Best Buy (Updated)

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:57 am

Item List: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Best-Buy?list_style=list
Item Grid: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Best-Buy?list_style=grid
Ad Scan: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Best-Buy/Ad

47 pages
Store opens at 5pm on Thanksgiving*

*Stores close 1am Friday

NOV 16 UPDATE: We have updated the Best Buy Black Friday ad from 47-pages of online screenshots to the official 20-page print ad. The new scans include helpful SKU and model numbers for most of the items and should hopefully make the ad much easier to reference when the Best Buy Black Friday ad comes out with the weekly paper.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy

Postby BFVet » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 am

Interesting that they're not staying open all night on Thursday.

Though Best Buy may be a bit of a dying market model, they have always been the trend setters for Black Friday. I wonder if this could be a gradual move towards what I will call "the KMart model" - having a Thanksgiving sale, closing, and then having a Black Friday sale. I think 8:00am is way late to open on Friday, but I'd love to see this start a trend toward more traditional Black Friday sales. I'd be fine with the Thanksgiving Day shopping if it were more of a "normal" shopping day. Open at 8:00 or 9:00 with sales and then close up shop by 9:00 or 10:00 on Thursday night. Then get back to the 4:00am-7:00am openings on Friday with the most significant deals.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:28 am

HAHA sneaky sneaky of them covering up some of the prices for a later ad release ;)

oh i guess that's 11/20 sale stuff.

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:05 am

The TV offerings are extremely underwhelming. Where in the heck did they dig up all of those 60hz models? Even for the 4K version?
On a positive note, there are some solid deals everywhere in the ad once you take a longer look.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:16 am

I got a super cheap small TV from there last year on BF and I don't see anything remotely close to price this year.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:26 am

what's the opinion on the 40" Samsung Smart for $327.99 - good deal?
I'm holding out for the Walmart flyer but I really don't know what a good deal would be. I NEVER eanted to be in the position of needing a TV on black Friday

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 am

BFPrincess wrote:what's the opinion on the 40" Samsung Smart for $327.99 - good deal?
I'm holding out for the Walmart flyer but I really don't know what a good deal would be. I NEVER eanted to be in the position of needing a TV on black Friday

I thought Target had a super cheap 40" TV on the front page of their ad....

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:50 am

BFPrincess wrote:what's the opinion on the 40" Samsung Smart for $327.99 - good deal?

line up at target 1.5-2 hours before opening and you have a pretty good shot of getting a tv. and they are nice and organized - they only let so many people in at a time and sometimes they will already have the big tvs in carts (although that is not guaranteed).

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:33 am

BFVet wrote:

I thought Target had a super cheap 40" TV on the front page of their ad....

They do, but I think bfprincess is looking for a smart tv. the one at target is a regular tv.
I'm addicted!

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:41 pm

bfaddict wrote:

line up at target 1.5-2 hours before opening and you have a pretty good shot of getting a tv. and they are nice and organized - they only let so many people in at a time and sometimes they will already have the big tvs in carts (although that is not guaranteed).

I got the 50" last year at target. we were all let in at one time, but the had the TV's in carts at the back loading area. so it was easy to get. plus once we had the ticket, we had up to 2 hours to claim the tv, or it would be given to the first person waiting in line a the loading area. it allowed me to go pick up the other stuff I wanted and then grab the tv.
I'm addicted!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:45 pm

with an ad like that, I bet you could show up a half hour before opening, and get all the vouchers you want
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:11 pm

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:21 pm

When I saw it last night, I clicked one of the items to go to the details page and the current price was lower. I'd definitely recommend checking current prices if you see something that looks like a good deal - might get an even better deal and without the black Friday hassle.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Hit the bullet comments:

-the Beats by Dr. Dre took a mini hit when Bose struck a deal with the NFL; 79.99 still beats the pants off a current Amazon price of 129

-the 6 each 11-20 stickers deserve a speculation thread of their own; many people will have their e-carts filled at midnight

-the 40" Samsung smart TV is 399 in the store today; Amazon is 370.13 with no sales (in 27 states) tax & free shipping

-I can tell PS4 sales are kicking Microsoft's butt since the XB1 is 329.99 at multiple stores; Target's $50 GC is king

-learned that an IPS LED monitor has better color angles, but a slower screen for gaming enthusiasts

-Bfaddict, the newest generation Linksys router is 89.99

-on an off note, I'm surprised a retailer hasn't marketed dash cams more aggressively; they're huge in Europe; the Russian ones on Youtube are fascinating

-a show of hands on how many people will go to BB on Wednesday and hid small items in the appliance section for a future checkout 8) .

Page 48 might be just as revealing as pg1 when I view it in hard copy if it isn't viewable on another site.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Correct I'm looking for a Smart TV. I might look for one of the cheaper regular ones though for my home office.

Also, I have to do all my shopping online as I'll be traveling and unable to bring a TV back with me. So no lining up for me.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”