Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

hiker
Official Zipper

Re: Best Buy

Postby hiker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 pm

pdavis wrote:
hiker wrote:
pdavis wrote:
Luckily, BB is my second job, so I can see the tvs pretty much 4 days a week. :lol: but that's why I said I hope I get the same schedule as last 2 years, off Thursday (so I can shop), then opening shift Friday (so I can shop again after work).

Wait.. you work at BB?? So do you get employee discounts on BF prices?

yep. I started working there in 2014, just for the holidays, and now I'm going into my 3rd holiday season. No we don't get employee discounts on top of BF pricing. I wish.

Well that's cool. I don't know how I didn't know.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:24 pm

hiker wrote:
pdavis wrote:
hiker wrote:
Wait.. you work at BB?? So do you get employee discounts on BF prices?

yep. I started working there in 2014, just for the holidays, and now I'm going into my 3rd holiday season. No we don't get employee discounts on top of BF pricing. I wish.

I don't think I ever said the store name. I usually just say a big box store, especially since I really don't have a lot of expert knowledge on stuff. I'm in the customer service dept. (check-out, returns, store pick-ups). if I have a question, I just go to one of my co-workers.
I'm addicted!

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:29 pm

pdavis wrote:
hiker wrote:
pdavis wrote:

I don't think I ever said the store name. I usually just say a big box store, especially since I really don't have a lot of expert knowledge on stuff. I'm in the customer service dept. (check-out, returns, store pick-ups). if I have a question, I just go to one of my co-workers.

Ahh.. ok. Well still cool. I tried getting a job there for years.. and after years of rejection, I said screw it and started my own businesses.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:10 am

Ok soooo....I need a little clarification. The 40" LG on page 2. Can anyone tell if that's a Thursday or Friday doorbuster?
I'm addicted!

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:06 am

pdavis wrote:Ok soooo....I need a little clarification. The 40" LG on page 2. Can anyone tell if that's a Thursday or Friday doorbuster?

TVs are usually thursday.. but dont worry, i went to BB over 3 hrs after they opened last year, they still had every door buster in stock.

They realized it's better to sell a ton of tv's at any price then just a few, and have many upset people that couldn't get one.... cause when you get that TV ticket, you are so happy, you go and buy some other stuff too.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 am

If you miss the doorbuster TV on Thursday, will it still be the same price on Friday when BB reopens?

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:00 pm

blue3715 wrote:
pdavis wrote:Ok soooo....I need a little clarification. The 40" LG on page 2. Can anyone tell if that's a Thursday or Friday doorbuster?

TVs are usually thursday.. but dont worry, i went to BB over 3 hrs after they opened last year, they still had every door buster in stock.

They realized it's better to sell a ton of tv's at any price then just a few, and have many upset people that couldn't get one.... cause when you get that TV ticket, you are so happy, you go and buy some other stuff too.

The one I work out sold out of all the doorbusters quick. that's why I'm trying to figure out which day has the tv I want. they're finalizing our holiday weekend schedules today, so I need to have a game plan in place lol.
I'm addicted!

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:43 pm

SantaShopper wrote:If you miss the doorbuster TV on Thursday, will it still be the same price on Friday when BB reopens?

I believe the price is locked if you have the ticket, but if you don't it expires when the ad says it does. Some prices only last till Friday, some thru Friday.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:41 pm

blue3715 wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:If you miss the doorbuster TV on Thursday, will it still be the same price on Friday when BB reopens?

I believe the price is locked if you have the ticket, but if you don't it expires when the ad says it does. Some prices only last till Friday, some thru Friday.

Crap, figured that was the case. Thanks!

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”