JC Penney's around here have closed down.

I stopped going there completely once they stopped doing the snow globes. We did run into one as they were closing and having the "everything 80% off sale" and grabbed a few Christmas gifts but that's it.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

I'm honestly surprised we still have a separate JCP home store lol I can't imagine it gets a ton of business and it's maybe 1-2 miles from the mall store. I only shop there on BF so I'll be sad if they ever close down completely. I get some nice bathroom towels there every year. The quick-dri are awesome.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

The JCPenney store is still going strong at my local mall, along with the JCPenney Home Store less than a quarter mile away in the next plaza over.

(Blast from the past: Remember 2012, the "Year of the Buttons"? https://www.bfads.net/stores/jcpenney/a ... 012/page-3 )

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:09 am

Shopper X wrote:The JCPenney store is still going strong at my local mall, along with the JCPenney Home Store less than a quarter mile away in the next plaza over.

(Blast from the past: Remember 2012, the "Year of the Buttons"? https://www.bfads.net/stores/jcpenney/a ... 012/page-3 )

:shock: Did you win anything from the buttons?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Our mall store is still selling clothes by the truck load. There are fewer full time employees and lots of $8 per hour types who are not treated the same so the turnover is constantly high.

The home store has a better ratio of full timers and it's in a strip mall with a Best Buy so it will be around for a while.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:42 pm

I saw the 25% off appliances, the regular sale priced Levi's, the averaged priced kitchenware. The coupon deals are the carrots of the store that will entice some people to stick around.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 am

If your JCP has a sephora you can also use those $10 off coupons at the Sephora.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:43 pm

SantaShopper wrote: :shock: Did you win anything from the buttons?

No, I never actually got any of the free buttons back in 2012. I just wasn't interested in that promotion.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Shopper X wrote:

No, I never actually got any of the free buttons back in 2012. I just wasn't interested in that promotion.

Ah oh well. I bet those chances were slim anyways. Most likely would have received some sort of discount.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:06 pm

SantaShopper wrote:
Shopper X wrote:

Ah oh well. I bet those chances were slim anyways. Most likely would have received some sort of discount.

I was one of those lucky people I guess and got a ton of free stuff from the buttons. We live close to JCP though so it made it easier to redeem one; get another. I think I still have those buttons somewhere; some of them were really cute!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 pm

sportymonkey wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:
Shopper X wrote:No, I never actually got any of the free buttons back in 2012. I just wasn't interested in that promotion.

I was one of those lucky people I guess and got a ton of free stuff from the buttons. We live close to JCP though so it made it easier to redeem one; get another. I think I still have those buttons somewhere; some of them were really cute!

I never even saw them. I heard about them on here though... Did you have to make a purchase of a certain amount to get one?

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:26 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
sportymonkey wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:Ah oh well. I bet those chances were slim anyways. Most likely would have received some sort of discount.

I never even saw them. I heard about them on here though... Did you have to make a purchase of a certain amount to get one?

Nope, no purchase required all you had to do was ask. They had them at each register. I would go around grab a few; go online and redeem the the itty bitty code on the back. I think you could do 10 at a time. It would email you a coupon if you won. Go back use the coupon; most of the time it would be 10 off 10 or 20 off 20. Then I would grab 2 more to play up to 10 for the day or just wait. My youngest daughter I think got the most enjoyment out of it. She collected them and wore them on her coat. The ladies at the register loved to give her new ones. Every weekend she would ask if we were going to get more buttons although she didn't like the shopping part.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 am

Every weekend she would ask if we were going to get more buttons although she didn't like the shopping part.

Is that the one that is going to college next fall?

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”