Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:05 pm

That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Re: Walmart

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:09 pm

see a few things i might want to pick up. The one that stuck out to me is the flash drive it is only 12 gb where last year it was 16 gb. The funny think about that is i picked up about 20 of the 16 GB about 4-5 days after BF and they still showed the price. Took them to work to replace the ones we use for working on computers on the production floor.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:17 pm

A few things mostly toys, wax warmer, and infinity characters. Nothing big is screaming buy me.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:19 pm

I'll be glad when Walmart releases the "official" version, it's hard to read some of the things.

OTOH, it's great to actually have an ad LEAK on here. We don't see many actual ad leaks anymore.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

sweetdreams828
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sweetdreams828 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 pm

A real leaked ad! Also the best deal on the WiiU that i've seen!

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:51 pm

sweetdreams828 wrote:A real leaked ad! Also the best deal on the WiiU that i've seen!

Target has the same deal on the WiiU as Walmart.

I loved how other sites used the word leaked when it came to the Target ad. That add was released essentially by everybody early, this one was actually leaked.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:00 pm

This ad is just 'meh'. I was hoping to find a good deal on the PS4 other than the same one everyone else is running, but now I know it's not happening. At least I can buy it online instead of fighting some old lady in the store for one. Other than that, I may attempt to get one of those 32" smart TVs for $125 since it's a decent deal, but mainly just going in for little things like cheapy DVDs and BRs and PJs and whatnot. Oh, and my pillows - get those every year. Quite disappointed overall though.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Okay I feel old. The comments on facebook are killing me, "What is this glare?" "Was this taken through a potato?" "What is wrong with the ad?" People don't know the struggle of a legit leaked ad. I feel ancient. Damn whipper snappers.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 pm

I think I'm going to go for that 32" Roku TV as well. But also agree that the ad wasn't anything special. The only thing I'm holding out for is the fact that there tends to be a couple good deals in-store that they don't advertise. You have to go to Walmart anyways for the stocking stuffers and PJs. Might as well stock up.

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm

carmenslackey wrote:This ad is just 'meh'. I was hoping to find a good deal on the PS4 other than the same one everyone else is running, but now I know it's not happening. At least I can buy it online instead of fighting some old lady in the store for one. Other than that, I may attempt to get one of those 32" smart TVs for $125 since it's a decent deal, but mainly just going in for little things like cheapy DVDs and BRs and PJs and whatnot. Oh, and my pillows - get those every year. Quite disappointed overall though.

If you're going to Wal-Mart to pick up that other stuff, you might as well just pick up a PS4 while there. You think you'll have to fight a Grandma for one, but my guess is that you can stroll in a 10PM and there will be a dozen on the shelves. Every place has that deal which means it's a B- deal at best, if not a C deal that will last all holiday season.

I know your disappointed about a PS4 bundle deal non-existent compared XBox One, as I'm with you on this one. However, there are still some great PS4 deals on games and accessories to be jacked up about. Wal-Mart has a lot of games at great prices. Last year to summer marquee titles for $25, and this year's marquee titles for $30. Sports games for $27 and COD: Black OPS 3 for $30, not to mention $10 (3 mo.) PS+ memberships. Might make is worth your trip.
Last edited by shiftyjedi on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

~~Darci~~
Black Friday Pro

Postby ~~Darci~~ » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:28 pm

I was disappointed. Nothing jumped out and screamed great deal to me. :(

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:54 pm

Found a couple small items, but otherwise "meh". Was really hoping Walmart would wow me.

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 am

I'd be excited to be in there in the midst of the action to get some movies, but I just think back to all of my past experiences there - getting there at 3am for the 5am sale only to find everything picked through and 2000 people lined up in the front of the store for the registers to open up, the mob scene from various lines around the store converging on wherever the pallets of things are and not being able to actually LOOK at anything, "the entire city showed up for the sale" from the cashier the next day - and, immediately, any feelings of "I must go to Walmart" are squashed.

That being said, it's nice to go through LATER and to see what odd trinkets you'll find left on the video displayers.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:01 am

carmenslackey wrote:This ad is just 'meh'. I was hoping to find a good deal on the PS4 other than the same one everyone else is running, but now I know it's not happening. At least I can buy it online instead of fighting some old lady in the store for one. Other than that, I may attempt to get one of those 32" smart TVs for $125 since it's a decent deal, but mainly just going in for little things like cheapy DVDs and BRs and PJs and whatnot. Oh, and my pillows - get those every year. Quite disappointed overall though.

Well Carmen we tried, UGH.... I still am going to hold out that the week of BF someone will have a better deal on PS4 or I will get mine at Target + 5% redcard. The video game prices are the best, so I will be there for those. I have to get 2 Madden 16 and 2 BO3's my son and nephew..... Also anyone think the $10 for 3 mos of live or PS Plus is a good deal? Haven't priced those anywhere else yet.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 am

Last edited by hiker on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”