WALMART

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Re: WALMART

Postby BeachGirlShops » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 am

I just saw Walmart's pre-black friday sale that starts tomorrow at 8am. Not bad! I'm tempted to go ahead and for the 40" tv for $115. They have the Skylanders Trap team for $37.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:49 am

BeachGirlShops wrote:I just saw Walmart's pre-black friday sale that starts tomorrow at 8am. Not bad! I'm tempted to go ahead and for the 40" tv for $115. They have the Skylanders Trap team for $37.

The TV might be the fresh piece of cheese to lure shoppers. Most of the other markdowns are in line with your run-of-the-mill sale of thirty dollars off here and there. Naturally I'm not speaking for one hundred percent of the ad since other will find deals too good to ignore which is what WM wanted all along.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 pm

BeachGirlShops wrote:I just saw Walmart's pre-black friday sale that starts tomorrow at 8am. Not bad! I'm tempted to go ahead and for the 40" tv for $115. They have the Skylanders Trap team for $37.

I like that too. Mom is looking for a tv, but decided to wait until her move in January to buy one. I may surprise her with that if I can get it.
I'm addicted!

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm with you on the skylanders. I was hoping Target would put out their toy/coupon book with the $5 off, like they did last year, with price matching I got skylanders for $30.

gypseesky
Black Friday Amateur

Postby gypseesky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Will the pre-black friday sales at walmart be available for purchase at walmart on line??? I really want that 40 inch for $115 and wont be able to get there in the morning

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:49 pm

gypseesky wrote:Will the pre-black friday sales at walmart be available for purchase at walmart on line??? I really want that 40 inch for $115 and wont be able to get there in the morning

Unless it says "in store only" there's a chance... HOWEVER... a rule of thumb is - if it's not in your hands, it's not yours. Walmart is notorious for selling too many and canceling orders on big ticket items.

Chipper112
Black Friday Pro

Postby Chipper112 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Last year their Pre BF sale started the night before on some of the items. Someone on this site posted the heads up last year so I got to snag a the LeapPad the night before.

So if you're close to a Walmart tonight, it might be work it to check it out. There's also a chance they might not do it though, if I remember correctly there were a lot of people complaining that none of the items were available for the Friday sale.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

I also thought I saw their ad on facebook that said in-store only.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:21 pm

oh my bad, i just saw it again and it says "in-stores tomorrow"

roaddog81
Black Friday Amateur

Postby roaddog81 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

The pre-black Friday ad for the 40" inch television for $115.00 at Wal-Mart can anyone find a real answer if it's in store only? Sometimes the tab say's one thing and they do another.

calimstng66
Black Friday Newbie

Postby calimstng66 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:58 pm

In the ad it mentions the PLAYSTATION 4 and 2 additional games for 449.00. It shows the new bundle in the picture as well. From how I see it.. you get the new bundle (ps4, gta 5 and last of us) PLUS two more games for the extra 50 dollars. The ad isnt the most clear on that just curious if anyone else takes it like that. It is on page 2 of the ad. Online only.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:15 pm

roaddog81 wrote:The pre-black Friday ad for the 40" inch television for $115.00 at Wal-Mart can anyone find a real answer if it's in store only? Sometimes the tab say's one thing and they do another.

Page 6 of the ad says "Prices and/or items available only in the USA (may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, or online at Walmart.com)." So, the answer to your question seems to be unclear.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 pm

calimstng66 wrote:In the ad it mentions the PLAYSTATION 4 and 2 additional games for 449.00. It shows the new bundle in the picture as well. From how I see it.. you get the new bundle (ps4, gta 5 and last of us) PLUS two more games for the extra 50 dollars. The ad isnt the most clear on that just curious if anyone else takes it like that. It is on page 2 of the ad. Online only.

My interpretation of the ad is the same as yours. By default, the Playstation 4 comes with The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto 5 games (and is available for $399). The Special Buy bundle for $449 includes the same Playstation 4 with those two games, plus a bonus of another choice of two games. (Of course, you'll only be able to choose those 2 bonus games from the list of games that they provide to you. Hopefully, there will be two games on that list that you actually want.)

The ad: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Walmart/Ad?page=2

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Vols44 wrote:
cinemike16 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:I don't need anything fancy. Just something good enough to print shipping labels at home lol. I have a Mac book pro I bring home from work on the weekends.

I'm the same way that I don't need anything fancy, but I would never stand in line for one of those $99-159 door busters, I'd rather have something that will last a few years. That's why I'm hoping to snag the $349 HP (i7 with 1TB HDD & 8GB RAM) at Office Max. Probably won't happen since their sale starts at 6pm and I won't be able to get there til at least 10:00. My closest store is 50 miles away and is in a more populated area so my chances will be slim

I did not see this model among the four HP's in the OM/OD ad. Can anyone help me out here?

Hmm, that's strange I have a $349.99 HP pavilion with i7 processor/ 8GB Ram/ 1TB HDD written down in my notes for office max but the ad doesn't show anything for that price. I browsed the ad again and found the laptop I was going to try to get is the $299.99 HP with i5 processor/ 4GB RAM/ 750GB HDD, I'm glad I got this cleared up before I went to the store Thursday night looking for the wrong item. The closest to meet that description is the Toshiba for $599.99, definitely was not planning on spending that much on a laptop so I know I wasn't looking at that one

Regardless I would still never buy one of those cheap-o models Walmart sells every year as a "door buster".

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 am

11:30pm Jefferson City Missouri (CST)

Went into the 24 hour WM Supercenter. Nobody knew anything about the nov. 21 sale starting at 8 am. Showed them the ad. The only 40in HDTV they had anywhere that was $298 (which is what the ad said was the regular price) was an Element 1080p 60hz with the camouflage trim and they had 5 of them. Nothing else was close to what they had in the ad.They scanned the box and it still came up as $298 but the manager of the department said since it was so close to midnight she would do a price adjustment to $115.

We do have very nice folks at our walmarts in these parts.

Actually going to go to the OTHER WM here in town tomorrow to see if its any different over there

The young guy that brought the TV to the checkout AND the checkout clerk both said that they would try to buy one of those for that price if they could.
Last edited by midmofan on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”