Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

WALMART

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 am

Item List: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Walmart
Ad Scan: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Walmart/Ad
PDF http://www.crashsandbox.com/BF2014/Adsc ... rt2014.pdf
Walmart's sale starts at 6PM Thanksgiving Day, and includes a 1-hour guarantee on all the doorbusters featured on the front and back cover. A second event starts 2 hours later at 8PM, and a third event starts at 6AM on Friday.

*Tek, you can fix it at your convience :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Re: WALMART

Postby kenziekinz09 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:56 am

Honestly....I think I'll stick to target and avoid the mayhem.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:29 am

Some decent movie and video game deals this year. 8) Too bad they're mostly DVDs, I was hoping for better Blu-ray deals :shock:

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:59 am

Really not much of a difference compared to other ads. The guaranteed doorbusters are not very appealing (unless one is into Dre) and other stores have an edge on games and movies. All other products seem to be a little discount but honestly, nothing to make me go through the craziness that is the walmart in my area.

I also wonder how they will treat the staggered time on Thanksgiving when it comes to items in my area? Walmart, imo, has had better ads in the past to compensate.

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:34 am

weak offering from Wal-Mart from my view. It's a great year for anyone wanting an Xbox One not so much for someone hoping for a really good WiiU deal. Best Buy's big TV is a better deal than Wal-Mart's particularity considering your not going to get a name like Panasonic with Wal-Mart's deal. However, Wal-Mart is at least making it a 1 hour guarantee which is great. I'm, guessing there is more ad, but right now I will be in line at Target.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 am

Ok I agree this is a "meh" ad. I noticed quite a few things cheaper last year that are higher this year for same products such as better home and gardens sheets, warming set, marker sets, and towels I believe were cheaper last year. I have things on a list but I am not sure if it will be worth the hassle.

C'mon TRU.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:06 am

I will be there for the simple fact that I can get in and out. I am usually out with my car loaded at least 10-15 minutes before the advertised sale time even begins. Our Walmart rocks and lets you shop early. That way I can hit other stores sooner. :D
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:17 am

So far I don't think it will be my first stop. Probably doing target 1st. Depending on what's available online, of course. Last year I scored Target early online.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 am

hmmm, I'm not sure what to think of this flyer. Was hoping for better TV deals. Does the cyber Monday flyer leak before black Friday? I've never paid too much attention to cyber Monday before.

guess now I wait and see what Amazon does.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:39 am

Had a feeling it was out. I swear the web has been slow this morning. No telling how little work will be done today since it's snowing everywhere. :lol:

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 am

oh I did just notice though that the $10 True Blood dvd looks like season one...I hope that's a misprint. Should be up to season 5 I think. I buy a season of true blood every year, so I hope it's not the first one.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:51 am

cinemike16 wrote:Some decent movie and video game deals this year. 8) Too bad they're mostly DVDs, I was hoping for better Blu-ray deals :shock:

This more of a suggestion/tip post. Arrive at least two hours early, look through the shrink wrap and identify which DVD's you want the most, develop a partnership with huddle (no lines for these pallets) mates and agree to help one another when the associates peel of the wrapping so the 9-12 deep crowd doesn't long arm your prime picks.

Last year's free for all was in an extra wide grocery aisle and it was semi-organized chaos.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:54 am

So much for getting much work done this morning! I'm ready to dig in and work on my wish list! :) :) :) I need a new tv for the bedroom so I'm happy so far!

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:03 am

teknoge3k wrote:I will be there for the simple fact that I can get in and out. I am usually out with my car loaded at least 10-15 minutes before the advertised sale time even begins. Our Walmart rocks and lets you shop early. That way I can hit other stores sooner. :D

This, +1. Left similar comments in the one best tip newbees should know. It's already on page three of the S&T forum and sticky worthy through the 30th.

All of my WM's are 24/7. Only 10 or so of the corral/ticket type doorbusters will not be guarded til the sale begins. My son and I take the coats we wore into the store and slowly fill our cart with lower end items like clothing small appliances et al that associates will give up watching after the pallets come out around 2 hours before the sale begins. Alpha shoppers don't ask so I'm waiting near the registers 30 minutes before the sale begins and wait to be waved forward to put my stuff on the belt 10 minutes prior, push the cart forward for my son to load while I pay and we're out of the lot 10 minutes after things begin.

It's a different story if you want one of the top 10 since lines will take a while, but you still shopped ahead of time for the small stuff and don't need to zigzag through the throngs and take hours to complete a minutes task.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:05 am

pandagirl wrote:So far I don't think it will be my first stop. Probably doing target 1st. Depending on what's available online, of course. Last year I scored Target early online.

I like your style. I like to whittle down my list online T day morning (if possible) and have a smaller must have list for stores. For example I've seen a 23" LED monitor for $99 two different places and I've I can snag it online it's got plenty of time to arrive for 12-25.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”