Walmart

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

tashicon
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby tashicon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm at Wal-Mart now. There are only 6 70 inch vizios. Also there is no line just who ever grabs first.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:00 pm

blue3715 wrote:Got my newspaper with the stack of BF ads this morning. Alas there wasn't a Walmart ad in there. Someone messed up.

Not only did I not get the WM add, didn't get Target either. UGH..... As if I don't already have my list/spreadsheet LOL

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Wal-Mart was late in delivering their ad to many local papers. My wife works for the local paper and they di not get the ad until it was too late to stuff it into the Wed paper, so people won't get it until Fri!

Aparantly this was a problem in many locations

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Walmart was surprisingly organized and not as crowded this year. Got there about 5:40, scoped out how and where stuff actually was and we were out the door by 6:20. Got everything on my list.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Was organized to the T and found out at the last hour my niece wanted the XBox one from there since Target's line was looooong. Ugh, Got a wristband at 4pm, sweet talked an associate out of a console in the game case at 5:30, he spider webbed it with the security hockey puck and cables.

Was directed to the meat section for the games and they were lined up against the coolers with associates between the racks and us. With thirty seconds to go somebody shouted they were picking at the end, Spotted what I wanted, had to read around someone's waist and blindly pick up two hand fulls. Niece had the console under a coat far back from the push and shove action.

Went back the the grocery aisle to surrender my wristband for the phone. Out by 6:40 and home by 7. All in a day's work.

Going to Pep Boys and Lowe's in the morning.

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:52 pm

Crowds at walmart were a lot lighter than previous years. Was able to price match a few blu rays from BB ad before the official event time start. They let us into the pallets about 17 minutes early. Got all the ones I wanted so quite pleased.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Our Walmart had been letting people purchase all day according to a friend who shopped there at noon. We went at about 5 and got everything on our list. There was plenty of everything in stock, shopping carts, and parking spaces! Got out of there at 605 because it is a place where people like to stand and talk to block aisles and cause bottlenecks but overall pretty decent this year. However, we did not go for anything big besides hoping for some of the video games which we got no problem.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Forgot to add that there were more employees and police than ever. This was the first year no one loaded carts early. All registers in remote areas were closed at 6pm and I checked out once in a regular line and again through the self check via a WM employee with little waiting time.

FWIW, 66 XBox bundles were on hand. The prepaid phones were claimed via wrist band before 6pm. Some of the laptops were unclaimed at 6:30.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Bar stools sold out, most of the BF only stuff is on the main aisles since it doesn't not have a UPC or shelf label for that store. Games like Madden 16, Fifa 16 Black Ops for the 360 were still lying around.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:39 pm

first time ever i think that i didn't set foot in a walmart on BF.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Ended up not getting to Walmart until after noon today, and unlike last year they were packed and nearly out of everything. I figured I'd call it a success if I could at least score Season 5 of TWD, season 8 of BBT, and The Heat on Blu-ray but unfortunately I couldn't find any of them. Still walked out with about $200 worth of DVDs, Blu-rays, and PS4 games however. Also picked up a couple pair of flannel pajama bottoms (TMNT for me, Frozen for the kiddo). Didn't get a blu-ray player, despite them having plenty of Sony S2500 units on the shelf, they were ringing up at $100 for some reason. A manager admitted that they were the same ones on sale for $45 and should have still rung up at that price, but didn't know why they weren't - he also refused to do an override (as soon as he confirmed the price, he had another associate pull every single one of them off the shelf). Not sure what that was about, but I guess with a PS3 I guess I don't really need a new, dedicated BD player.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:43 pm

cinemike16 wrote:Ended up not getting to Walmart until after noon today, and unlike last year they were packed and nearly out of everything. I figured I'd call it a success if I could at least score Season 5 of TWD, season 8 of BBT, and The Heat on Blu-ray but unfortunately I couldn't find any of them. Still walked out with about $200 worth of DVDs, Blu-rays, and PS4 games however. Also picked up a couple pair of flannel pajama bottoms (TMNT for me, Frozen for the kiddo). Didn't get a blu-ray player, despite them having plenty of Sony S2500 units on the shelf, they were ringing up at $100 for some reason. A manager admitted that they were the same ones on sale for $45 and should have still rung up at that price, but didn't know why they weren't - he also refused to do an override (as soon as he confirmed the price, he had another associate pull every single one of them off the shelf). Not sure what that was about, but I guess with a PS3 I guess I don't really need a new, dedicated BD player.

Amazon had TWD5 earlier, I snagged it for my son. They'll likely have it again!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:12 am

BeachGirlShops wrote:Got up at 3 for the sale. It took me until 5:30 to get checked out. Got most of the things I wanted. I was very frustrated but I'm glad it's done!

Ditto. The Walmart twitter responses to questions/complaints during that mess were kinda annoying, too. They read just like some spacey and oblivious CSR just spouting from the manual. "Sorry to hear about your problems, please try again." "Sorry to hear that, hope you will continue having a pleasant shopping experience with us."

Went to Walmart yesterday evening at around 9, and there were plenty of doorbusters still available. Almost a full pallet of the RCA 2-in-1 tablets, even. Perhaps the consumers are getting more well-informed about not just price, but quality of product as well.

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:22 am

mechimpaired wrote:Our Walmart had been letting people purchase all day according to a friend who shopped there at noon.

After navigating through the debacle on their website, I still had a couple of items that naturally went out of stock in the time it took for me to finally get through checking out. I went in the morning since my wife forgot a couple of items. Most of the doorbuster pallets were still in plastic wrap, except for the clothing items and the kitchenware items. I didn't want to be "that guy," so I hung around until I saw at least 2-3 others take items before I took the plunge and got the items I lost from my online cart. Checkout assistant at the self-checkout station kinda glared at my cart, but she didn't say anything, and everything rang up at the sale price.

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Our walmart has pretty much all of the doorbusters left. The only thing I'm still trying to track down is one of those Frozen bed sets for my angel tree gift. FWIW, all I bought were some toddler pajamas and some of the $4 tights.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”