Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10673
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 am

NEW YORK — Amazon said Wednesday that it will start offering its holiday deals on Nov. 20 — a full week ahead of Black Friday.

But the e-commerce giant won’t be rolling out all the bargains at once. Instead, new deals will be offered as often as every five minutes for eight days starting Friday.

On Thanksgiving and Black Friday, shoppers will be able to access 10 additional “Deals of the Day.”

As part of the sale, Amazon is pushing consumers to use its mobile app and Prime service. More than 150 “Lightning Deals” will be available only on mobile, and prime members will get access to many deals 30 minutes before the general public. Prime costs $99 per year.

“Last year, total holiday sales from the Amazon Mobile Shopping App doubled in the U.S. and Black Friday had the most rapid growth in mobile shopping,” Amazon said in a news release.

This year, the company is also offering a “Watch A Deal” service that will notify customers when a chosen product goes on sale.

Here are a few of the deals Amazon will offer:

Acer Home Theater Projector for $299.00
$25 off Amazon Fire TV
$50 off a PlayStation 4 Uncharted bundle
$50 off Xbox One consoles
Up to 45 percent off select Samsung and LG TVs
Kindle Paperwhite for $99.99
50 percent off Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones
Jawbone UP3 for $99
LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Figurine Alarm Clock for $15.99
STIGA Triumph Table Tennis Table for $299.99
80 percent off Transformers: The Covenant of Primus
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
blue3715
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:30 pm

They also do the % trick off of MSRP, not what it's selling for pre-sale.

They list a TV console table as down to $139 from $269, but it's already on clearance at $169.

The only way to know the savings, is to view an item before it's on sale, to see the true extra savings.

NCBF
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby NCBF » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:32 am

or use camelcamelcamel to see the price history..gives a great sense if it is really a "deal" or not.

User avatar
blue3715
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby blue3715 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:11 pm

How do I know when a specific item is about to appear on their 8 days list?

Ad says the 32" Roky TCL tv is $125.
http://www.bfads.net/Shop/Amazon-TCL-32 ... -TV/286494

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:38 pm

teknoge3k wrote:NEW YORK — Amazon said Wednesday that it will start offering its holiday deals on Nov. 20 — a full week ahead of Black Friday.

But the e-commerce giant won’t be rolling out all the bargains at once. Instead, new deals will be offered as often as every five minutes for eight days starting Friday.

On Thanksgiving and Black Friday, shoppers will be able to access 10 additional “Deals of the Day.”

As part of the sale, Amazon is pushing consumers to use its mobile app and Prime service. More than 150 “Lightning Deals” will be available only on mobile, and prime members will get access to many deals 30 minutes before the general public. Prime costs $99 per year.

“Last year, total holiday sales from the Amazon Mobile Shopping App doubled in the U.S. and Black Friday had the most rapid growth in mobile shopping,” Amazon said in a news release.

This year, the company is also offering a “Watch A Deal” service that will notify customers when a chosen product goes on sale.

Here are a few of the deals Amazon will offer:

Acer Home Theater Projector for $299.00
$25 off Amazon Fire TV
$50 off a PlayStation 4 Uncharted bundle
$50 off Xbox One consoles
Up to 45 percent off select Samsung and LG TVs
Kindle Paperwhite for $99.99
50 percent off Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones
Jawbone UP3 for $99
LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Figurine Alarm Clock for $15.99
STIGA Triumph Table Tennis Table for $299.99
80 percent off Transformers: The Covenant of Primus



Tek, is there a list somewhere of items like the $125. roko tv?

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10673
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Aside from just looking at the deals coming up, I don't know of a list out there.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:52 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Aside from just looking at the deals coming up, I don't know of a list out there.



Ok thanks, I was just wondering because people are talking about them having the $125.00 tv that walmart has but I cant find it listed anywhere :?

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10673
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:58 pm

inthedark wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Aside from just looking at the deals coming up, I don't know of a list out there.



Ok thanks, I was just wondering because people are talking about them having the $125.00 tv that walmart has but I cant find it listed anywhere :?


Yea that's listed on their main page under "Todays hottest deals"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013F9SSSS/ref ... DCTXHA1841
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:01 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
inthedark wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Aside from just looking at the deals coming up, I don't know of a list out there.



Ok thanks, I was just wondering because people are talking about them having the $125.00 tv that walmart has but I cant find it listed anywhere :?


Yea that's listed on their main page under "Todays hottest deals"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013F9SSSS/ref ... DCTXHA1841


Not for $125.00 tho, :( I want to shop but not finding anything I want, need, at a decent price

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10673
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Coming up it will be $169
They have a larger one than Walmart for $139 as well.

Keep in mind these brands are all meh. If you want a decent TV, you may hold off for a few weeks and get one prior to the Super Bowl. OR, spend the extra money and get you a decent brand with a decent picture. Don't jump on it because of the price.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:16 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Coming up it will be $169
They have a larger one than Walmart for $139 as well.

Keep in mind these brands are all meh. If you want a decent TV, you may hold off for a few weeks and get one prior to the Super Bowl. OR, spend the extra money and get you a decent brand with a decent picture. Don't jump on it because of the price.


I hear you, I am thinking about the Samsung at target right now for under $200. once you take the 10% and 5% off

Samsung 32" Class 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - Black (UN32J5003AFXZA )

http://www.target.com/p/samsung-32-clas ... edium_1_18

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 pm

inthedark wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Coming up it will be $169
They have a larger one than Walmart for $139 as well.

Keep in mind these brands are all meh. If you want a decent TV, you may hold off for a few weeks and get one prior to the Super Bowl. OR, spend the extra money and get you a decent brand with a decent picture. Don't jump on it because of the price.


I hear you, I am thinking about the Samsung at target right now for under $200. once you take the 10% and 5% off

Samsung 32" Class 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - Black (UN32J5003AFXZA )

http://www.target.com/p/samsung-32-clas ... edium_1_18



Crap, just noticed its not a smart tv, back to square one

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:23 pm

inthedark wrote:
inthedark wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Coming up it will be $169
They have a larger one than Walmart for $139 as well.

Keep in mind these brands are all meh. If you want a decent TV, you may hold off for a few weeks and get one prior to the Super Bowl. OR, spend the extra money and get you a decent brand with a decent picture. Don't jump on it because of the price.


I hear you, I am thinking about the Samsung at target right now for under $200. once you take the 10% and 5% off

Samsung 32" Class 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - Black (UN32J5003AFXZA )

http://www.target.com/p/samsung-32-clas ... edium_1_18



Crap, just noticed its not a smart tv, back to square one


but this one is: http://www.target.com/p/samsung-32-smar ... ught|pdph1

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10673
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Samsung is good. The only thing I don't like about that one is that it only has 2 HDMI ports.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
inthedark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Amazon reveals Black Friday plans

Postby inthedark » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:53 pm

tv came up but it was $179.99 :(


Return to “Online Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest