Black Friday Amateur

Outlets?

Postby josephfive » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 am

Does anyone shop these on BF?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Outlets?

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Yep! You will have to look up your local outlet mall to see what kind of deals they will be having. Most centers have already posted their individual store sales on their websites. I have seen some outlets that aren't opening until 10 and some that are opening at 6 pm like the regular stores.

If you like the outlet mall stores you can find some really good deals during black friday. Most are open all night long.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 pm

I do every year!

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:49 pm

near me they are the busiest place around. they open at midnight there are 0 parking spaces all day. I just saw a picture and traffic is literally still backed up for miles trying to get in....and its 2:45pm! It's nuts!

josephfive
Black Friday Amateur

Postby josephfive » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks. There aren't any super close to me so I rarely go at any time of the year. I was just curious if it was a good deal. Evidently it is, from Headbanger's post.

Next year, if I can do most of my shopping online then maybe I'll venture to the outlets and treasure hunt :)

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:42 pm

josephfive wrote:I was just curious if it was a good deal.

It depends on whether you normally buy regular-priced items from the stores/brands at your outlet mall. If so, then the prices at the outlet malls are a good deal. For example, if you normally pay high prices for Under Armour clothing, then going to the outlet store and getting discounted Under Armour clothing is a good deal. However, if you don't normally buy Under Armour and you think that even their discounted, outlet mall prices are ridiculous, then you'll find that the outlet malls aren't that great. I'm in that camp. Lots of stores and brands I never buy from, with prices that seem high.

I get the impression that most people feel differently. They buy those name-brand items and find the outlet malls on Black Friday to be an exceptionally good deal.

tashicon
Black Friday Pro

Postby tashicon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:57 am

I went to the outlet near me for the first time on black friday, since my boss gave me a $100 gift card last week. They opened at 6 pm. It was DEAD! The deals were actually pretty good. Most stores were 25-75% off everything. I will definitely go next year.

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:50 pm

the Coach outlet near me was very busy right before Christmas. Coach as everyone knows is expensive but they had purses, wallets etc for 50% already marked clearance prices, wallets were $25 each marked down from $88-$110. I avoid stores like Gap at outlets because they make clothing specifically for their outlet stores....which defeats the purpose of getting a good deal!

Return to “Retail Stores”