Kohl's

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
clubing25
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby clubing25 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:04 pm

I think I am going to try that this year! I will help.so.much to not deal with the lines there.

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10697
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:04 am

On BF we only shop Kohls online for the reason of their long lines. Always gotten what we've ordered.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Kohl's

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:57 am

cuddleduds are soooo soft and comfy! I am dying for their socks. Was hoping they'd be on sale on bf.

User avatar
iamkristen
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby iamkristen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Didn't see anything of interest this time around. :( Too bad, since online is the way to go!

User avatar
hiker
Official Zipper
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 pm

Re: Kohl's

Postby hiker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:45 pm


User avatar
Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper
Posts: 2637
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Re: Kohl's

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:52 pm

(Thanks for making the PDFs, hiker.)

Kohl's is the worst when it comes to long, slow checkout lines. And, what's with all the mail-in rebates? That's adding insult to injury!

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:48 am

SantaShopper wrote:I find it crazy that everyone else experiences insanely long lines at Kohl's! What are they doing wrong with their BF checkout crew? Or just not enough registers? :lol:



Depends on the store. Ours have two sets of registers that have about 6-8 registers each. The lines are pretty organized and they don't have to go to a register until the next person is almost done - so they don't get you stuck behind someone that is taking forever. The issue is that their stores are not that big and almost everyone buys SO MUCH STUFF.

One year I went to to a kohls that only had one set of 6-8 registers. :shock:
Didn't even realize it until it was time to get in line and I realized there was only one line. Generally if there are two separate areas of registers there's a line on each side of the store.

I got a Big One Throw last year... it's like 5x6', SUPER soft, my cats love it and for whatever reason it seems to not attract a ton of cat hair. I can't tell in the ad which one they are.

JCP also has great sales on blankets and i dont think they advertise most of them. I got my favorite one from there last year. I think it's queen or king size, I probably spent $25-$30 on it, but it's the only blanket I use on my bed. It's not too thick and not too thin. Just perfect, and again doesn't seem to attract a ton of cat hair so i doesn't get ruined when I wash it.

User avatar
SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Kohl's

Postby SantaShopper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:26 am

bfaddict wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:I find it crazy that everyone else experiences insanely long lines at Kohl's! What are they doing wrong with their BF checkout crew? Or just not enough registers? :lol:



Depends on the store. Ours have two sets of registers that have about 6-8 registers each. The lines are pretty organized and they don't have to go to a register until the next person is almost done - so they don't get you stuck behind someone that is taking forever. The issue is that their stores are not that big and almost everyone buys SO MUCH STUFF.

One year I went to to a kohls that only had one set of 6-8 registers. :shock:
Didn't even realize it until it was time to get in line and I realized there was only one line. Generally if there are two separate areas of registers there's a line on each side of the store.

I got a Big One Throw last year... it's like 5x6', SUPER soft, my cats love it and for whatever reason it seems to not attract a ton of cat hair. I can't tell in the ad which one they are.

JCP also has great sales on blankets and i dont think they advertise most of them. I got my favorite one from there last year. I think it's queen or king size, I probably spent $25-$30 on it, but it's the only blanket I use on my bed. It's not too thick and not too thin. Just perfect, and again doesn't seem to attract a ton of cat hair so i doesn't get ruined when I wash it.

My Kohls does the one line thing, so its just crazy long. I might just shop kohls online this year to skip that. I just want my Big one blanket and some other stuff anyways. And yes I agree about the cat hair, something about it doesn't attract! The only blanket that does is the cat blanket I bought her from Petco....who would have thought :lol:

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:31 am

SantaShopper wrote:
bfaddict wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:I find it crazy that everyone else experiences insanely long lines at Kohl's! What are they doing wrong with their BF checkout crew? Or just not enough registers? :lol:



Depends on the store. Ours have two sets of registers that have about 6-8 registers each. The lines are pretty organized and they don't have to go to a register until the next person is almost done - so they don't get you stuck behind someone that is taking forever. The issue is that their stores are not that big and almost everyone buys SO MUCH STUFF.

One year I went to to a kohls that only had one set of 6-8 registers. :shock:
Didn't even realize it until it was time to get in line and I realized there was only one line. Generally if there are two separate areas of registers there's a line on each side of the store.

I got a Big One Throw last year... it's like 5x6', SUPER soft, my cats love it and for whatever reason it seems to not attract a ton of cat hair. I can't tell in the ad which one they are.

