Best Buy (Updated)

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Vols44 wrote:Hit the bullet comments:

-the Beats by Dr. Dre took a mini hit when Bose struck a deal with the NFL; 79.99 still beats the pants off a current Amazon price of 129

-the 6 each 11-20 stickers deserve a speculation thread of their own; many people will have their e-carts filled at midnight

-the 40" Samsung smart TV is 399 in the store today; Amazon is 370.13 with no sales (in 27 states) tax & free shipping

-I can tell PS4 sales are kicking Microsoft's butt since the XB1 is 329.99 at multiple stores; Target's $50 GC is king

-learned that an IPS LED monitor has better color angles, but a slower screen for gaming enthusiasts

-Bfaddict, the newest generation Linksys router is 89.99

-on an off note, I'm surprised a retailer hasn't marketed dash cams more aggressively; they're huge in Europe; the Russian ones on Youtube are fascinating

-a show of hands on how many people will go to BB on Wednesday and hid small items in the appliance section for a future checkout 8) .

Page 48 might be just as revealing as pg1 when I view it in hard copy if it isn't viewable on another site.

REALLY?!? hmmm I really wish that Walmart flyer would come out already! Also, did anyone else see the post of facebook about people lining up at BB already? UM WHAT?

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:12 pm

BFPrincess wrote:
REALLY?!? hmmm I really wish that Walmart flyer would come out already! Also, did anyone else see the post of facebook about people lining up at BB already? UM WHAT?

$199 for a Panasonic 50" TV if you're going to camp out, that's the closest thing to a worthy item.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

sonnyremy2
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sonnyremy2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Hello, I'm new to this board. I wanna know what that 64GB IPOD is. I think the Target 32 GB is the better deal can't beat. $50 GC.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:56 pm

The Best Buy iPod Touch is 64 GB, price TBD. The Target one is 32 GB for $249 with a free $50 gift card. I have no guess about what Best Buy's price might be. However, I note that the item is part of their Nov. 20-22 sale, and I imagine that it might be easier to get that deal since there might not be as many shoppers camped out for a sale that begins on a Thursday the week before Thanksgiving.

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Best-Buy/Ad?page=5
http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Target/Ad?page=5

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 am

The only thing that I'd like to get at BB that I can't PM at WM is that Logitech gaming mouse for $79.99. I realize it's only $10 off regular price, but it also comes with a $50 steam gift card, which I need as well. Anyone think I may be able to get the same deal online? I'd like to avoid BB at all costs really because we get these big city idiots coming up here now that think they're special by camping out for a week in a rural area that never has even a small line forming until about 3 hours before the sale starts. Then they proceed to treat us locals like we don't know anything about anything and take all the vouchers for themselves. :roll:

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 am

Guess if I want to hit up Best Buy, I'm going to have to go out Thursday night after all. :shock:

No way in he!! am I going to my closest Best Buy at 5pm, it's always unorganized and a zoo on BF regardless if there are deals or not. Besides we'll be eating or cleaning up after dinner at that time lol

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:24 am

carmenslackey wrote:The only thing that I'd like to get at BB that I can't PM at WM is that Logitech gaming mouse for $79.99. I realize it's only $10 off regular price, but it also comes with a $50 steam gift card, which I need as well. Anyone think I may be able to get the same deal online? I'd like to avoid BB at all costs really because we get these big city idiots coming up here now that think they're special by camping out for a week in a rural area that never has even a small line forming until about 3 hours before the sale starts. Then they proceed to treat us locals like we don't know anything about anything and take all the vouchers for themselves. :roll:

You might be able to flash the ad at WM and have them match the GC with a store one. I'd make sure there's one in stock. The website said it was out of stock, but not if it was online only.

I've gotten an electronics mgr to match a TRU ipod price and substitute an itunes card w/ a WM GC for the same amount. It's not the same as being able to use it for Steam downloads so the hours of waiting out and inside have to be weighed by item in hand and waiting to check out of a climate controlled Wally line.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 pm

bfaddict wrote:HAHA sneaky sneaky of them covering up some of the prices for a later ad release ;)

oh i guess that's 11/20 sale stuff.

What's everyone's thoughts on the 11/20 sale stuff and the BB silver members who get early dibs online for certain items. Just read where Elite and Elite Plus (new version of Silver?) members will have access on 11-24 via their Early Access event. It's possible Elites will be able to do site-to-store and stick their noses up at campers.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Vols44 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:HAHA sneaky sneaky of them covering up some of the prices for a later ad release ;)

oh i guess that's 11/20 sale stuff.

