Michaels

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Michaels

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:49 am

I've been holding out for the Black Friday ad in hopes of another 4/% of entire regular price purchase but they have a 30% off entire purchase today only. Tempting! That's the same as other coupons from Black Friday last year (40% was only noon to 10pm on Friday)

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Re: Michaels

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:49 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:I've been holding out for the Black Friday ad in hopes of another 4/% of entire regular price purchase but they have a 30% off entire purchase today only. Tempting! That's the same as other coupons from Black Friday last year (40% was only noon to 10pm on Friday)

That is very tempting!!

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Looks like Michael's is having a coupon for 30% off regular and sale prices on Thanksgiving night and 7 am - noon on Friday. The 40% off coupon on Friday from noon - 10 pm will work on all regular priced purchases. The back of the coupon has the fine print exceptions to the discount like doorbusters, clearance, buy and get items, Elf on the Shelf, etc.

There is nothing I "need" when I go into Michael's but with those coupons, I always think about things that I "might need" and leave with a shopping bag or two. :D

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Irishmaire wrote:Looks like Michael's is having a coupon for 30% off regular and sale prices on Thanksgiving night and 7 am - noon on Friday. The 40% off coupon on Friday from noon - 10 pm will work on all regular priced purchases. The back of the coupon has the fine print exceptions to the discount like doorbusters, clearance, buy and get items, Elf on the Shelf, etc.

There is nothing I "need" when I go into Michael's but with those coupons, I always think about things that I "might need" and leave with a shopping bag or two. :D

40% off is still what I want. As far as I can tell, embroidery floss is never specifically discounted and it's not on the exclusion list. Pretty sure that's what I used last year. Only got 20 of the 212 colors I needed because I ran out of time and needed to get back home to meet someone or something like that. Actually might have been an Easter 40% coupon instead of Black Friday because I remember a store scavenger hunt (ie egg hunt) I didn't have time for... Anyway, it was enough to start the project but thinking I might try to get the rest of it this year.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm

I am so disappointed in the ad. I was really looking forward to going to Michael's this year, but there's nothing in the ad that I can't get cheaper or the same price (with coupons) anytime during the year.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:47 pm

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:I am so disappointed in the ad. I was really looking forward to going to Michael's this year, but there's nothing in the ad that I can't get cheaper or the same price (with coupons) anytime during the year.

What sort of thing were you interested in? Joann's has a 60% ocff one item coupon good through Saturday. I know it's not Michael's, but if you have a Joann's nearby it's a similar store...

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:32 am

You really gonna jump in there to save an extra 50c on a pack of glue sticks?

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:06 pm

blue3715 wrote:You really gonna jump in there to save an extra 50c on a pack of glue sticks?

Who are you asking? No one said anything about glue sticks...

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:08 am

jeanerz13 wrote: As far as I can tell, embroidery floss is never specifically discounted and it's not on the exclusion list. Pretty sure that's what I used last year. Only got 20 of the 212 colors I needed because I ran out of time and needed to get back home to meet someone or something like that.

I was just looking through the JoAnns BF ad (page 8) and saw that their embroidery floss is 4 for $1. The regular price is $.40 each. I don't know if that is good or not but wanted to pass that on. :D

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:13 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
blue3715 wrote:You really gonna jump in there to save an extra 50c on a pack of glue sticks?

ok, then embroidery floss ($1 instead of $1.60).

If you have a large craft item to buy (an expensive frame, etc) then 40% off is a good deal.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:22 pm

blue3715 wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:

ok, then embroidery floss ($1 instead of $1.60).

If you have a large craft item to buy (an expensive frame, etc) then 40% off is a good deal.

Embroidery floss is .39 a skein at Michaels. I need like 185. That's 72.15 regular price. 40% off is 43.29. I'm going to save nearly $30 - not 50 cents.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Irishmaire wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote: As far as I can tell, embroidery floss is never specifically discounted and it's not on the exclusion list. Pretty sure that's what I used last year. Only got 20 of the 212 colors I needed because I ran out of time and needed to get back home to meet someone or something like that.

I was just looking through the JoAnns BF ad (page 8) and saw that their embroidery floss is 4 for $1. The regular price is $.40 each. I don't know if that is good or not but wanted to pass that on. :D

I did see that. I think that's a penny more per skein than the 40% off. I'll likely have Joann's as my backup. Their percent off coupons don't apply to the doorbusters do they? I think that's a doorbuster...

If I didn't expect to be in the vicinity of Michaels anyway I'd probably go straight to Joann's since the price difference isn't that much and it's closer. But Michaels is basically across the street from the mall (where I plan to go anyway)

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:49 pm

I went there yesterday hoping that the 39.99 6.5 ft pencil tree was going to be a good deal. It really changed my mind about pencil trees all together. The tree was so pathetic that I felt really sorry for it. LOL They did have an unexpected item; 75 shatterproof ornaments for 10 bucks.. Atleast when I find that perfect office tree I will have some nice ornaments.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 am

I'm looking at the Michael's ad on their website and not seeing the 40% off coupon :( Looks like I might end up going to Joann's after all...

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:02 pm

So, the Michael's 40% off was real - guess they just don't show it online until the day it becomes valid. Anyway, I went to the store and got 179 skeins of floss. Apparently I went over the max item count at the register and the cashier had to split it over 2 receipts. You should see the length of that first one lol. Anyway, she did the 40% off on both purchases and then said she was giving me an extra 10% off the second one because of something to do with tax. I didn't really understand what was going on. I think maybe she basically comped the cost of tax so it's as though I didn't pay tax on the second. Not sure why, but ok :). There were like 5 colors that I wanted that were sold out so I may go to Joann's for them tomorrow.

Return to “Retail Stores”