Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 pm

That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Toys R Us

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:39 pm

I've stayed away from TRU for a few years now due to not needing to buy anything but now that I'm driving to Christmas this year I can actually buy physical presents and I see a few things I might want to get for my nephews!
Nothing worthy of being there at opening though.... that crowd is just too much.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Last edited by hiker on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barbd00
Black Friday Pro

Postby barbd00 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 pm

TRU is usually a "after the first stores" for me because our crowds are insane here. One year we had 3 hours till opening (it was one of the years they opened much later than Target/Walmart) and the line was through an entire plaza and out behind the next plaza. From what I heard later, literally a 2+ hour wait to get IN the door once they opened the doors. And cops. It was a mess.

Anyway, I'm thinking of a few things, but do they normally sell online too? I know some say in stores only, but if it doesn't say that, do they normally sell them online too?

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:30 pm

The only thing might stop by and pick up sometime would be shopkins stuff. My 3 y/o is obsessed and can tell you which once is rare and a common. We were walking around Kmart and she kept saying the names of each one and how rare they can be and she is freaking 3. She is going to be the death of me for sure lol.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Well this is not what I hoped it would be BUT it is better than the others so far at least for my list. I think quite a few newer toys where overlooked by the retailers this year ad wise.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:05 am

ikey2 wrote:The only thing might stop by and pick up sometime would be shopkins stuff. My 3 y/o is obsessed and can tell you which once is rare and a common. We were walking around Kmart and she kept saying the names of each one and how rare they can be and she is freaking 3. She is going to be the death of me for sure lol.

LOL very cute. My niece is into American Girl, watches videos and man she knows her stuff. I have to check with her as to what I can buy at Target vs the AM. Girl store. LOL these kids today are amazing.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:10 am

They do have the exact Lego set my nephew wants on sale 30% off. I am hoping that we will be able to shop Weds. as I have done in past years.
Other than Lego set, may stop in there to check out video games after all my other stores.
I kinda miss shopping in there, my son is 12 now, all he wants is electronics now, boohoo......

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:17 am

angelmse wrote: I kinda miss shopping in there, my son is 12 now, all he wants is electronics now, boohoo......

I know that feeling, my daughter's 10 now and she isn't interested in toys anymore.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:53 am

My oldest nephew is 10 and he's at that point too. Except it's video games so I have no idea what to get him.
His brother is 7 and I think I found a few things for him (some electronic toys) but otherwise he always wants what his brother has and doesn't want "little kid" stuff.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:08 am

ikey2 wrote:The only thing might stop by and pick up sometime would be shopkins stuff. My 3 y/o is obsessed and can tell you which once is rare and a common. We were walking around Kmart and she kept saying the names of each one and how rare they can be and she is freaking 3. She is going to be the death of me for sure lol.

5 below has a ton of shopkins stuff.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:02 am

sportymonkey wrote:

Thanks, might check them out net week since it has been a while last time in one.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 pm

ikey2 wrote:
sportymonkey wrote:

Thanks, might check them out net week since it has been a while last time in one.

Me also. But I checked this weeks ad to see if they had any of the beyblades on sale and there was a whole page of nothing but Shopkins. I wished that we had one closer and that is were maybe 45% of the kids' stuff will be from ( younger 2 want Halo, bey blades, My little pony, and littlest pet shop small type toys) I'm hoping I can find alot of cute stocking stuffers there also. I love that store.

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro

Postby schafferfamily5 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:36 am

Hi, hoping someone would know the answer to this question. I have never shopped on
line for TRU blackfriday items, but am thinking I may this yr.. What time does their site
go live for these items - the item I'm looking at is on (starts 7 am in store) Friday. Is there a
chance they start these before then, like earlier in week? Thank in advance for any help.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:00 pm

schafferfamily5 wrote:Hi, hoping someone would know the answer to this question. I have never shopped on
line for TRU blackfriday items, but am thinking I may this yr.. What time does their site
go live for these items - the item I'm looking at is on (starts 7 am in store) Friday. Is there a
chance they start these before then, like earlier in week? Thank in advance for any help.

Do you get emails from TRU? I know that I am not much help; sorry. I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. Sometimes they have the same bf deal on video games a couple days before or atleast something similar. I would check on their ad today and see if it's in there.I noticed last year that everything in the bf ad was wasn't a huge doorbuster was on sale again for the same price or close at one point in time before christmas. IE they had totes of army guys for 10.00 bf ad; the following week and week before christmas they were on sale as either 10.00 again or b1g1.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”