Walmart

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby tinytim35 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Vols44 wrote:
angelmse wrote:

No they will not PM gift cards or %'s off. You have to have the actual ad/pull up on device, in order for them to price match. This is what I have been told in past years.

Tinytim35, it's 2015 and it won't hurt to ask the electronics department manager ahead of the sale. I got one to PM an iPod touch five years ago via GC. The curve ball will be securing the item through a wristband and/or corral in the remote location on your specific store's map and paying at the electronics register (hopefully with the same manager in the immediate area if there is a problem).

I had to remind the manager and force fed the associate verbatim to secure the PM with a TRU hardcopied ad.

worth a shot! I'm almost thinking about getting it on Amazon....no tax & free shipping.....they have a 1 TB Halo one that if it goes for $50 off it will be close to the same price as buying the 500gb one and the game.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:34 am

teknoge3k wrote:I still can't wrap my head around Walmarts wrapping their pallets in plastic. I can honestly see how people get hurt trying to get to them. I'm just thankful our Walmart does it differently.

The pros must linger hours ahead to be in the front circle and use a pocket knife to slit the wrap and extract their item(s). The alternative is a large person who makes their choices known to nearby customers so they can get theirs and allow others next dibs.

Can you imagine playing the role of stand back til the last foot of shrink wrap is removed WM employee?

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 am

Vols44 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:I still can't wrap my head around Walmarts wrapping their pallets in plastic. I can honestly see how people get hurt trying to get to them. I'm just thankful our Walmart does it differently.

The pros must linger hours ahead to be in the front circle and use a pocket knife to slit the wrap and extract their item(s). The alternative is a large person who makes their choices known to nearby customers so they can get theirs and allow others next dibs.

Can you imagine playing the role of stand back til the last foot of shrink wrap is removed WM employee?

Your WMs still use the shrink wrap stuff? I haven't seen that stuff in at least 2 years around my area. They just leave them open and have employees patrol them in our store. Unless we're talking about the DVDs/BRs/Games. Those are over-protected by no less than a dozen employees. :roll:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:46 am

carmenslackey wrote:Your WMs still use the shrink wrap stuff? I haven't seen that stuff in at least 2 years around my area. They just leave them open and have employees patrol them in our store. Unless we're talking about the DVDs/BRs/Games. Those are over-protected by no less than a dozen employees. :roll:

Ditto. Nothing is wrapped in my store either. Not even guarded. It's like a normal shopping day at WM. You walk in, get what you want, and get ready to check out. Now they don't let you check out hours early, but they usually start check-out about 20 minutes till. I am usually HOME from Walmart and have things unloaded before other WMs even begin their sale. I guess it's a perk of living in the country.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:52 am

I hear ya there tek. Our WM usually lets us diehards start grabbing off of the pallets around 3pm or so, just telling us that we can't check out until 6pm. The only things that need waited on are the DVDs (which there are always a ton left, so I just go back later) and any of the ticketed items. Everything else is a free for all. And it's normally pretty calm until about 10 minutes till sale time when all the inexperienced idiots come into the store and look around like "where'd all the stuff go? It's not even 6pm yet!" and I'm just sitting there with my 2 buggies packed full of stuff laughing to myself. Rural life is grand. :mrgreen:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:58 am

carmenslackey wrote:I hear ya there tek. Our WM usually lets us diehards start grabbing off of the pallets around 3pm or so, just telling us that we can't check out until 6pm. The only things that need waited on are the DVDs (which there are always a ton left, so I just go back later) and any of the ticketed items. Everything else is a free for all. And it's normally pretty calm until about 10 minutes till sale time when all the inexperienced idiots come into the store and look around like "where'd all the stuff go? It's not even 6pm yet!" and I'm just sitting there with my 2 buggies packed full of stuff laughing to myself. Rural life is grand. :mrgreen:

Exact same here.
I typically get there around 3 or so, fill my buggy up, go to the back and get some food and a drink then go sit in the floor up front and eat my food and wait until closer to 5:30 to check out. Then go to my car and get a laugh as the people who are walking in at 5:30-5:45 complain as people are walking out.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I wish they would let us do that here but they don't. But I haven't been to walmart at opening in a few years now. But they tend to guard stuff like hawks. Ridiculous.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

The pallets of lesser items like clothes and small appliances are ripped into and half gone with an hour to go. I still like jackets over my items and one person guards our cart at all times. I like to stage near the registers because some years they let us load the belt 10 minutes prior. The looks on 10 minutes after customers coming in while I'm going out is priceless.

