Toys R Us

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Toys R Us

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 pm

angelmse wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:
Ok I'm confused.... press release says members only sale 11/22 with 100 door busters available. Then it says 10% extra off in store Thanksgiving day. So..... is there anyway to find out what door busters are going to be in the members only sale? Is the 10% extra going to include the door b usters? If so that would make my lego set 40% off on BF? really? Could it be that I could score so well?

The early sale is for rewards members, the 10% off is for TRU CREDIT CARD holders. So if you have the TRU credit card you can get the extra 10% on Thanksgiving but will have to battle the crowds.

The savings won't be exactly 40%. But will be close.
For example - if an item is $30 and it's 20% off then it will be $24. If the item is 10% off and then an additional 10% off it ends up being $24.30.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:01 pm

bfaddict wrote:
angelmse wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:
Ok I'm confused.... press release says members only sale 11/22 with 100 door busters available. Then it says 10% extra off in store Thanksgiving day. So..... is there anyway to find out what door busters are going to be in the members only sale? Is the 10% extra going to include the door b usters? If so that would make my lego set 40% off on BF? really? Could it be that I could score so well?

The early sale is for rewards members, the 10% off is for TRU CREDIT CARD holders. So if you have the TRU credit card you can get the extra 10% on Thanksgiving but will have to battle the crowds.

For example - if an item is $30 and it's 20% off then it will be $24. If the item is 10% off and then an additional 10% off it ends up being $24.30.

Thx so much GF, I re-read the announcement. SS, these meds make me sooo confused. Can only shop online this year, so really trying to get it all together. Appreciate your help.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 pm

angelmse wrote:
bfaddict wrote:
angelmse wrote:

Thx so much GF, I re-read the announcement. SS, these meds make me sooo confused. Can only shop online this year, so really trying to get it all together. Appreciate your help.

If I had the TRU credit card I would probably opt to do the early sale and skip the 10% honestly. Especially if what you want might be a popular item.
The rewards thing is free so go get yourself signed up if you aren't already :)
And when I originally read the press release I had to read it a couple times too to see that it was card holders that get the additional 10% because it didn't make sense to me either lol

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Sooooo any more info on this pre BF sale tomorrow???

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:00 am

CrazyTrain wrote:Sooooo any more info on this pre BF sale tomorrow???

i just got an email this morning

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 am

use promo code BLACKFRIDAY if shopping online
Just need to show rewards card instore

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:04 am

hmmm the one item i wanted is listed as out of stock. lame.
didn't even think it would be that popular.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:14 am

and now i'm questioning my gift ideas for my nephews
I always feel like what I want to give them won't be "cool" enough and a waste of money lol

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 am

bfaddict wrote:and now i'm questioning my gift ideas for my nephews
I always feel like what I want to give them won't be "cool" enough and a waste of money lol

I tend to find out my nephews interests ahead of time. One is into Nerf and the other anything Hot Wheels. Of course the youngest always wants what his older brother gets so I used to just buy two of the same item...then my only concern is whether they already own it, especially when it comes to Nerf toys. Skipping the "guessing game" this year and just giving them a PS4 this year.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 am

That's basically my situation. 2 nephews, one is older so the youngest always wants the same thing, however now the oldest is into video games and i have no idea what he has or wants. i did tell my brother to email me their xmas list but who knows if that will ever happen.
Normally I fly during the holidays so they usually just get gift cards but this year I can finally buy something!

The oldest will be 11, the youngest is 7. I was going to get the mario kart or TMNT race cars but that says 4 and older so now i think that may be too young for the 7 year old.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Only 1 thing I wanted was included. Hopefully the online sale on BF will have everything.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:31 pm

bfaddict wrote:That's basically my situation. 2 nephews, one is older so the youngest always wants the same thing, however now the oldest is into video games and i have no idea what he has or wants. i did tell my brother to email me their xmas list but who knows if that will ever happen.
Normally I fly during the holidays so they usually just get gift cards but this year I can finally buy something!

The oldest will be 11, the youngest is 7. I was going to get the mario kart or TMNT race cars but that says 4 and older so now i think that may be too young for the 7 year old.

