JC Penney

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: JC Penney

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Mini update, pallets containing boxes of boxed snow globes will be handed out by managers til midnight on Thursday.

An important shopping concern is waiting too close to midnight for T day prices. The registers will reflect Friday prices at 12:00am and not be adjusted unless the person brings an ad to help the cashier who might or might not have one on hand. I will also save people waiting in line time. The lines tapered of at 2am last year and ramped back up from 6-11 on Friday. Friday afternoon leftovers had no competition.

Fewer employees will be on the floor since the cashwrap and bagging will be priority one. Staking out your local will be as smart as having things ready to checkout ASAP after the 5pm doors and curtains open/rise.

Cool thing about our local is the home store is in a strip mall with plenty of parking. Additionally remember which items are in which store. The main store is at the mall with two inside entryways and two outside entries. Strollers or other elevator traffic will take forever. The escalators are in the middle of the floorplan and crisscross for easy navigation.

This weekend will bare more details to the JCP madness.
Follow my JCP updates in the ODA thread.

User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: JC Penney

Postby XmasDVD » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 pm

So they are giving out the globes on Thanksgiving? Trying to decipher your coded message :-)

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: JC Penney

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Vols44 wrote:Mini update, pallets containing boxes of boxed snow globes will be handed out by managers til midnight on Thursday.

An important shopping concern is waiting too close to midnight for T day prices. The registers will reflect Friday prices at 12:00am and not be adjusted unless the person brings an ad to help the cashier who might or might not have one on hand. I will also save people waiting in line time. The lines tapered of at 2am last year and ramped back up from 6-11 on Friday. Friday afternoon leftovers had no competition.

Fewer employees will be on the floor since the cashwrap and bagging will be priority one. Staking out your local will be as smart as having things ready to checkout ASAP after the 5pm doors and curtains open/rise.

Cool thing about our local is the home store is in a strip mall with plenty of parking. Additionally remember which items are in which store. The main store is at the mall with two inside entryways and two outside entries. Strollers or other elevator traffic will take forever. The escalators are in the middle of the floorplan and crisscross for easy navigation.

This weekend will bare more details to the JCP madness.


I'm confused about the Friday 12 am. The ad says tday prices are until Friday 1 PM and other Friday prices start at 6 am. I don't see anything about midnight in the ad

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: JC Penney

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

XmasDVD wrote:So they are giving out the globes on Thanksgiving? Trying to decipher your coded message :-)


Yes, it will be business as usual with boxed globes at the door. JCP's partnership with Disney has evolved with over 700 "shoppes" in side stores nationwide. After all, with a Disney-related freebee in hand why not compliment it with a C day surprise for a loved one.
Last edited by Vols44 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: JC Penney

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:35 pm

bfaddict wrote:
Vols44 wrote:Mini update, pallets containing boxes of boxed snow globes will be handed out by managers til midnight on Thursday.

An important shopping concern is waiting too close to midnight for T day prices. The registers will reflect Friday prices at 12:00am and not be adjusted unless the person brings an ad to help the cashier who might or might not have one on hand. I will also save people waiting in line time. The lines tapered of at 2am last year and ramped back up from 6-11 on Friday. Friday afternoon leftovers had no competition.

Fewer employees will be on the floor since the cashwrap and bagging will be priority one. Staking out your local will be as smart as having things ready to checkout ASAP after the 5pm doors and curtains open/rise.

Cool thing about our local is the home store is in a strip mall with plenty of parking. Additionally remember which items are in which store. The main store is at the mall with two inside entryways and two outside entries. Strollers or other elevator traffic will take forever. The escalators are in the middle of the floorplan and crisscross for easy navigation.

This weekend will bare more details to the JCP madness.


I'm confused about the Friday 12 am. The ad says tday prices are until Friday 1 PM and other Friday prices start at 6 am. I don't see anything about midnight in the ad


I stand corrected. The initial prices will be good from 5pm on T day til 1pm on Friday.