I'm always happy they put the stampede items (DVD/game) pallets down a double wide grocery aisle.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 pm

My Favorite is the person who shows up 10 mins before sale starts and bitches about the line of people. LOL I always enjoy them.
My WM ,SINCE I usually got there 3 hours ahead of time, would let me put my items in my cart as they are putting it out. Then I park my cart, first inline . Go out to car, eat my snack, have a smoke and back to cart to be 1st to check out. The store manager is awesome, and she always accommodated me.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:38 pm

jeez... our walmart sucks. lol

we can't even TOUCH the cheapo stuff. Although usually they only have 1 person guarding about 3-4 palettes so if they wander too far you can usually sneak things away.

thankfully there is nothing i want this year so we are going after the crowd dies down.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:38 pm

I haven't been to a Walmart BF sale when they first start since 2010. Last year I hit up Walmart very late on Friday on the way home from the hospital, and I was befuddled by the abundance of the sale items still available. This year, I'll be going around 8pm(ish) after dinner with my daughter and my brother's family - other than a new Blu-ray player, video games and movies I'm not really in the market for anything this year.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:27 pm

With it starting at 6pm, I am kind of hoping they don't allow things to get opened too early, as I don't think I can get there until 5pm. Hoping to get my son a tv if we don't buy one on line before then, but we won't cry or die if we don't get it - he'll just have to keep looking.

I really NEED the Rubbermaid storage bowls.... yeah that is a must lol
I wouldn't mind getting a new bedset.
Otherwise I really haven't made a list, maybe see what games and movies might be on sale.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

At our WM, the bed sets are tucked away into a narrow aisle in the craft section. Had to buy one for my dad last year and that was one of the last things I found walking around mapping out the store. And since they also had the cheap towels nearby, there was almost always an associate near there, so no putting into the cart at 3pm. However, my niece is flexible, so she crawled over the boxes and snuck in the back of the aisle, grabbed the size and design that my dad wanted, threw it to me, crawled back out and we covered it with our coats. By the time anyone realized we had one in our cart, they were already in their "Just to let you know, you can't check out until 6pm to get the sale price" mode. Same with the jeans. Both hubby and the kid wear incredibly 'off' sizes, so as I was finding them (we could look, but not take), we'd wait until the associates weren't looking, then I'd toss the stack to my niece who would cover them in the cart.

The Rubbermaid containers, those vary in popularity by year. Last year in our store, there were still some left over on Friday morning, but the previous year they were gone long before checkout time. You could try checking for them online because I believe they had them on there last year, but I don't know if you're like me in that you like to have it physically in your hand and not fretting over the order getting cancelled.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:18 am

azerigold wrote:With it starting at 6pm, I am kind of hoping they don't allow things to get opened too early, as I don't think I can get there until 5pm. Hoping to get my son a tv if we don't buy one on line before then, but we won't cry or die if we don't get it - he'll just have to keep looking.

I really NEED the Rubbermaid storage bowls.... yeah that is a must lol
I wouldn't mind getting a new bedset.
Otherwise I really haven't made a list, maybe see what games and movies might be on sale.

The bad thing is employees will leave kitchen and small appliance pallets unguarded and smart shoppers wil load their carts at 3pm.

The good thing is a pallet will be half empty at 8pm and ready for casual shoppers.

A few years ago a discounted Blu Ray and assorted clothing items were put on end caps at the BF price and lasted the entire weekend.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Hrd Copy WM Ad in Hand

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 am

The local grocery and related ad package we get every Tue/Wed was a little thicker than usual. Opened it up and out rolled the Dollar General Store and Walmart's ad.

I will check this thread periodically in case someone need the fine print or clarification not visible in the ad scan.

Happy shopping.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”