Toys R Us

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: Toys R Us

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Overall, I have had good luck online, except for one item at KMart last year and Sears a few years before that. But in the long run, it worked to my advantage. I ended up getting better deals.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

only issue is had one of my four games from Best buy canceled online. The other three of them recevied no problem and it was such a great deal.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

iliketoparty
Black Friday Newbie

Postby iliketoparty » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:15 pm

some of the deals on the ad look good, maybe online only this year.

I'm still reluctant to visit TRU again to buy in-store because of past customer service issues but... the one good thing I noticed about in-store is that when my son broke his bow-and-arrow set last month, TRU took it back very happily and apologetically... so maybe customer-service wise things seem to be looking up there, just not sure about product quality.

Anyone else got an opinion?

Erica
I like pearl jewelry too http://www.anandia.com

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 pm

iliketoparty wrote:some of the deals on the ad look good, maybe online only this year.

I'm still reluctant to visit TRU again to buy in-store because of past customer service issues but... the one good thing I noticed about in-store is that when my son broke his bow-and-arrow set last month, TRU took it back very happily and apologetically... so maybe customer-service wise things seem to be looking up there, just not sure about product quality.

Erica

:shock: You look awful young to have kids. :lol:

No

welcome to the forums :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:19 pm

lwmjr wrote:
iliketoparty wrote:some of the deals on the ad look good, maybe online only this year.

Erica

No

that made me snort out my coke. wait that does not seem right.... :lol:
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:20 pm

ikey2 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:

Erica

No

that made me snort out my coke. wait that does not seem right.... :lol:

What a waste of money :(

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Last year we got there probably about an hour after opening. The line was all inside - people in line to pay! Wrapped around half the store. I got the last one of the item I wanted, the line to pay was worth it! It moved pretty fast.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:Last year we got there probably about an hour after opening. The line was all inside - people in line to pay! Wrapped around half the store. I got the last one of the item I wanted, the line to pay was worth it! It moved pretty fast.

Hmm. The only year I've gone to TRU I was the first person to check out, so it wasn't too bad. The things I want shouldn't be quick sellers, so I was thinking I could stop in on my way to Walmart, depending on when they open. With a 5 pm open time, that's just too early to leave family! I'm hoping Walmart does an 8 opening again so I can try to hit TRU first!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 am

if you're in line before they open you can get in and out pretty fast. they only let a certain amount of people in the store at a time (much like target) which helps A LOT. and their line is well organized with someone at the front directing you to which register to go to. a lot of stores have picked up this line system so people aren't standing in line behind someone and getting stuck.
stores that come to mind that do this are best buy, target, kohls, tru,

dz5003
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dz5003 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't really let the line or people bother me - I LOVE going to ToysRus on BF! I can't believe they are opening @ 5PM this year - Yeah! I was able to recruit a helper due to the early open! I'm planing on sitting out for about 2 hours - that should get me pretty far up in the line (hopefully).

Are you going early? If so, how long are you expecting to sit outside?

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Anyone know anything about the emails saying Rewards members will get to shop tomorrow (WED)? I've got a couple emails, but they aren't very clear and don't have any info.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm

dz5003 wrote:I don't really let the line or people bother me - I LOVE going to ToysRus on BF! I can't believe they are opening @ 5PM this year - Yeah! I was able to recruit a helper due to the early open! I'm planing on sitting out for about 2 hours - that should get me pretty far up in the line (hopefully).

Are you going early? If so, how long are you expecting to sit outside?

You must live in a small area... If you got to our TRU 2 hours early, you'd be about #200 in line. I shop in a fairly small city as well.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 pm

If you are a rewards member at TRUS.. you can purchase bf deals tomorrow as long as they are not door busters. I just went and the Manager is holding the tab for me, plus she is gonna price match BB and I get the $30 in gift cards.. So I don't have to get there at noon on Thursday, woohooo....

ameize
Black Friday Pro

Postby ameize » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:12 pm

I just got a text that had a link to where I could download the deals they are releasing to reward card holders tomorrow (and since the card is free - it really could be for anyone!). There are 50 deals - and I am THRILLED b/c the only must get that I was going for at TRU is on the list! Woot! And there is another that I was on iffy about - but hopefully it will be in stock tomorrow and I'll grab it too. And since our BRU is like the others mention, where the lines starts outside hours and hours before it opens, and winds through the store the whole night, I am very happy I won't have to deal with that!

I wish I could post a link - but I can't figure it out - but if you go on their website you can sign up for texts too.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Do you think BRU is going to have some deals on sale early too? All I want are those dumb diaper genie refills!!

Return to “Retail Stores”