walmart 1 hour guarantee

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: walmart 1 hour guarantee

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 am

dandare67 wrote:With the iPad Mini deal, if they are out of stock and I have to purchase the guarantee card, will I still get the $100 Gift Card? Also, will I be able to use the gift card at the 8:00 sale?

You should check with your local WM, before hand :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:30 am

carmenslackey wrote:OK, so after reading this whole thread, I have a question....

With the 1 hour guarantee thing, if I walk back to where they're handing out the wristbands and request a guarantee card instead, will they give me one? Here's where this is coming from - I need to get the RCA tablet that doesn't go on sale until 8pm. I'll be at Target at 8pm and currently have all my 'minions' doing other things, meaning I and they would have to miss out on other things to wait in line at Walmart for one single solitary thing. I guess what I'm basically saying is, would they honor the 8pm price on a guarantee card purchased at 6pm? This whole thing confuses me, and I really don't want to bribe my more inexperienced friends to wait around for a wristband.....

i think they should be ok with doing that, however it might be so crazy and your staff person might be frazzled. so if you are able to get the card instead of the wristband i would head straight to the checkout line and check out. if you do it immediately you won't be standing in line at all to check out. then you have that taken care of.

i'm wondering what time they plan to hand out wristbands? i only imagine that will be a cluster if they're saying people can get wristbands and then continue shopping.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:42 pm

bfaddict wrote:
carmenslackey wrote:OK, so after reading this whole thread, I have a question....

With the 1 hour guarantee thing, if I walk back to where they're handing out the wristbands and request a guarantee card instead, will they give me one? Here's where this is coming from - I need to get the RCA tablet that doesn't go on sale until 8pm. I'll be at Target at 8pm and currently have all my 'minions' doing other things, meaning I and they would have to miss out on other things to wait in line at Walmart for one single solitary thing. I guess what I'm basically saying is, would they honor the 8pm price on a guarantee card purchased at 6pm? This whole thing confuses me, and I really don't want to bribe my more inexperienced friends to wait around for a wristband.....

i think they should be ok with doing that, however it might be so crazy and your staff person might be frazzled. so if you are able to get the card instead of the wristband i would head straight to the checkout line and check out. if you do it immediately you won't be standing in line at all to check out. then you have that taken care of.

i'm wondering what time they plan to hand out wristbands? i only imagine that will be a cluster if they're saying people can get wristbands and then continue shopping.

last year I was in line for the laptops. they were on sale at 10 pm. we got our tickets ( I don't think they were wristbands) around 5 or 6 pm, but we still had to stay in line. the employees monitoring our section kind of looked the other way when some people got out of line to grab some of the 8 pm stuff, especially the first 5 or 6 people because we had been there since 6 am. also, we left one person in line holding all our spots.

then when I was done getting the laptop, I got in line for the 10 pm one hour guaranteed tv. I got the tv. They had stacks and kept bringing more. the guarantee card was so that if they ran out BEFORE 11 pm, then the people in line would get the card, and walmart would ship them one to the store at a later date that they could then pick up and pay the bf price.
I'm addicted!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:44 pm

pdavis wrote:
bfaddict wrote:

last year I was in line for the laptops. they were on sale at 10 pm. we got our tickets ( I don't think they were wristbands) around 5 or 6 pm, but we still had to stay in line. the employees monitoring our section kind of looked the other way when some people got out of line to grab some of the 8 pm stuff, especially the first 5 or 6 people because we had been there since 6 am. also, we left one person in line holding all our spots.

then when I was done getting the laptop, I got in line for the 10 pm one hour guaranteed tv. I got the tv. They had stacks and kept bringing more. the guarantee card was so that if they ran out BEFORE 11 pm, then the people in line would get the card, and walmart would ship them one to the store at a later date that they could then pick up and pay the bf price.

that's what i'm wondering for the wrist bands, since i know last year you were suppose to stay in line until the exact time. so does that mean they're giving away wristbands early?

i dont plan on getting any of those things so i don't really care much lol but i'm just curious!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Thank you all for your responses. I think I'm gonna head over to my local Walmart after I pick the kiddo up from school today and talk to the manager to find out if she knows an approximate time for handing out the wristbands.

I'll be in the store about 3 1/2 hours before the sale starts this year. I'm hoping the 8pm guarantee card works at 6pm when I check out. I'm hoping for the same glitch they had last year where the prices for the 10pm sale were active at 8pm. I didn't realize it until long after I was home, but I had several 10pm items that rang up at 8:03pm at their sale prices. After checking in with a few friends in different areas, I found out that it was happening in other Walmarts too. I love when their systems have a good glitch. ;)

Thanks again for your help! :D

tdpats
Black Friday Pro

Postby tdpats » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I did the one hour last year. I got the certificate for the guarantee and the item arrived very quickly, like less than ten days. The catch is you have to pay for the item that day. You bring the certificate to the register and pay for it. I hope this helps.

khcruise
Black Friday Newbie

Postby khcruise » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:25 pm

carmenslackey wrote:Thank you all for your responses. I think I'm gonna head over to my local Walmart after I pick the kiddo up from school today and talk to the manager to find out if she knows an approximate time for handing out the wristbands.

