Toys R Us

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Toys R Us

Postby sportymonkey » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:06 pm

The only thing at TRU this year that interests me is the Lego Deminsions starter pack. They are the cheapest at 64.99. And since I have not seen an ad out that has Left 4 dead 2 in it; I guess I will pick it up here on the buy1 get 2nd for 2.00.

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Toys R Us

Postby schafferfamily5 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:59 am

I too, am looking to get the lego dimension starter pack. That's why I was hoping it would go
live on line ahead of time, but I have never bought on line from them. The sale for them start
Friday at 7:00 and I have never waiting in line for anything there either or I really don't anything about them on line or waiting in line :? So I was hoping someone could help with any information. So sportymonkey I did sign up after you told me about it so thank you :lol:

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Toys R Us

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:13 am

schafferfamily5 wrote:I too, am looking to get the lego dimension starter pack. That's why I was hoping it would go
live on line ahead of time, but I have never bought on line from them. The sale for them start
Friday at 7:00 and I have never waiting in line for anything there either or I really don't anything about them on line or waiting in line :? So I was hoping someone could help with any information. So sportymonkey I did sign up after you told me about it so thank you :lol:


The line forms VERY early and it gets VERY long.
You'll want to get there at least 2-3 hours before opening so that you can get in and out real fast. Their checkout line also forms incredibly fan but as long as you can get in and grab you stuff and line up you should get out very quickly. But I think in a place like TRU a lot of people have that strategy because it's not very large so the checkout line that wraps around the store can get long very quickly.

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Toys R Us

Postby schafferfamily5 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks bfaddict for the information

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Toys R Us

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:36 pm

schafferfamily5 wrote:Thanks bfaddict for the information


The way my friend and I always did it was that we would get there pretty early to get in line. Then once in the store we would wander around grabbing our own stuff until we saw the line forming. then one of us would jump in line and the other would continue shopping, then once that person was done the other person would jump out and grab the rest of their stuff. By the time we did that we were pretty close to the checkout.

User avatar
CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Toys R Us

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:57 pm

TRU sent out a press release that 100 doorbusters will be on sale in store starting Sunday... They have it up on this site. Hopefully more info will come out - TRU is too far for me to go on Thursday, so I'd love to be able to try to get what I want earlier.

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Toys R Us

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:05 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:TRU sent out a press release that 100 doorbusters will be on sale in store starting Sunday... They have it up on this site. Hopefully more info will come out - TRU is too far for me to go on Thursday, so I'd love to be able to try to get what I want earlier.


You have to sign up for their rewards program to get any of them that early (I think). So I signed up today.

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Toys R Us

Postby SoDangPretty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:40 am

Target has a cartwheel offer for 35% off all lego dimensions starter packs which makes them 65 bux now..

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Toys R Us

Postby schafferfamily5 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:04 am

thanks SoDangPretty :P

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Toys R Us

Postby SoDangPretty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 am

No problem :) going to pick up one myself!

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

Re: Toys R Us

Postby SoDangPretty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 am

No problem :) going to pick up one myself!

User avatar
sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Toys R Us

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:27 am

bfaddict wrote:
schafferfamily5 wrote:Thanks bfaddict for the information


The way my friend and I always did it was that we would get there pretty early to get in line. Then once in the store we would wander around grabbing our own stuff until we saw the line forming. then one of us would jump in line and the other would continue shopping, then once that person was done the other person would jump out and grab the rest of their stuff. By the time we did that we were pretty close to the checkout.


That's how I have done it in the past. Grab your most prized possesion first and then get things as you go along the way. I've done it solo and just asked people nicely that were by what I needed. Last year I was in front of a mom that had her 2 kids with her. They were so eager to go grab things that we made it a game and timed them to see who could be the quickest. They were both so cute that I picked them out a stuffed animal that someone like them would like, wink wink, and then gave it to them once I checked out. I've never had a bad bf experience at TRU.

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Toys R Us

Postby schafferfamily5 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Okay, just got back from target used the 35% cartwheel and they also told about addition 10% off when you text 827438 then enter Gamer1 ( this is a target mobile coupon), so get a total of
45% off my final price before tax was 54.99 :D

User avatar
CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Toys R Us

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:57 pm

bfaddict wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:TRU sent out a press release that 100 doorbusters will be on sale in store starting Sunday... They have it up on this site. Hopefully more info will come out - TRU is too far for me to go on Thursday, so I'd love to be able to try to get what I want earlier.


You have to sign up for their rewards program to get any of them that early (I think). So I signed up today.

I am a member :D And ready to be there as needed. :shock:

User avatar
angelmse
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm
Location: Tempe,Arizona

Re: Toys R Us

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:
bfaddict wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:TRU sent out a press release that 100 doorbusters will be on sale in store starting Sunday... They have it up on this site. Hopefully more info will come out - TRU is too far for me to go on Thursday, so I'd love to be able to try to get what I want earlier.


You have to sign up for their rewards program to get any of them that early (I think). So I signed up today.

I am a member :D And ready to be there as needed. :shock:


Ok I'm confused.... press release says members only sale 11/22 with 100 door busters available. Then it says 10% extra off in store Thanksgiving day. So..... is there anyway to find out what door busters are going to be in the members only sale? Is the 10% extra going to include the door b usters? If so that would make my lego set 40% off on BF? really? Could it be that I could score so well?


Return to “Official Deal Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest