Wallmart 70" TV Chances

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Indy_Hawkeye
Black Friday Newbie

Wallmart 70" TV Chances

Postby Indy_Hawkeye » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:22 am

I have never been to a Black Friday event before. This year I will be going to Walmart to hopefully get a 70 inch Vizio TV that is on sale. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner early which is the priority; however, I should be able to get to Walmart at 5:00. Any thoughts on my chances to get this TV? Thanks for your input

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Wallmart 70" TV Chances

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:50 am

Indy_Hawkeye wrote:I have never been to a Black Friday event before. This year I will be going to Walmart to hopefully get a 70 inch Vizio TV that is on sale. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner early which is the priority; however, I should be able to get to Walmart at 5:00. Any thoughts on my chances to get this TV? Thanks for your input

It really depends on your area. 5pm is a little late to get to Walmart for a 6pm sale (assuming the TV is at the 6pm sale, I didn't look)

Edit: I just went and looked at the ad, and it's an 8pm sale. You should probably be good unless you live in a big city.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Indy_Hawkeye wrote:I have never been to a Black Friday event before. This year I will be going to Walmart to hopefully get a 70 inch Vizio TV that is on sale. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner early which is the priority; however, I should be able to get to Walmart at 5:00. Any thoughts on my chances to get this TV? Thanks for your input

It really depends on your area. 5pm is a little late to get to Walmart for a 6pm sale (assuming the TV is at the 6pm sale, I didn't look)

Edit: I just went and looked at the ad, and it's an 8pm sale. You should probably be good unless you live in a big city.

Still it is up in the air since people that go to the 6pm might be after that as well and some of those people will show up around 2pm or earlier.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:59 am

I think most people will be going after that TV that'll be a paperweight in 3 months.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 am

5pm, I think you aren't going to get it. I am sure they are not going to have many of the TVs since this is a special BF model and it is a higher ticket item.

I got my 70 inch at the Sam's sale this weekend, and 3.5 hours before the sale, all the TVs were gone, and I live in a city with 2 Sam's clubs within 20 mins of each other.

The TV was what people were coming to the Sam's store for, and everyone that did not get the TV there, was going to try and get it at Wal-Mart, and they said they learned their lesson and will line up early for it.

Plus, you also have the people that wanted to get the TV at Sam's but wanted to wait inside. I am thinking the crowd for the TV is going to be huge, as the demand for the TV was a complete surprise to the management at Sam's. They kept on insisting that since it was $1,000, it was too high priced to be popular, they were wrong. The first person was in line at 11am for the 7pm sale. I think you would want to get there by noon to guarantee you get that TV if you want it bad enough.

Another thing with the TV, make sure you have adequate transportation for the thing. No, it will not fit in your car. You will need a truck and two people as this thing is heavy and awkward.

rcsort
Black Friday Newbie

Postby rcsort » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 am

I plan on getting there around noon for this. Last year I arrived 6 hours early and all the tickets for the 60" tv were gone. Does anyone know if they will allow you to bring a small camping type chair to sit in?

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 am

rcsort wrote:I plan on getting there around noon for this. Last year I arrived 6 hours early and all the tickets for the 60" tv were gone. Does anyone know if they will allow you to bring a small camping type chair to sit in?

mine will not allow it but other have said in the past they brought all kinds of stuff.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

rcsort wrote:I plan on getting there around noon for this. Last year I arrived 6 hours early and all the tickets for the 60" tv were gone. Does anyone know if they will allow you to bring a small camping type chair to sit in?

Our store allows the folding chairs. But if yours doesn't - go get a flat top cooler or something to that effect off the shelf when you arrive and just sit on it while you are waiting.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 pm

i've seen a lot of people go to the camping area and get folding chairs to sit in lol

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 am

Thanksgiving morning (8 or 9 am start), check the website. Over and over. If it says out of stock, keep refreshing every 5 minutes.

Hmm, I just checked website and it says in stores only. So maybe it won't be like last year :(

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:44 am

newkirk32 wrote:5pm, I think you aren't going to get it. I am sure they are not going to have many of the TVs since this is a special BF model and it is a higher ticket item.

I got my 70 inch at the Sam's sale this weekend, and 3.5 hours before the sale, all the TVs were gone, and I live in a city with 2 Sam's clubs within 20 mins of each other.

The TV was what people were coming to the Sam's store for, and everyone that did not get the TV there, was going to try and get it at Wal-Mart, and they said they learned their lesson and will line up early for it.

Plus, you also have the people that wanted to get the TV at Sam's but wanted to wait inside. I am thinking the crowd for the TV is going to be huge, as the demand for the TV was a complete surprise to the management at Sam's. They kept on insisting that since it was $1,000, it was too high priced to be popular, they were wrong. The first person was in line at 11am for the 7pm sale. I think you would want to get there by noon to guarantee you get that TV if you want it bad enough.

Another thing with the TV, make sure you have adequate transportation for the thing. No, it will not fit in your car. You will need a truck and two people as this thing is heavy and awkward.

I also got this same TV at Sam's Club VIP event. It was a very popular item. I got in line 2.5 hrs before the event was to start and I was 6th in line and everyone in front of me was getting one. It's a two person loading/unloading job. I had to lay mine down in the bed of my pickup truck, but they don't recommend that. I installed it this weekend and calibrated it with some settings I found on Cnet. It has a very nice picture. It's currently $1,299 on Vizio's website with free shipping.

Return to “Retail Stores”