I'll be in the store about 3 1/2 hours before the sale starts this year. I'm hoping the 8pm guarantee card works at 6pm when I check out. I'm hoping for the same glitch they had last year where the prices for the 10pm sale were active at 8pm. I didn't realize it until long after I was home, but I had several 10pm items that rang up at 8:03pm at their sale prices. After checking in with a few friends in different areas, I found out that it was happening in other Walmarts too. I love when their systems have a good glitch. ;)

Thanks again for your help! :D

I definitely recommend confirming with the manager. If you get an answer you like, ask if that manager is going to be in the store at that time in case there is an issue when you get there. I would actually be surprised if they let you get the guarantee card early because the whole point is they guarantee for that one hour. Let's say they were to give out 100 early, then they still have to guarantee for that one hour, that certainly increases the amount they have to honor. I hope it works out for you and let us know what you find out.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 am

I did ask the manager today as I said I would. I typed up a long response on a similar thread on the "Suggestions" board, and instead of re-typing, I decided copy/paste would be easier...

I wrote:I'm working on figuring out the answer to this question. They're handing out wristbands this year instead of tickets, so people can go shop and then come back and pick their item up within 2 hours. They're also doing a 1 hour guarantee card if they run out of wristbands. I'm trying to find out if I can walk back to where they're handing out the wristbands and request a guarantee card instead, pay for it at 6pm at the checkout and be on my merry little way to Target.

I asked a manager today and all she knew was that the wristbands were being handed out (at least at our store) on a first come, first serve basis, and then they would hand out the guarantee cards when the wristbands were gone. She also said they would start handing out the wristbands at least 2 hours in advance of the 6pm sale. With the guarantee cards, you still have to pay for the item that night, then register the card on walmart.com, and then you'll get an email before Christmas to come in and pick your item up at the store.

My problem is that I want to buy one of the 8pm guarantee cards at 6pm, and she couldn't answer whether or not I could do that. She has my phone number though, and said once she found something out, she would call me. She also told me that if I didn't hear from her in a week, to stop back in the store or call her there to see if she found anything out. Hopefully I can get an answer soon before I'm screwed with finding the extra help I may need to get the 8pm item. :?

In re-reading what I posted earlier, I've come up with a different solution. I'll be going back to Walmart to pick over leftovers after I checkout at Gamestop a little after midnight. Maybe I can ask the manager, since I'll be in the store earlier than most will get there during the day, if they could give me a guarantee card to buy when I come back to the store after midnight. The manager said today that the guarantee cards will work like gift cards, as in the codes won't work unless they're activated at the register. And there's nothing in the fine print that says you can't purchase a guarantee card later on, just the wristbands. Maybe it's a loophole that we can get around. Hmmmm. I think I'll wait on her call, and if she doesn't find anything out by next Wednesday, I'll let her in on my little idea, which may just work out.

I'll post here when I find anything else out. :)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:30 am

ehhhh not quite sure that will work since the guarantee obviously states "guaranteed for one hour"

midnight is quite a bit longer than an hour!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:32 am

carmen i'm not quite understanding why you can't just go into the store at 6, get your card (or item), pay for it and leave? you're going to be there anyways to get the card or wristband so you might as well just get through the checkout lines. i'm not understanding your process of wanting to wait to pay for it at 8.

even if your store is a stickler with times, you will be in and out of the store by like 6:15 even if you have to pay for the item.

crys27
Black Friday Newbie

Postby crys27 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:46 am

She does want to check out at 6 (I think) so she can move on and go to Target, but the item she wants doesn't go on sale until 8 and is wondering if they will give her the 8 o'clock price at 6. If that is the case, I imagine that they will not be waiting until 8 to start handing out wristbands or certificates so maybe you can get a certificate by say 7? I would think so, good luck!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:11 am

bfaddict - it's exactly as crys27 said. I want to check out at 6pm, but the item I want doesn't go on sale until 8pm. I have a ton of stuff to grab at Target, so I need to be there as soon as I can to get in line, as last year we had a ton of city folk at our Target in the sticks with a line of over 2000 people and I couldn't even get in the door until 2 hours after their opening time.

I wouldn't be so hung up on trying to get the Walmart item early, after all, it's only a cheap tablet, but it's the only thing on hubby's Christmas list this year and no one else is going to get it for him. Would he be happy with the $39.99 generic tablet from KMart? Sure he would, but it's not the one he really wants. It's like ordering filet mignon and settling for chipped beef.

But I may not have anything to worry about after all. I got a surprise visit from my wonderful brother this morning, who asked me the best way to get that cheap 32" TV that Walmart has at 6pm. I told him my strategy, and asked him if he would mind sticking around to pick up a guarantee card for the tablet for me. He said he would, however, he doesn't drive, so we have to get my dad on board with the plan, just to be the driver, and we both should be golden. Hopefully. ;)

I'll still keep everyone informed if I need to go the other route of working around things. :)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:43 am

OHHHHHHH ok. i kept reading it that you wanted to get a 6 pm item at 8 pm.
I get it now. i just had it backwards :lol:

MerelyMichelle
Black Friday Newbie

Postby MerelyMichelle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm

So, I plan on getting around 4ish to get in line for the Xbox 360 that is on sale at 6pm. Will I be able to get the wrist band/guarantee card for the $98 TV before 6? That's how I understand it. Quite honestly, I don't want it until later so I don't have to drive all over town with it.
My other plan was to get there early for the xbox, grab it and then run over to the TV line so I would be in line before 7pm. It would just be a lot easier not to have to run through a massive crowd of people with a big box in my hand.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 pm

^i think that's what a lot of people are wondering. best to contact your store and see how they plan to do it.

their ad says 'so you can shop around' but it seems weird they would allow you to leave the line before the time of the sale. although some stores do do it that way.

Return to “Retail Stores”