Black Friday Pro

Re: Target iPad $100 gift card Mini $75 gift card

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Dude! wrote:
andyw715 wrote:
Shopper X wrote:

I don't disagree. But.

"any iPad" to me is any iPad.

I'm sure there are some people that could argue this with local Target management and walk away with $175 in target gift cards with the purchase of a mini.

I wouldn't need to bother with the gift card razzle dazzle at checkout, as I go to Target often.

Oh, and I don't own a Toyota.

In iPad is an iPad, and iPad mini is an iPad mini. These terms are not interchangeable, no matter how much you want them to be. The problem with most semantic arguments is that they are used grounded in a known or unknown false assumption (here thinking the term "iPad" is a generic term of anything with the name "iPad" in it...the statement that all iPads come with a hundred dollar gift card means all iPad models (iPad 2, iPad with Retina Display, and iPad Air) come with the gift card). There is no rationale Target manager in the world who would give you two cards for a purchase of one iPad mini.

perfectly stated new person :) i was trying how to state the exact same thing.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 pm

If you want iPad mini, Walmart you get $100 gift card instead of the $75 from Target

sugarcult2
Black Friday Amateur

Postby sugarcult2 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 pm

What do you think the "rules" are with gift card giveaways like these. My thought is that you could theoretically take the GC, turn around and use it on a seperate purchase. Does anyone know if there's any kind of restriction from Target on use?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:21 pm

sugarcult2 wrote:What do you think the "rules" are with gift card giveaways like these. My thought is that you could theoretically take the GC, turn around and use it on a seperate purchase. Does anyone know if there's any kind of restriction from Target on use?

all speculation but some people have said it could work immediately. it has for some people other years. sometimes it takes so many hours.
i'm not sure anyone will know until they're at the register and trying it.

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah, a couple of years ago I purchased an Xbox 360 at Target and got a gift card immediately. I then turned to my wife who was behind me and gave her the card and she used it on her purchase.

Return to “Retail Stores”