Walmart

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Walmart

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:33 pm

cinemike16 wrote:Since my current POS Blu-ray player recently died I was hoping for the LG $35 special that they've had the past two years, but guess I'm stuck picking up the Sony 2500 Streaming player for $45 instead. As well as a couple $8.88 Logitech mice, $29 COD Black Ops III for PS3 (maybe-I may decide to just buy it for the PS4), TWD Season 5 and Big Bang Theory Season 7 for $9.96

Other than that I'm just going in for the $8, $15, and $25 video games and the sub-$5 assorted DVDs and Blu-rays.



All in all, it looks like I'll be waiting until FRIDAY this year to shop in-store.


If you don't mind refurbs (and you see this in the next 5.5 hours) check out electronics.woot. They have somerrefurbed home theater stuff including a 35$ blu ray player. I guess $40 after shipping.

User avatar
hiker
Official Zipper
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby hiker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Sorry.. didn't realize the ad had been updated with a cleaner looking ad. Here's the updated version for you:

Adscan (PDF): http://crash-tech.com/BF2015/Adscans/Wa ... d_2015.pdf (5.18 MB)
Images (Zipped): http://crash-tech.com/BF2015/Zipped/Wal ... d_2015.zip (4.96 MB)
Last edited by hiker on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
angelmse
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm
Location: Tempe,Arizona

Re: Walmart

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:02 am

So today on FBN Cavuto had Walmart CEO on. He said "they are doing away with doorbusters for this year. They want peeps in the stores and are going to have super in store specials, similar to the old Kmart blue lite specials. They have plenty of merchandise and are marking things down as low as 96% off. They will not be beat in price on anything, will price match BF."

Just thot I would share info......

User avatar
sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Walmart

Postby sportymonkey » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:37 am

Uhm is this correct? Blacks ops 3 just came out but the PS3 version is only 8 bucks at Walmart!???
http://www.bfads.net/Item/Walmart-Black-Friday-Call-of-Duty-Black-OPS-PS3/278312

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby shiftyjedi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 am

sportymonkey wrote:Uhm is this correct? Blacks ops 3 just came out but the PS3 version is only 8 bucks at Walmart!???
http://www.bfads.net/Item/Walmart-Black-Friday-Call-of-Duty-Black-OPS-PS3/278312


It's probably Black Ops 2
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Walmart

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 am

hmmmm so secret specials that you will only know about if you're in store??

User avatar
tinytim35
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2420
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Walmart

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:50 am

with price matching will they match the amount of gift card from another store? Target has the xbox one with $60 giftcard....walmart is only $30.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:10 am

tinytim35 wrote:with price matching will they match the amount of gift card from another store? Target has the xbox one with $60 giftcard....walmart is only $30.


Are referring to the XB1 bundle? I'd confirm it with the electronics department manager and ask if they will be there when the sale begins. Had them PM an ipod deal many years ago with a GC for the same amount (Best Buy paper ad in hand) at 10:01pm to capture the savings.

Don't rely on anyone to honor your request at zero hour. The WM peeps are flustered most of the time and BF will spin their minds into overdrive unless to plan ahead, watch how prices ring up and be firm on your intent.

User avatar
tinytim35
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2420
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Walmart

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 am

Vols44 wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:with price matching will they match the amount of gift card from another store? Target has the xbox one with $60 giftcard....walmart is only $30.


Are referring to the XB1 bundle? I'd confirm it with the electronics department manager and ask if they will be there when the sale begins. Had them PM an ipod deal many years ago with a GC for the same amount (Best Buy paper ad in hand) at 10:01pm to capture the savings.

Don't rely on anyone to honor your request at zero hour. The WM peeps are flustered most of the time and BF will spin their minds into overdrive unless to plan ahead, watch how prices ring up and be firm on your intent.


trying to think if I want to try to camp out at Target to see if I can get one but have my mom at Walmart just in case.....she doesnt get around well so not sure if I want to chance it.....may just take the Target ad to Walmart & hope for the best...

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Walmart

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:51 am

I don't believe they will match gift card w/purchase. I think they will only match the actual price.
You could maybe take the chance but I wouldn't go in assuming

User avatar
ikey2
BFads Tin Man
Posts: 8796
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: TN

Re: Walmart

Postby ikey2 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:55 am

The SE Roku is a copy of the Roku 1 if anyone wanted to know.

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-se


Looking for a cheap streaming gadget to hook up a spare TV to Netflix, Hulu and the like? Roku is making a play for bargain hunters with the new, super-simple Roku SE — which will sell for just $25 (half off its regular price) on Black Friday.

Don't expect many frills: The SE is much the same as the Roku 1 (also $50), the company's current lowest-tier device. It offers 1080p playback over Wi-Fi, but no Ethernet plug or 4K support. The remote, too, is identical to the Roku 1's — no voice controls or headphone jack for private viewing or listening.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

User avatar
angelmse
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm
Location: Tempe,Arizona

Re: Walmart

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:53 pm

tinytim35 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:with price matching will they match the amount of gift card from another store? Target has the xbox one with $60 giftcard....walmart is only $30.


Are referring to the XB1 bundle? I'd confirm it with the electronics department manager and ask if they will be there when the sale begins. Had them PM an ipod deal many years ago with a GC for the same amount (Best Buy paper ad in hand) at 10:01pm to capture the savings.

Don't rely on anyone to honor your request at zero hour. The WM peeps are flustered most of the time and BF will spin their minds into overdrive unless to plan ahead, watch how prices ring up and be firm on your intent.


trying to think if I want to try to camp out at Target to see if I can get one but have my mom at Walmart just in case.....she doesnt get around well so not sure if I want to chance it.....may just take the Target ad to Walmart & hope for the best...


No they will not PM gift cards or %'s off. You have to have the actual ad/pull up on device, in order for them to price match. This is what I have been told in past years.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:35 pm

angelmse wrote:

No they will not PM gift cards or %'s off. You have to have the actual ad/pull up on device, in order for them to price match. This is what I have been told in past years.


Tinytim35, it's 2015 and it won't hurt to ask the electronics department manager ahead of the sale. I got one to PM an iPod touch five years ago via GC. The curve ball will be securing the item through a wristband and/or corral in the remote location on your specific store's map and paying at the electronics register (hopefully with the same manager in the immediate area if there is a problem).

I had to remind the manager and force fed the associate verbatim to secure the PM with a TRU hardcopied ad.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: Walmart

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:47 pm

The past few years folks ringed the wrapped pallets of games and movies under the watchful eyes of WM employees til the bell rung. The posse was as much as twelve deep at the last minute with squatters on the scene three hours prior.

Past locations were in a typical grocery aisle. This year's map is in the drink section. with the hard liquor really close by. Get a bunch of pushy people around expensive glass items and you-know-what can happen. Let's hope it's in the pop aisle with end caps removed for everyone's safety.

I convinced myself the 7" RCA tablet for 28.88 isn't a bad investment. It gives my wife a phone alternative, a platform for pimping her Mark Kay products and introduces the family to a handy device for usage instead of a laptop. If she or we were dead set on the Air 2 (which we're not) it would be a different thing.

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10694
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Walmart

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:05 pm

I still can't wrap my head around Walmarts wrapping their pallets in plastic. I can honestly see how people get hurt trying to get to them. I'm just thankful our Walmart does it differently.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k


Return to “Official Deal Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest