Amazon price adjustment for lightning deals?

Moderator: lwmjr

Emily928
Black Friday Newbie

Amazon price adjustment for lightning deals?

Postby Emily928 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 am

I noticed something I purchased a few days ago is coming up on the lightning deal list later today. It's not a big ticket item, but I would love to get that lower price if I could! I think the item has already shipped (and may be sitting unopened in my dining room now that I think about it...) Does anyone know if Amazon is willing to issue credit if a price drops as part of a special deal like this?

wdeydwondrer
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Amazon price adjustment for lightning deals?

Postby wdeydwondrer » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:30 pm

I just talked to chat support literally yesterday about this same question. They told me that Amazon doesn't match any prices, even their own, on special sales and time limited sales. So basically, they'll price match a normal lower price, or like a week long sale. BF and CM are completely out.

Emily928
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Emily928 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Thanks, that is very helpful! I kind of thought that might be the case...good to keep in mind. I have had pretty good experiences with Amazon customer service so I thought maybe there was a chance.

grimey
Black Friday Newbie

Postby grimey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 am

They never do. You can however just return the original order, though you may have to pay return shipping.

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:45 pm

They do have an excellent return policy if you do find it cheaper locally

On the Hunt for Great Deals!

Emily928
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Emily928 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:04 pm

They do -- just the matter of paying for return shipping (except for baby items, which was nice, but we're no longer buying many baby items). I guess if you're talking about a bigger-ticket item and the price difference is substantial, it would be worth it.

wdeydwondrer
Black Friday Amateur

Postby wdeydwondrer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:02 pm

That's what I'm banking on. Just ordered a tv today on sale and I'm doubting I'll see it drop for BF. Though if it does and it's more than $100 difference, I may buy it and return this one. Rather large bit of hassle for a 55" though, lol

Return to “Online Stores”