Walmart Price match, do you need a ad or just the scan?

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

shawners
Black Friday Pro

Walmart Price match, do you need a ad or just the scan?

Postby shawners » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Do we need to buy a paper for the black friday ads so Walmart will Match the price or can you print them here or just show them the adscan from this site on your phone for them to price match it?

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart Price match, do you need a ad or just the scan?

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 pm

You need the actual printed ad in the newspaper.

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am

I was going to say, the ad scans can easily be Photoshopped to look like incredible deals. You would need the actual printed ad in order to match prices.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 am

Yes you will need a real add but if you don't have one they will typically have them as well. Course they will be real bitchy about having to look it up themselves.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Walmart told me last night:

" must have the actual printed ad, they will NOT price match an online printed item/price, it has to be the actual printed ad."

they pmatched online for me last year.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:31 pm

i just took my bf ads shopping list with pictures and they price matched from that for me
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Amanda72788
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Amanda72788 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:19 pm

I think it depends on the Walmart you go to. My WM is the only one around for 30 to 40 minutes so kinda stuck with it. Older cashiers for the most part are picky about price matching while younger ones seem to not care. I know when I worked at WM two years ago on BF, I just put in the price of the item and never asked for the ad, depending on what it was. DVDS, games, toys (as long as it was within reasonable price) were fine, but tv's, computers, bluray players were diff. I find it's the same way with most cashiers if it's a couple dollars you're trying to save then alot of times they may not even ask for the ad, but if you're trying to get a 20 dollar item for 4 bucks then they will of course ask for the ad.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:37 pm

being from the land of WM this just does not seem to be an issue at many of our local stores, but i think it is in part because where we are located corporate can and does come in at any given time and secret shops are at a premium. The corporate policy says you don't have to show them the ad they will find it and match it for you. in general all i have to say is its on my phone and they will match. i have only had to show an ad or scan or whatever twice
steffsbags@ymail.com

m_williams79
Black Friday Pro

Postby m_williams79 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:55 pm

steffj89 wrote:being from the land of WM this just does not seem to be an issue at many of our local stores, but i think it is in part because where we are located corporate can and does come in at any given time and secret shops are at a premium. The corporate policy says you don't have to show them the ad they will find it and match it for you. in general all i have to say is its on my phone and they will match. i have only had to show an ad or scan or whatever twice

I live in NW AR and I have had no problems but I keep a copy of the price matching policy with me at all times. They will price match bogo if it has a price on it ex bogo at 4.97 but will not if it just says bogo. I also stick with the younger cashiers, they don't hassle me about anything and when I use coupons they are very good about watching what I have so I don't have to go dig it back out if a coupon doesn't scan right.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Ok I have a question about price matching at Walmart.

(I didn't see it on here, and no I didn't search because I'm just that lazy. Besides, I hate cats)...

If you have the ad I know they will price match. However, does time make a difference?

Target has some movies on sale, and their event starts at 8pm. Can I price match those movies at Walmart, at 6pm (or earlier that day), or do I have to wait until 8pm for Walmart to honor Targets price?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:51 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Ok I have a question about price matching at Walmart.

(I didn't see it on here, and no I didn't search because I'm just that lazy. Besides, I hate cats)...

If you have the ad I know they will price match. However, does time make a difference?

Target has some movies on sale, and their event starts at 8pm. Can I price match those movies at Walmart, at 6pm (or earlier that day), or do I have to wait until 8pm for Walmart to honor Targets price?

At our store they will only price match in the same time window that the other store is running the sale.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

bfshoppermom wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Ok I have a question about price matching at Walmart.

At our store they will only price match in the same time window that the other store is running the sale.

TY!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:52 am

the time thing can be iffy as well as the doorbuster thing because technically the policy says the other store has to have one in stock for it to be a valid price match. the one local might hassle me about times but not the stock. The one by the mall in F'ville will hassle me about the stock(and did call BB on a PM a few years ago) but not about the times.
steffsbags@ymail.com

Return to “Retail Stores”