Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 am

That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: GameStop

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:59 am

While stores open Friday, I believe that's stand-alone stores only. Usually stores that are inside of malls open with regular mall hours. (Otherwise must pay a fine)

Could be wrong on this and someone correct me if I am.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:45 pm

I was told by a store manager that the stand alone stores will open at midnight.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:47 pm

angelmse wrote:I was told by a store manager that the stand alone stores will open at midnight.

It says 4,000 stores will open at midnight. All others will open at 5am.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:49 pm

teknoge3k wrote:While stores open Friday, I believe that's stand-alone stores only. Usually stores that are inside of malls open with regular mall hours. (Otherwise must pay a fine)

Read where some malls are fining closed stores by the hour. Our local is a Simon (out of Chicago) mall and they let stores set their T day hours because the mall office will be closed from midnight to 5am on Friday.

In Springfield, Missouri there at least two stand alone stores and one in the mall. FTR, the company has always refrained from opening on Black Thursday.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:52 pm

angelmse wrote:I was told by a store manager that the stand alone stores will open at midnight.

I never go to the game release Tuesday events at midnight at places like Best Buy. Is this part of Gamestop's past practice?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:02 pm

The free Crickett (Sprint) smart phone can be converted over if you want an HTC Desire 510 to use, flip or gift. All will be well after you get back the dreaded $75 MIR.

A preowned Samsung Galaxy S5 isn't a bad price. An iPhone 4 id 99.99.

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:05 pm

teknoge3k wrote:

It says 4,000 stores will open at midnight. All others will open at 5am.

IIRC some states have laws that prohibit opening on Thanksgiving which is why some will be opening at midnight.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:44 pm

I've noticed that some stores ignore shopping mall Black Friday opening time rules. I believe that some simply pay any fines, writing them off as just a cost of doing business. A nation-wide chain like GameStop with a store in every shopping mall might be able to negotiate with the mall company for waived or reduced fines. Or, perhaps corporate headquarters just pays for the fines.

I wonder if individual store managers even have the authority to open earlier than the official opening hour set by corporate headquarters? Maybe they don't.

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:09 pm

Well... There's an ad. Nothing really spectacular - that Retro 3DS is in their ad now for the same price - but I would really like to get my hands on a copy of the Zelda Monopoly title. The link to order it now does take you to the right page, but it's not in stock at this moment. (They're probably waiting for Black Friday to put them up.)

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 pm

I think mine opens at Midnight. I do remember one year when EB Games was still around and they opened up at regular time pissing off may costumers. However, Gamestop opened early and price matched their ad. :D

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Vols44 wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:While stores open Friday, I believe that's stand-alone stores only. Usually stores that are inside of malls open with regular mall hours. (Otherwise must pay a fine)

Read where some malls are fining closed stores by the hour. Our local is a Simon (out of Chicago) mall and they let stores set their T day hours because the mall office will be closed from midnight to 5am on Friday.

In Springfield, Missouri there at least two stand alone stores and one in the mall. FTR, the company has always refrained from opening on Black Thursday.

I worked in the mall office of a Simon mall, and the department stores could open whenever they wanted. Since the mall make the big bucks from them, they got tons of leeway. And they had their own entrances and own security. The other stores were on a case by case basis, but usually they were not allowed to open outside of the malls hours. I am pretty sure the gamestop wasn't allowed to open early, but it was a few years ago so I might be wrong!

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 am

It also depends on the design of the mall. If the stores have their own entrance to the outside/sidewalk then I think they can be open later.. this is why restaurants are all with their own entrance, so they can be open until 11pm when the stores close at 8pm.

cmm2413
Black Friday Newbie

Postby cmm2413 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:27 pm

I assume, as with most stores, their Black Friday specials will be available for online ordering? I'd like to get Madden 15 and NBA 2K15 for my son (PS3) and I think I missed these deals on Amazon. At least that's what I understood by looking at their deals calendar. Amazon seems confusing to me this year. The last 2 years I've gotten PS3 games for him quite cheap and it's been at certain times on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. Now I can't figure out anything on there. Anyway, seems like Gamestop is the next best option for deals on these games, but I don't normally go there and would be just fine ordering online.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”