Maybe I can help some. My son is 12 his friends are 11 &12.. Soooo the video games for the 12 yr old are: Madden 16 if into football, NBA16 basketball, Call of Duty black ops 3 or any black ops games depending on his video game console. The early versions of Assasains creed are also big hits with the boys, the Lego Jurassic world another big hit. OH and Minecraft huge hit. Mario kart is awesome, I know some adults who like that one. For the 7 yr old, you can never go wrong with any of the skylanders games and I would think the Disney infinity 3.0 star wars would also be awesome. ( I want it, LOL)
You just need to find out which gaming system they have. OH Also for 7 yr old... anything Pokémon, I know there are several Pokémon games for the DS systems.
Hope I was some help to you hon.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:33 pm

I sent Gma to TRUS yesterday to grab the lego set for my nephew at 20% off. Will be 30% off on BF. Was hoping it would be part of the sale today. Well it was not on sale today, so I am happy with the 20% and not having to deal with BF at TRUS. Whew...... Nothing I wanted was included in todays sale, UGH....... :oops:

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:09 am

angelmse wrote:
bfaddict wrote:That's basically my situation. 2 nephews, one is older so the youngest always wants the same thing, however now the oldest is into video games and i have no idea what he has or wants. i did tell my brother to email me their xmas list but who knows if that will ever happen.

Maybe I can help some. My son is 12 his friends are 11 &12.. Soooo the video games for the 12 yr old are: Madden 16 if into football, NBA16 basketball, Call of Duty black ops 3 or any black ops games depending on his video game console. The early versions of Assasains creed are also big hits with the boys, the Lego Jurassic world another big hit. OH and Minecraft huge hit. Mario kart is awesome, I know some adults who like that one. For the 7 yr old, you can never go wrong with any of the skylanders games and I would think the Disney infinity 3.0 star wars would also be awesome. ( I want it, LOL)
You just need to find out which gaming system they have. OH Also for 7 yr old... anything Pokémon, I know there are several Pokémon games for the DS systems.

I have a feeling he'll get most of those games from his parents or either grandma and grandpa. That's another issue, there are WAY too many family members to go back and forth between to figure out what these kids don't have or they want lol So I leave the video games and that type of stuff to them.

Target has that electronic dinosaur for $50 that I thought would be good for one of them. Just not sure which one.
The 7 year old is SUPER into BayBlades but god knows he has more than enough and I would have no idea which ones of those he already has.

My original plan was to make them a gift card that says it's good for one free shopping trip with their aunt and then I could take them to walmart and they could pick out whatever they wanted (with a $$ limit) but even though we're celebrating xmas the weekend before and we will all be together for 4 days there unfortunately isn't time for that. When I was younger my grandma bought me something and for some reason we went to return it so my grandma let me pick out whatever I wanted and I thought it was the best thing ever! lol so I kinda wanted to give them at that experience.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:06 pm

bfaddict wrote:
angelmse wrote:

I have a feeling he'll get most of those games from his parents or either grandma and grandpa. That's another issue, there are WAY too many family members to go back and forth between to figure out what these kids don't have or they want lol So I leave the video games and that type of stuff to them.

Target has that electronic dinosaur for $50 that I thought would be good for one of them. Just not sure which one.
The 7 year old is SUPER into BayBlades but god knows he has more than enough and I would have no idea which ones of those he already has.

My original plan was to make them a gift card that says it's good for one free shopping trip with their aunt and then I could take them to walmart and they could pick out whatever they wanted (with a $$ limit) but even though we're celebrating xmas the weekend before and we will all be together for 4 days there unfortunately isn't time for that. When I was younger my grandma bought me something and for some reason we went to return it so my grandma let me pick out whatever I wanted and I thought it was the best thing ever! lol so I kinda wanted to give them at that experience.

My Gma would come to visit and do the same thing. She did something really cool, we had a gift under the tree that we could open, inside it said " I love you, this is good for 1 day of shooping and fun with GMA" It was awesome. She would spend 1 day with me, then next day with my brother. Made us feel extra special. When she stopped coming, we got gift cards, went shopping, then had to call her to tell her what we got.
I love the idea of gift cards, maybe you can get them GC's and tell them they HAVE to call you and tell you what they got. Make a game out of it?????? I am sure whatever you do will be awesome. good luck hon.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”