Black Friday Pro

Re: Kohl's

Postby clubing25 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Yep checks should be a no no on BF!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:56 pm

I always have good luck getting the kohls rebates back.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 am

I see a couple of things that I may want, but since their entire ad will be available that whole week online, I see no point of showing up in store. Last year they offered the incentive of 2 free movie tickets to the first so many people who showed up, I really liked that and wish they would have done something similar again this year.
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:16 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
PlutoIsTheBest wrote:I can't believe they don't have any stainless steel cookware on sale! I was holding out for Kohl's. I thought for sure they would have at least one set! I like the guitar, though. Never expected to see that at Koh's.

What about bottom right of page 23?

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed that, but I want all stainless steel, no nonstick pans at all.
After all this time? Always...

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:06 am

carmenslackey wrote:
clubing25 wrote:
Irishmaire wrote:I might go in there for the sweaters. Last year I needed some right before Christmas and the size and color were sold out.

Their small appliances were looking good until I saw the rebates.

Right!! I am not a fan of rebates!!!

I'm not keen on the whole rebate thing either. I always forget to send them in since I use the postal system so little anymore.

There's a few things in here that start online on the 21st that I'm considering, mostly clothing. However, I don't know if the online shop will accept my coupon for using my Kohl's charge or not, whereas my local Kohl's said they would honor it, even on BF, except for K-cups and the electronics doorbusters. It's only an additional 10% off, but money is money. :mrgreen:

On a side note, I feel guilty already for not being able to stand in line with my elderly father to get a ticket for that Canon Camera. He's a photography buff and when I showed him the ad, his eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning. Our Kohl's is crazier than BB on BF, probably the most crazy place outside of Walmart, and he's planning on doing some recon on the line at 8am turkey day morning and every hour after that. I'm going to take him food, hot coffee and relieve him for a bathroom break on my way to Walmart/Target, but that's the most I can do and he knows it. I'm hoping it's warm on Thanksgiving again this year and that my brother decides to go with him. I don't want him to freeze his tush off by himself.

Awww I wished I lived closer bc I would keep him company and be a body guard. LOL. I am a photo nut too so we could really chit chat it up. I hope for his sakes that he gets the camera and yes.. not chilly.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:35 am

I hope it works out and he get his Camara too!!! It awesome he is willing to do that. I would bring him hot chocolate toor if I was closer.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:17 am

I haven't been to a kohls opening in a few years but they seem to be behind the times in terms of starting a good line outside and doorbuster items. Once the doors open it's usually mad rush.

But maybe it's changed. Target and Best Buy only allow so many people in at a time - it'd be nice if Kohls started a policy like that.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:20 am

bfaddict wrote:I haven't been to a kohls opening in a few years but they seem to be behind the times in terms of starting a good line outside and doorbuster items. Once the doors open it's usually mad rush.

But maybe it's changed. Target and Best Buy only allow so many people in at a time - it'd be nice if Kohls started a policy like that.

Agreed. They let everyone in a once and it's chaos.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:42 pm

clubing25 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:I haven't been to a kohls opening in a few years but they seem to be behind the times in terms of starting a good line outside and doorbuster items. Once the doors open it's usually mad rush.

Our Kohl's thinks it's BB on BF. They form a line outside, single file, that wraps clear around the parking lot and has even been known to join the Target line (which is about 2-3 football field lengths away). Then they hand out tickets for their "big" items (Tvs, cameras, gaming systems, etc.) about an hour or so before opening. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket, when the doors open, you head to the very back of the store to pick up your item(s). Except, once the doors are open, it turns into a frenzied free-for-all and pandemonium always ensues. Plus, they do NOT let you pay for your big ticket item at the customer service registers. You pick your item up, then go stand in the extremely long general line and pray no one knocks you over and takes your big ticket item that you stood outside in the cold all day to get. Their security is incredibly lacking and if you tell an employee that someone took your item, they tend to stand there and stare at you like a deer in the headlights. Absolutely awful. Any other day of the year, our store is quite pleasant and helpful. Just not during BF sales. :shock:

Side Note: Thanks for all the support for my dad. I asked my nephew to go with him and he said he would, so hopefully all will be well. :mrgreen:

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:20 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
clubing25 wrote:

Our Kohl's thinks it's BB on BF. They form a line outside, single file, that wraps clear around the parking lot and has even been known to join the Target line (which is about 2-3 football field lengths away). Then they hand out tickets for their "big" items (Tvs, cameras, gaming systems, etc.) about an hour or so before opening. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket, when the doors open, you head to the very back of the store to pick up your item(s). Except, once the doors are open, it turns into a frenzied free-for-all and pandemonium always ensues. Plus, they do NOT let you pay for your big ticket item at the customer service registers. You pick your item up, then go stand in the extremely long general line and pray no one knocks you over and takes your big ticket item that you stood outside in the cold all day to get. Their security is incredibly lacking and if you tell an employee that someone took your item, they tend to stand there and stare at you like a deer in the headlights. Absolutely awful. Any other day of the year, our store is quite pleasant and helpful. Just not during BF sales. :shock:

Side Note: Thanks for all the support for my dad. I asked my nephew to go with him and he said he would, so hopefully all will be well. :mrgreen:

Ya wish ours was like that!!! Glad to hear your nephew will be joining him!! :D

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:18 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:LOL! Save it for another day grandma! Don't you know its BF! Take your checkbook elsewhere!

I am in my mid-30s and to this day, I cannot understand why people still use cash and landline phones when it's almost 2017. When I see someone with a landline phone or using cash or a checkbook in a store, I want to send them back to the 90s. They're definitely falling behind.

I like the cash option for budgeting reasons. Plus with chip cards now they seem to take forever. Here's a question..... Which is better...using a check or paying with a chip card?

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:13 pm

blueredzone wrote:I like the cash option for budgeting reasons. Plus with chip cards now they seem to take forever. Here's a question..... Which is better...using a check or paying with a chip card?

Chip card. Still quicker. Either the customer doesn't know how to count, or the cashier doesn't know how to count. Always happens. Plus the chip card is safer and more secure.

Personally I prefer to pay with my phone where available.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm

I pay for almost everything on BF with cash. I just find it easier to budget that way.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:16 am

SantaShopper wrote:I pay for almost everything on BF with cash. I just find it easier to budget that way.

I use pre-paid visa cards, easiest way for me to keep on budget. When they are done, "Santa" done shopping. :D

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:11 pm

angelmse wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:I pay for almost everything on BF with cash. I just find it easier to budget that way.

I use pre-paid visa cards, easiest way for me to keep on budget. When they are done, "Santa" done shopping. :D

Oh thats a good idea too!

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”