No line at Best Buy

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

zippy
Black Friday Pro

No line at Best Buy

Postby zippy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:41 pm

I was in shock when I drove by Best Buy on Thanksgiving morning and there was only one sad little tent out front. In years past, there were always 15 plus tents and days before they opened but this year there was just that one little tent. I bet that guy was lonely but at least he was first in line right? LOL

jamizer
Black Friday Pro

Re: No line at Best Buy

Postby jamizer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 pm

If you are going to have crappy sales, you are not going to get the customers. Plus I think more and more people are doing online shopping. It is not as fun to do it online, but easier, less stressful, and you can hit multiple stores at once to try and get those deals.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:12 am

The way previous sales went down contributed to the masses shying away from BB. The big boxer has employed some of the same attitudes that turned Circuit City into a dinosaur.

I love the fact Amazon et al have evened the playing field. Shopping from home with no sales tax and free shipping is an irresistible combo. I'm partial to the online giant and other that keep my company's parcel business hopping.

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Online sales
Bad weather (where I live anyway)
Still pricier than other retailers selling similar items
Walmart offering one-hour guarantees on big-ticket electronics

Those are what I think contributed to Best Buy's crowd looking underwhelming this year. There was one guy in line as of noon Thanksgiving at the store in my town. Now, to be fair, the line had extended to the end of the next block, which I'm guessing would've made it about 175-200 people.

Return to “Retail Stores”