In a bit of caveat emptor the fine print on pg 72 is revealing. When I zoom a pdf past 160& it's too blurry to make out all the brands that coupons will NOT work on. Some of the majors I could make out are: Levi's, Disney, Columbia, Nike, Sephora et al.

This kinda rains on my parade. Didn't want folks to start getting "road rage" at the checkout when bad coupon news starts popping up. A recommendation is pre-shopping and asking an associate about the listed restrictions.

Now I'm reading the back of the coupon from this weekends newspaper. The fine print is strikingly similar. Here is the verbiage:

Does not apply to doorbusters, Big Buys, Best Value, Levi's, Disney Shop, Assets Red Hot Label by Spandex, licensed team merchandise, Nike, Clarks, athletic shoes, jewelry trunk shows, the Diamond Vault, TechnoMarine watches, Sephora, Le Creuset, Sophie Conran, Royal Daulton, Celebrations, food, kitchen electrics, floor care, Joseph Joseph, Hunter Douglas, Umbra window hardware, Bali window hardware, in-home custom decorating, fitness equipment and accessories, Art.com, baby gear, personalized jewelry, services, service plans, gift cards, furniture outlet prices, closing store purchases, current orders and prior purchases.

Regarding coupons, the one that expires today is LETSSHOP. The BF one 1ST25AV has the identical letter and number designator under the barcode.

You can get the coupon on your phone by texting AD41A to 527365. The 6am-1pm $20 bonus cash (after spending $75) is applicable to 12-2 to 12-24 only.

In summary, it take some of the shine off of the coupon option. I still like the 60-80% off items even though some involve a MIR. An option is taking the ad to WM, show the cashier your buying Pyrex, Corning ware, Cuisinart, Samsonite, etc and hold the ad far enough that they "forget" about the MIR language.

I feel like a consumer protection advocate now, but it's better to get the facts up front and not have to post in the rant half of that forum.

Happy shopping and I'll pass on more when I get the 4-1-1.

User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: JC Penney

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Vols44 wrote:
XmasDVD wrote:So they are giving out the globes on Thanksgiving? Trying to decipher your coded message :-)


Yes, it will be business as usual with boxed globes at the door. JCP's partnership with Disney has evolved with over 700 "shoppes" in side stores nationwide. After all, with a Disney-related freebee in hand why not compliment it with a C day surprise for a loved one.



that's fine - so I need to be at the store on THANKSGIVING night this year - crap.

User avatar
Vols44
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: JC Penney

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:44 pm

The same senior mgrs that give out globes at the entrances will have the instant savings coupons Thursday evening. I cannot confirm this because it's sketchy at best, but the store mgr has the coupons in their safe in sealed decks of 100 like playing cards. Coupon decks will equal the number of entrances. Our local was top ten in sales country wide last year and has four total entrances so I expect four decks with randomly placed $100 coupons so employees will NOT be able to skim the decks before the public gets access 5pm on T day. It's possible a two entrance store will have one or two half decks opened at 5pm.

My family member does not work at a home store so I'm not privy to globe or instant coupon 4-1-1- for those locales.

oceansofenvy
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: JC Penney

Postby oceansofenvy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm figuring I'll use the $10 off of $10 coupon and get two of those $5.99 boys pj pants for about $3 after coupon and taxes. It's worth the trip for me since I can pop in and out for those.

CookieGVB
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:12 am

Re: JC Penney

Postby CookieGVB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 am

Are there limitations on what you can use the $10 off $10 card to purchase? (Or even better, the $100 off $100)

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: JC Penney

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:44 am

CookieGVB wrote:Are there limitations on what you can use the $10 off $10 card to purchase? (Or even better, the $100 off $100)


I don't have one in front of me, but I remember using a $10 off $10 coupon and seem to remember it having all the usual fine print...can't be used on Sephora is one I remember and some brands and particular services...I bet you could Google a picture of an expired 10 off 10 coupon to view the fine print

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: JC Penney

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:53 am

This is from 2010 but I think the exclusion list is pretty standard. Image


Return to “Official Deal Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest