Walmart

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart

Postby shiftyjedi » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:14 am

angelmse wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:This ad is just 'meh'. I was hoping to find a good deal on the PS4 other than the same one everyone else is running, but now I know it's not happening. At least I can buy it online instead of fighting some old lady in the store for one. Other than that, I may attempt to get one of those 32" smart TVs for $125 since it's a decent deal, but mainly just going in for little things like cheapy DVDs and BRs and PJs and whatnot. Oh, and my pillows - get those every year. Quite disappointed overall though.

Well Carmen we tried, UGH.... I still am going to hold out that the week of BF someone will have a better deal on PS4 or I will get mine at Target + 5% redcard. The video game prices are the best, so I will be there for those. I have to get 2 Madden 16 and 2 BO3's my son and nephew..... Also anyone think the $10 for 3 mos of live or PS Plus is a good deal? Haven't priced those anywhere else yet.

Year subscriptions retail for $50 and you might find a good Cyber Monday deal, but $10 for three months is a great deal to start with. It's actually worth getting in line for again during less peak hours to purchase multiples.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:29 am

Since my current POS Blu-ray player recently died I was hoping for the LG $35 special that they've had the past two years, but guess I'm stuck picking up the Sony 2500 Streaming player for $45 instead. As well as a couple $8.88 Logitech mice, $29 COD Black Ops III for PS3 (maybe-I may decide to just buy it for the PS4), TWD Season 5 and Big Bang Theory Season 7 for $9.96

Other than that I'm just going in for the $8, $15, and $25 video games and the sub-$5 assorted DVDs and Blu-rays.

All in all, it looks like I'll be waiting until FRIDAY this year to shop in-store.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:32 am

angelmse wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:This ad is just 'meh'. I was hoping to find a good deal on the PS4 other than the same one everyone else is running, but now I know it's not happening. At least I can buy it online instead of fighting some old lady in the store for one. Other than that, I may attempt to get one of those 32" smart TVs for $125 since it's a decent deal, but mainly just going in for little things like cheapy DVDs and BRs and PJs and whatnot. Oh, and my pillows - get those every year. Quite disappointed overall though.

Well Carmen we tried, UGH.... I still am going to hold out that the week of BF someone will have a better deal on PS4 or I will get mine at Target + 5% redcard. The video game prices are the best, so I will be there for those. I have to get 2 Madden 16 and 2 BO3's my son and nephew..... Also anyone think the $10 for 3 mos of live or PS Plus is a good deal? Haven't priced those anywhere else yet.

I'm still debating yet. I have to talk to my local Target about stacking offers and if I can stack, I'll probably buy the PS4 there. I just signed up for the actual CC redcard and our store was running a promo where you get a coupon for 15% off a future purchase, which is good until 12/5. However, I can't see anything in the fine print about using it on BF and don't know if I can stack it with the normal 5% to equal 20% off the entire purchase. If I can't use it and I can't stack offers, then I'll probably end up at Kohl's to get the $90 back in Kohl's cash plus my special offers for being a Kohl's cardholder for so many years (got a certificate in my bill this month for 10% off $100, 15% off $200 or 20% off $300+). And I know Kohl's will have a ton of PS4s left by the time I get there from WM since no one buys game systems there on BF. For example, last year, they had some special on either the X1 or WiiU or something. They only received 5. When I stopped there on Friday, they still had 4 of the 5. So I should be safe. ;)

As far as this WM ad goes, though I am pretty disappointed with it aside from the PS4 thing, I'll still be starting there. Will be getting quite a bit of clothing-type things, the cheapy movies, cheapy video games for various systems, towels, pillows, a few of those microSD cards since I just got the boys new phones, the BR player and the wireless printer for $19 since mine just fried tonight thanks to the lovely power outage we had. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Pre-BF sale too!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 am

The ad has been updated (same links) with a better quality ad.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 pm

looks like they finally got rid of the tiered sales times?? thank god.

Makes me wonder if they will be producing a Friday-Saturday ad though with some deals on Friday morning.

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm actually glad I don't have to sit outside all night for this stuff.

I'll be going for some housewares (4 of my cousins got married and 8 have just had babies....) and the usual cheap dvds but nothing really stood out to me. Maybe I really don't need anything for once.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:56 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
angelmse wrote:

I'm still debating yet. I have to talk to my local Target about stacking offers and if I can stack, I'll probably buy the PS4 there. I just signed up for the actual CC redcard and our store was running a promo where you get a coupon for 15% off a future purchase, which is good until 12/5. However, I can't see anything in the fine print about using it on BF and don't know if I can stack it with the normal 5% to equal 20% off the entire purchase. If I can't use it and I can't stack offers, then I'll probably end up at Kohl's to get the $90 back in Kohl's cash plus my special offers for being a Kohl's cardholder for so many years (got a certificate in my bill this month for 10% off $100, 15% off $200 or 20% off $300+). And I know Kohl's will have a ton of PS4s left by the time I get there from WM since no one buys game systems there on BF. For example, last year, they had some special on either the X1 or WiiU or something. They only received 5. When I stopped there on Friday, they still had 4 of the 5. So I should be safe. ;)

As far as this WM ad goes, though I am pretty disappointed with it aside from the PS4 thing, I'll still be starting there. Will be getting quite a bit of clothing-type things, the cheapy movies, cheapy video games for various systems, towels, pillows, a few of those microSD cards since I just got the boys new phones, the BR player and the wireless printer for $19 since mine just fried tonight thanks to the lovely power outage we had. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Pre-BF sale too!

FYI HON, the video game prices are the best I have seen so far. And WM price matches. Thx for info on Kohls, I didn't even think abt no one buying the system there. I may have to get mine there also, just really don't like the store.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:00 pm

shiftyjedi wrote:
angelmse wrote:

Year subscriptions retail for $50 and you might find a good Cyber Monday deal, but $10 for three months is a great deal to start with. It's actually worth getting in line for again during less peak hours to purchase multiples.

Thx so much, I will be adding the $10/3 mos. cards to my list. damn, need 2 of everything video game related. My nephew and my son, play together via the console and my sis inlaw won't know to get him the games or the "live" cards he will need. Luckily she buying him the new console, whew. LOL But, he my lil buddy so I don't mind spoiling him a bit.. :D

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:12 pm

everyone who's talking about price matching, remember that most stores WON'T price match for that whole weekend.
I'm addicted!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:14 pm

pdavis wrote:everyone who's talking about price matching, remember that most stores WON'T price match for that whole weekend.

Walmart has already announced that they would.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm bummed that I don't see cheap batteries this year. I was going to be nice and buy them for the company I work for.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 pm

bfaddict wrote:I'm bummed that I don't see cheap batteries this year. I was going to be nice and buy them for the company I work for.

Typically Home Depot has these. Lowe's may have them as well. I did see them in I believe True Value, or Ace? One of the hardware stores.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:24 pm

I'll have to go back and look at those.
I did see that TRU is doing buy one get one free on packs of batteries so I might check that out if I go there.

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:13 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
angelmse wrote:

Kohl's is a good idea, but the only problem I have with is Kohl's is that if you go to Kohl's you only go to Kohl's the other great deals that only last make three hours are out of reach because once you get in line you wait forever!
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:59 pm

I agree with others observations that the game prices are the best we've seen so far. I noted in another thread the PS4 is outselling the XB1 so outside of Target's $60 GC I don't see anybody going and farther to move consoles.

A deal for T-mobile users is the Galaxy Grand Prime 199 marked down to 49. It's band 12 ready which let's users get twice the range older phones have that are using the towers T-mobile shares with AT&T. Band 12 allows users to pair it with VoLTE which is a major improvement for the provider. Knowing my S3 won't last forever makes a Grand Prime a buy and stash item.

Not an Apple sheep, but $100 off the iPad Air 2 will get plenty of attention.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”