JCP also has great sales on blankets and i dont think they advertise most of them. I got my favorite one from there last year. I think it's queen or king size, I probably spent $25-$30 on it, but it's the only blanket I use on my bed. It's not too thick and not too thin. Just perfect, and again doesn't seem to attract a ton of cat hair so i doesn't get ruined when I wash it.

My Kohls does the one line thing, so its just crazy long. I might just shop kohls online this year to skip that. I just want my Big one blanket and some other stuff anyways. And yes I agree about the cat hair, something about it doesn't attract! The only blanket that does is the cat blanket I bought her from Petco....who would have thought :lol:


I've bought those super comfy blankets from Target a few black fridays, any size for like $25 and they're SO soft, but OMG do they attract cat hair. They are basically ruined the first time I try to wash one. I can't use them for guest blankets. The one from JCP is a godsend. I want to get like 2 of those this year. One has a backup for me when my cats decide to puke or pee the one I'm using lol

User avatar
wwefk
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: riverside county ca
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby wwefk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:33 am

SantaShopper wrote:I find it crazy that everyone else experiences insanely long lines at Kohl's! What are they doing wrong with their BF checkout crew? Or just not enough registers? :lol:


so here's the story on kohls, ( i worked there for 6yrs) yes its a mix of limited register and people buying a ton stuff. but also kohls tend to be in shopping centers away from big malls. so you don't get the people that shop all the stores on bf, they only shop kohls because it is closest. another point to make is that kohls customers tend to be older so they want to chit chat with the cashier, argue about the price things ring up at, and :shock: WRITE A CHECK!!!!
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

User avatar
SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Kohl's

Postby SantaShopper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:35 am

bfaddict wrote:I've bought those super comfy blankets from Target a few black fridays, any size for like $25 and they're SO soft, but OMG do they attract cat hair. They are basically ruined the first time I try to wash one. I can't use them for guest blankets. The one from JCP is a godsend. I want to get like 2 of those this year. One has a backup for me when my cats decide to puke or pee the one I'm using lol

Well I'll have to check those out! Dang cats always claiming our blankets!

User avatar
SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Kohl's

Postby SantaShopper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:37 am

wwefk wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:I find it crazy that everyone else experiences insanely long lines at Kohl's! What are they doing wrong with their BF checkout crew? Or just not enough registers? :lol:


so here's the story on kohls, ( i worked there for 6yrs) yes its a mix of limited register and people buying a ton stuff. but also kohls tend to be in shopping centers away from big malls. so you don't get the people that shop all the stores on bf, they only shop kohls because it is closest. another point to make is that kohls customers tend to be older so they want to chit chat with the cashier, argue about the price things ring up at, and :shock: WRITE A CHECK!!!!

LOL! Save it for another day grandma! Don't you know its BF! Take your checkbook elsewhere!

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10697
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:45 am

SantaShopper wrote:LOL! Save it for another day grandma! Don't you know its BF! Take your checkbook elsewhere!


I am in my mid-30s and to this day, I cannot understand why people still use cash and landline phones when it's almost 2017. When I see someone with a landline phone or using cash or a checkbook in a store, I want to send them back to the 90s. They're definitely falling behind.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
wwefk
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: riverside county ca
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby wwefk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:50 am

teknoge3k wrote:
SantaShopper wrote:LOL! Save it for another day grandma! Don't you know its BF! Take your checkbook elsewhere!


I am in my mid-30s and to this day, I cannot understand why people still use cash and landline phones when it's almost 2017. When I see someone with a landline phone or using cash or a checkbook in a store, I want to send them back to the 90s. They're definitely falling behind.


i use cash to better manage my funds, when i slide the card, i tend to spend more then i relize and end up overspending on coffee stops and drive thrus instead of the actual bf shopping
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Kohl's

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:34 am

I was at a grocery store a few weeks ago. All I needed was a pack of frozen peas and corn. Got in the express lane, two people in front of me. An older lady seemed to be almost finished, writing a check. She took FOREVER. I swear like 10 min to write a damn check. and THEN the cashier needed her ID and that just seemed to fluster the lady. Finally another cashier came and opened up for us. I was out before that lady was even finished.

I have a friend who's 30 that will write checks sometimes because for some reason she didn't always have a debit card. But she was at least speedy in her check writing. And she knows better than to write checks on BF unless she runs out of cash lol


Return to “Official Deal Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest