Forum geek

GameStop (Updated)

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Item List: http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameS ... style=list
Item Grid: http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameS ... style=grid
Ad Scan: http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop/Ad#

12 pages
Store opens 5am Friday

The offers in the Gamestop Black Friday ad are valid from Black Friday through Sunday, November 29th. Most stores will be open at 5AM on Black Friday, but as always we recommend that you check with your local store for their specific opening times. You can always shop online as well!

The Gamestop Black Friday Ad for 2015 is much more promising than it was last year. There were no astonishing discounts on new games, but there are definitely titles worth checking out that are much less expensive than we've seen elsewhere.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

taragriffis
Black Friday Pro

Re: GameStop

Postby taragriffis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm looking for any knowledge on the systems on back page! We want a PS3 for our 9 yr old to be able to play against his older brothers! When the ad says pre-owned, does anyone know if that is refurbished? I'm ok with refurbished especially for that low price! And since it doesn't say in-store only, I should be able to buy online, right? We don't normally shop at Game Stop on Black Friday, so if anyone could help out, it'd be greatly appreciated!

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:18 pm

From what I understand, they may refurbish it a little in store. Don't expect a complete refurbish or a factory refurbish though.

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:18 pm

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:29 pm

There we have it, the PS4 bundle of the year... 500GB with the Uncharted Collection for $299.99! I'm willing to bet that's what we'll see from Walmart, Target,and Best Buy as well. Now to figure out if either of my brother's boys are interested in those games - I've never played any of the Uncharted games...would they be recommended for a 8 y/o? Maybe I could buy that bundle and trade off the games for something "E-rated"?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:08 pm

guitarist19862005 wrote:From what I understand, they may refurbish it a little in store. Don't expect a complete refurbish or a factory refurbish though.

Yea they may check to see that it works but usually the price is based off the condition and how well it works but they don't do any work to it to make it nearly brand new. It's exactly how it sounds, an item that was previously owned an sold back to them.

And unless they only sell units that are the same condition inside and out, I wouldn't expect to be able to buy them online.

~~Darci~~
Black Friday Pro

Postby ~~Darci~~ » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:18 pm

cinemike16 wrote:There we have it, the PS4 bundle of the year... 500GB with the Uncharted Collection for $299.99! I'm willing to bet that's what we'll see from Walmart, Target,and Best Buy as well. Now to figure out if either of my brother's boys are interested in those games - I've never played any of the Uncharted games...would they be recommended for a 8 y/o? Maybe I could buy that bundle and trade off the games for something "E-rated"?

Uncharted, IMHO, would not be age appropriate for 8 year olds. Also the game is usually a download code.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:09 pm

I wasn't aware of it until now, but the ESRB has a database of their video game ratings, along with a short explanation of why the game is rated the way it is.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.as ... Collection
UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
Platform: PlayStation 4
Rating Category: T - TEEN
Content Descriptors: Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Tobacco, Violence
Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (PlayStation 4)
Rating Summary: This is a compilation of three action-adventure games in which players assume the role of Nathan Drake on various adventures to find lost treasure. As players explore international locations and ancient ruins, they use pistols, machine guns, rocket launchers, and grenades to kill various enemies (e.g., mercenaries, soldiers, pirates). Players can also employ melee attacks and stealth takedowns (e.g., choking and neck snapping) to incapacitate enemies. Firefights are highlighted by realistic gunfire, large explosions, and blood-splatter effects. During the course of the game, characters engage in suggestive innuendo (e.g., “So much for foreplay,” “Man interests in climax must be a real hit with the ladies,” and “Oh, is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?”). In one scene, a female character straddles Drake on his bed (both fully clothed) then kisses him before the camera pans away. A handful of sequences also depict characters smoking cigars and/or cigarettes. The word “s[***]” and “d[***]” are heard in the dialogue.

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:51 pm

taragriffis wrote:I'm looking for any knowledge on the systems on back page! We want a PS3 for our 9 yr old to be able to play against his older brothers! When the ad says pre-owned, does anyone know if that is refurbished? I'm ok with refurbished especially for that low price! And since it doesn't say in-store only, I should be able to buy online, right? We don't normally shop at Game Stop on Black Friday, so if anyone could help out, it'd be greatly appreciated!

I would actually advise staying away from the old model's of PS3. Those models are starting to breakdown and overheat. So unless you have the skills to take apart at PS3, bake the motherboard, reapply thermal paste and assemble you might have a paperweight in a few months.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Gamestop has a new page with a few new items! The biggest change is the fact that they completely omitted the Buy 2 Get 1 Free console deal that they were offering. A lot of our fans were upset about this. It looks like Gamestop tried to make up for this change by offering select pre-owned consoles for $99.99.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Shopper X wrote:I wasn't aware of it until now, but the ESRB has a database of their video game ratings, along with a short explanation of why the game is rated the way it is.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.as ... Collection
UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
Platform: PlayStation 4
Rating Category: T - TEEN
Content Descriptors: Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Tobacco, Violence
Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (PlayStation 4)
Rating Summary: This is a compilation of three action-adventure games in which players assume the role of Nathan Drake on various adventures to find lost treasure. As players explore international locations and ancient ruins, they use pistols, machine guns, rocket launchers, and grenades to kill various enemies (e.g., mercenaries, soldiers, pirates). Players can also employ melee attacks and stealth takedowns (e.g., choking and neck snapping) to incapacitate enemies. Firefights are highlighted by realistic gunfire, large explosions, and blood-splatter effects. During the course of the game, characters engage in suggestive innuendo (e.g., “So much for foreplay,” “Man interests in climax must be a real hit with the ladies,” and “Oh, is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?”). In one scene, a female character straddles Drake on his bed (both fully clothed) then kisses him before the camera pans away. A handful of sequences also depict characters smoking cigars and/or cigarettes. The word “s[***]” and “d[***]” are heard in the dialogue.

WOW thx so much X, ugh why would they put that same bundle on sale everywhere. Not good. As parents who don't want kids playing that type of game, we should have had another option. Now I have to rethink this whole bundle deal. Crap, I was all set with my BF list/spread sheet/ back to drawing board for me. :oops:

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”