Sam's Club

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Sam's Club

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:50 pm

12 Page Ad Scan: https://www.bfads.net/stores/sams-club/ads/black-friday

They will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and opening their doors at 7AM on Black Friday. The ad does say that you can shop early online on Thanksgiving and prices are valid until Sunday, November 27.

Everything in the ad has free shipping if it's available online. It also has the new iPhones, but says that you will have to check the site on November 22 to see more pricing details.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Re: Sam's Club

Postby shiftyjedi » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Nice part of this is we have confirmation that both the PS4 and Xbox One S with Bonus Controller will both be $250 on Black Friday. The race will be on for who offers the best deal on each package.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:33 am

Is that $348 vizo a good deal?

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:26 am

bfaddict wrote:Is that $348 vizo a good deal?

Maybe. Vizio gets really good TV reviews on cnet.org. But this model doesn't have local dimming, boasts 4 HDMI inputs.. but how many are HDMI 2 (or 2.2). You should really make sure a tv has two hdmi2 inputs, so you can get 4k from both your cable and one other device that has 4k (ps4, roku, blueray player, etc)

And finally, why get a 50" 4k tv?
50" is so small for a 4k tv, You won't really be able to discern the 4k vs HD inputs unless you are like 4 feet from the tv.

If this is for your bedroom, while it may be a good tv, make sure you get one with the right picture for your needs.

This is not a 2016 model, but a 2015 closeout. https://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e-series-2015/ I don't even see the E1 version, only C1.

You should take your time and look around a bit.. go to the store.. the TV is already there to look at.

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for the insight on the 4K Tvs because I have no idea when it comes to that. I know they are hot this year. The 2 HD ports I would have never thought about that. A friend of mine at Walmart says they will have a 4k TV deal as well so I will be watching these.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

2 ports is just not enough. My TV has 4 ports and even that isn't enough!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:58 am

Of course 4 ports are needed.. what I said is make sure that first and foremost, the TV MUST HAVE AT LEAST one HDMI 2.2 port... else it will not be able to feed in the 4k content (im not referring to any 4k content that comes in via the Smart apps). You probably should get one with two of hdmi2 ports.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Also, do not worry about sound, while it should be decent (downfiring speakers are the best IMO) you should also consider getting a good sound bar (one that comes with a wireless woofer.. minimum 30Watts for a small room), or a complete surround sound system. In this case, the woofer is best being outfiring, not down (unless you want your floors to rattle).

Look for good sound bar deals at PC Richards. Don't get the crap ones from Walmart, they are tinny.

I have a 70" 1080P Samsung TV I got at Sears last year. It's awesome and I have 100W speakers (and a 100W sub) surround sound. The base booms the room nicely in those action scenes.

The most important part of a picture, IMO, is the contrast ratio.. the ACTUAL Ratio, not the fake ones they advertise. This is the number of shades between white and black... a good picture/tv will show details where a bad one will not..

e.g. A night scene, can you see the branches of tree, contours of a black coat, etc. This is why you also tend to only see a bright color CD image on TVs, like some of those computer generated movies (Avatar, etc). I try to see a TV where they have stuff on it I watch.

some tvs are better suited for sports and live tv, others for movies. You should determine which is the one you do before you go that route.

THIS is a must read article... https://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/buying-guide/ It gives you a good education.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Go to the store, check out the displays, if you like the picture quality, buy it. If its for a big room, get a decent sound bar.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:43 pm

I honestly could care less about it being a 4k tv. And I WISH I had room in my bedroom for that size lol
My living room currently has a 46" samsung (maybe 42") that is about 10 years old. I thought it might be nice to upgrade to some sort of 'smart' tv that is slightly larger than what I have. I can't go much larger, I have a very small house.

But then i was trying to figure how i could get that samsung into my bedroom if i did buy a new one lol

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:02 pm

bfaddict wrote:I honestly could care less about it being a 4k tv. And I WISH I had room in my bedroom for that size lol
My living room currently has a 46" samsung (maybe 42") that is about 10 years old. I thought it might be nice to upgrade to some sort of 'smart' tv that is slightly larger than what I have. I can't go much larger, I have a very small house.

But then i was trying to figure how i could get that samsung into my bedroom if i did buy a new one lol

turn it sideways :?:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:06 pm

lwmjr wrote:
bfaddict wrote:I honestly could care less about it being a 4k tv. And I WISH I had room in my bedroom for that size lol

turn it sideways :?:

=P

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks for the advice and information on them. I have a decent sound bar so hopefully it will be OK if we decide to get one.

kmwjdizlh
Black Friday Pro

Postby kmwjdizlh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:14 pm

What kind of deal do you think they will have on the iPhones?? I need to get my son a new phone this year and he prefers the iPhones while I prefer Galaxy...

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 pm

bfaddict wrote:Is that $348 vizo a good deal?

I don't know about the deal, but I can tell you that Vizio is a good brand. I have one in the bedroom and it has outlasts the Magnavox that we had in the loving room. The Vizio has a beautiful, crystal clear picture, and good virtual surround sound. I will never recommend Magnavox.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”