Walmart

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Kinda lackluster this year, although it will still be my first stop since I need more here than at the other places I go. And I'm interested in the small chest freezer for $100, but I have to do some price comping at local stores and on larger freezers before I even consider buying. Of course, I'll be getting the "staples" there; clothing, thumb drives, rubbermaid sets, and a toy I need to pick up for my little great-nephew. Will go back later on to pick through the leftovers of the DVDs and games since my WM guards them like they're the Hope Diamond. Also interested in that $39 prepaid Verizon phone since my niece broke hers.

Other than that though, I'm not too impressed. :?

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:44 pm

I thought the $99 kids bedroom set was decent but my kids are teens so they weren't impressed!!

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:14 pm

nikkigirl01 wrote:Not impressed...not at all...

Bah, same here! I don't see anything.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:35 pm

iamkristen wrote:

Agree, even though I typically only go for DVDs, it's still kind of a let down. Surprised no stagger time sales this year

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:18 pm

stacykay4 wrote:
iamkristen wrote:

Agree, even though I typically only go for DVDs, it's still kind of a let down. Surprised no stagger time sales this year

I, for one, loved the staggered sale times. It spaced people out a little bit and if you weren't going for the "big" electronics, I feel it gave you more of a fair shot. I think this is going back to the "old school" way of doing BF at Walmart, and it's going to be a nightmare.

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:00 am

The way the wife explained, corporate decided no staggered times because WM was losing people after the big 6 pm sale. They wondered off or went home or whatever. Put everything at 6 pm, load up a cart, and wait an hour in line = customers not spending money at other stores.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:36 am

happyfan wrote:The way the wife explained, corporate decided no staggered times because WM was losing people after the big 6 pm sale. They wondered off or went home or whatever. Put everything at 6 pm, load up a cart, and wait an hour in line = customers not spending money at other stores.

Yep that is what I heard as well. Whatever keeps them in the store the longest.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:00 am

I missed out on last year's bar stools when Mrs. Vols asked about them the next morning. Passed them the night before and found a co-worker leaning against them for the 6pm sale. I'll have to see if they'll lay down in a cart so I can cover them with coats and let my son guard them while I snake around for individual items and circle back for wrist band items before 7pm and check out with everything crossed of the wish list.

My phone dilemma consists of a current Galaxy S6 with poor reception. I had the speaker "fixed" when it was three months old. We're getting ready to switch back to AT&T (from T-mobile). I have a cell fi system in the house but, reception still sucks. Using wifi for data in and around the house will keep our shared data usage under 6GB. After my corporate discount the plan will cost $30 more per month. A small price if reception improves significantly.

I've heard of S6 phone call quality problems so a new one (for $249) might fix the problem or double my misery. Decision, decisions.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:21 am

I bought the bar stools last year. I really like them.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:17 pm

clubing25 wrote:I bought the bar stools last year. I really like them.

The two we have now don't match the bar color and don't have backs. The new set of three will be a welcome addition since I like to sit at the bar for a while when I'm on the laptop or like the open space for other activities.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Is anyone going after the Hatchimals? How bad do you expect it to be?
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Vols44 wrote:
clubing25 wrote:I bought the bar stools last year. I really like them.

The two we have now don't match the bar color and don't have backs. The new set of three will be a welcome addition since I like to sit at the bar for a while when I'm on the laptop or like the open space for other activities.

Never get stools w/o backs..

I got these too last year. I think $49 ea? They are pretty good in my kitchen. Takes about 10 mins per chair to put together. We have 6, but 4 at bar, 2 by my pool table. They swivel too.

Only thing is each 6 months or so you need to tighten up the hex bolts, but you use two per joint at least.

tanager
Black Friday Newbie

Postby tanager » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Did Walmart pull the Acer Laptop which is on page 35? Our local ad print ad is showing a 17 inch HP laptop in that location and no sign of the Acer.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm not seeing the Acer either any longer.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:17 am

SavannahSparkles wrote:Is anyone going after the Hatchimals? How bad do you expect it to be?

I will be trying for them if I cant get them sooner. Looks like they were all bought up by the people selling them on ebay. I have 4 but need 6 or cant give the others out for Christmas. Might have to wait until January when they release a bunch more.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”