What's everyone's thoughts on the 11/20 sale stuff and the BB silver members who get early dibs online for certain items. Just read where Elite and Elite Plus (new version of Silver?) members will have access on 11-24 via their Early Access event. It's possible Elites will be able to do site-to-store and stick their noses up at campers.

I always do the early sale through my brother's account. I don't know if he has access this year - but it's super nice!! Not everything is available though.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy (Updated)

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Who would have thought the BB thread had sunk to page two of this forum.

The six deals three days sale is live.

iPad Air - Starting at $319.99
Westinghouse 40" 1080p LED HDTV (DWM40F1Y1) - $199.99
Sony 60" 1080p LED 120Hz Smart HDTV (KDL60R510A) - $799.99
Asus 15.6" Laptop w/ Intel Core i3-3217U, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 8.1 (X551CA-BI30804C) - $249.99
Apple iPod touch 64GB MP3 Player (5th Generation) - $249.99
Skylanders Trap Team Starter Packs (Select ) - $49.99

Which item makes you want to break out the plastic, buy your item and wave it in front of campers at your local?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:10 pm

i asked this in the thread in retail stores - but are their any opinions of this asus for $249 at best buy available now vs the HP touchscreen for $249 at walmart on BF?

Captain_Canada
Black Friday Pro

Postby Captain_Canada » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 am

SAMSUNG TV BF PRICING IS LIVE:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/home-solutions-promotions/samsung-tv-savings/pcmcat348700050013.c?id=pcmcat348700050013&ref=156&loc=09&CampaignID=650354

AS ARE A FEW OTHER PRODUCTS, A FEW SONY TVS, GALAXY TABLET, TO NAME A FEW.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Vols44 wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:The only thing that I'd like to get at BB that I can't PM at WM is that Logitech gaming mouse for $79.99. I realize it's only $10 off regular price, but it also comes with a $50 steam gift card, which I need as well. Anyone think I may be able to get the same deal online? I'd like to avoid BB at all costs really because we get these big city idiots coming up here now that think they're special by camping out for a week in a rural area that never has even a small line forming until about 3 hours before the sale starts. Then they proceed to treat us locals like we don't know anything about anything and take all the vouchers for themselves. :roll:

You might be able to flash the ad at WM and have them match the GC with a store one. I'd make sure there's one in stock. The website said it was out of stock, but not if it was online only.

I've gotten an electronics mgr to match a TRU ipod price and substitute an itunes card w/ a WM GC for the same amount. It's not the same as being able to use it for Steam downloads so the hours of waiting out and inside have to be weighed by item in hand and waiting to check out of a climate controlled Wally line.

I have no idea how I missed this post. :oops:

Thanks for the info, however, the steam GC is what I really need. My teenage son lives on steam and it's on the top of his GC wish list. I figured I would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone by getting a gaming mouse that I wouldn't normally buy for him due to the price and getting that GC for free. My mentality is that it's like getting the mouse for $30 while getting the GC I was already going to buy lol. If I tell myself differently, I'll talk myself out of it. ;)

I have to go to BB now anyways. Their Wii U deal is amongst the better on the market for BF, and it comes with 3 of 4 games I'd be buying anyways. Talked to the manager at our local BB last week, and he said both the console and the gaming mouse are ticketed items, but not to the point that they'll both be gone in minutes. He told me I should be fine being 15th-40th in line after the tents to get both tickets. My best friend is going to stand out in the snow for me to get the tickets while I do his shopping at WM, then we're just going to pick up the items on our way to Target since BB is in the same shopping center as Target. :)

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Does anyone know when the early access for Elite actually starts? And not just the selected items. I can't remember what day I did it last year. All I remember is it was supposed to start one night, but didn't end up going live until line 4 am one morning. I thought I saw so we here it starts tomorrow, but it can't find that either now. Thanks.

ITS BLACK FRIDAY WEEK!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:42 pm

stacykay4 wrote:Does anyone know when the early access for Elite actually starts? And not just the selected items. I can't remember what day I did it last year. All I remember is it was supposed to start one night, but didn't end up going live until line 4 am one morning. I thought I saw so we here it starts tomorrow, but it can't find that either now. Thanks.

ITS BLACK FRIDAY WEEK!!!

This isn't much help but it was either mon,tues, wed of the week because I remember ordering store while at work lol
I'm pretty sure it was before Wednesday

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”