Big Lots

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Big Lots

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:41 am

12 page ad scan: https://www.bfads.net/stores/big-lots/ads/black-friday

Big Lots is foregoing Grey Thursday this year and jumping back to White Wednesday! They will be opening at 8AM Wednesday and staying closed for Thanksgiving. They will then open again on Friday at 6AM. The first page of the ad is-Wednesday only deals, but the others are available Wednesday through Saturday.

Big Lots usually doesn't top shoppers' lists but we've found a few items we might stop by to pick up including $1.88 DVD's and 80-ct. K-cups for $18.88.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Re: Big Lots

Postby clubing25 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:12 am

I usually always stop in and take a look at Big Lots.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm not super impressed with some of the prices, but what will draw me in is the fact that their sale starts on Wednesday! I have about 2 hours to kill on Wednesday before I have to stick my turkey in the oven around 10:30am, so I know where I'll be! And they have the small rolling kitchen islands that I've been eyeing for a while for the new house for $50 off. Plus, they have their bed-in-a-bag for slightly cheaper than they usually are. And lots of other things that probably aren't in their ad. Yay for Big Lots! :mrgreen:

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:28 am

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:34 am

I always thought that "White Wednesday" would become a thing. I expect to see more stores doing this sort of strategy next year-- sale on Wednesday, closed entirely on Thanksgiving, sale again on Black Friday.

Unfortunately, Big Lots' Wednesday sale items aren't that exciting. Just a few pieces of furniture.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:14 am

Shopper X wrote:I always thought that "White Wednesday" would become a thing. I expect to see more stores doing this sort of strategy next year-- sale on Wednesday, closed entirely on Thanksgiving, sale again on Black Friday.

Unfortunately, Big Lots' Wednesday sale items aren't that exciting. Just a few pieces of furniture.

I agree. I think White Wednesday will become a thing with those retailers who prefer to remain closed on Thanksgiving. I don't see the big box retailers (Walmart, Target, Kohl's, etc.) doing it though.

As far as this ad goes, everything in the ad starts on sale on Wednesday. The front page is Wednesday only though and I do agree that it's disappointing, unless of course you need furniture. :wink:

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:02 pm

FYI, I stopped by my Big Lots today, and the sales flyer was different than the one on bfads.net. My Big Lots is open Thanksgiving Day at 7 am, and the 3-day sale is on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The sale was not today, Wednesday.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”