Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:39 pm

That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Re: Pep Boys

Postby pdavis » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:06 pm

might have to go pick up the coolant and a couple of the emergency kits for my daughter and nieces to keep in their cars.
I'm addicted!

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:57 pm

While those $9.99 oil change specials are nice, those mail in rebates are a bit of a pain in the rear. Regardless I'll probably still stock up on oil and the 50/50 Peak antifreeze at those prices

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:48 pm

I always stock up on the oil every year, actually the rebates are pretty easy and quick,
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 am

lwmjr wrote:I always stock up on the oil every year, actually the rebates are pretty easy and quick,

I think it's why I change oil every July and January. Gasoline is never on sale, when oil is half price you buy now and smile later. Five quarts of conventional Castrol for 10 bucks is nice. Synthetic for 20
is better than 25. I've got one vehicle with a blend and another with straight 5w-20.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:44 pm

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:55 pm

lwmjr wrote:I always stock up on the oil every year, actually the rebates are pretty easy and quick,

well to be fair it was a bit of a pain because they limited it to 3 "deals" Per household so I had to do multiple transactions and use a relative's address, as well as my business and home address since I stocked up the shop last year. I won't be doing that this year, figuring two bundles per vehicle for 2016. 4 for us, 2 for my parents' car, and 2 for my brother's pick-up. I change our oil every April and October. My daughter insisted on changing my wife's last month on her own, I just drove the car in the garage and put it up on the stands. If a 10 y/o can do it, there's no reason an adult can't. :D

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Received the ad in todays mail
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Good and bad shopping experience. Snagged a pair of Rainex winter wiper blades as an impulse buy. They were marked down from 19.909 to 14.99 each which is about what I paidy for Bosch winter blades last fall.

Beware of false advertising pertaining to the oil rebate. The rebate form says there's a limit of two, the store ad says purchase limit of three. While synthetic and conventional opil is on sale synthetic blend is NOT. Conventional filters are part of the bundle Synthetic filters are NOT.

The Castrol was not on the original rebate form. Made the store manager print me a special one for Castrol since it's on sale today from 7-11 only. It has a two bottle rebate limit. Made him credit my purchase and left the store with my "rebate limit" of two.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:16 pm

Vols44 wrote:Good and bad shopping experience. Snagged a pair of Rainex winter wiper blades as an impulse buy. They were marked down from 19.909 to 14.99 each which is about what I paidy for Bosch winter blades last fall.

Beware of false advertising pertaining to the oil rebate. The rebate form says there's a limit of two, the store ad says purchase limit of three. While synthetic and conventional opil is on sale synthetic blend is NOT. Conventional filters are part of the bundle Synthetic filters are NOT.

The Castrol was not on the original rebate form. Made the store manager print me a special one for Castrol since it's on sale today from 7-11 only. It has a two bottle rebate limit. Made him credit my purchase and left the store with my "rebate limit" of two.

had the same problem, supposedly the website, (you have to wait 24 hours) will accept the rebates, on the plus side, it looks like you can get two of everything on the rebate list.
They did tell me, if I had problems they would make it right

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Well, apparently the Pepboys store I usually go to on BF closed down earlier this year. It's now a AutoZone. I didn't bother going in to see if they were running a BF promo, especially since it was getting late this afternoon.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:30 pm

cinemike16 wrote:Well, apparently the Pepboys store I usually go to on BF closed down earlier this year. It's now a AutoZone. I didn't bother going in to see if they were running a BF promo, especially since it was getting late this afternoon.

Sorry dude,

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:42 pm

lwmjr wrote:
cinemike16 wrote:Well, apparently the Pepboys store I usually go to on BF closed down earlier this year. It's now a AutoZone. I didn't bother going in to see if they were running a BF promo, especially since it was getting late this afternoon.

Sorry dude,

Yeah it bummed me out to see that but I guess lesson learned to double check store locations on store webpages since I don't get out to that area too often. Not that I expect a similar situation to happen again.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”