Black Frid......Thursday

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

happy
Black Friday Newbie

Black Frid......Thursday

Postby happy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:03 am

Black Friday.....the best day of the year (or so I used to think). Me and a few girls from my family would get up early and spend the entire day together shopping. Now, as each year passes, they keep pushing Black Friday further and further back. Macy's is now opening at 8 on Thanksgiving day....

We used to enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner and sit around talking for hours afterward. Now if we want to participate in Black (Thursday), we are going to have to scarf our turkey down and make a run to the nearest department store, stay up to until 3 in the morning after cooking all day, and hope to save a little money is this economically hard time....talk about taking away from family time. It's most unfair to the people who don't shop on Black Friday because their family members are going to leave the table for a good deal......blah

Does anyone know of any stores who are actually going to wait until Friday morning to open? That is where I will be spending my money this year.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Re: Black Frid......Thursday

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:08 am

happy wrote:Black Friday.....the best day of the year (or so I used to think). Me and a few girls from my family would get up early and spend the entire day together shopping. Now, as each year passes, they keep pushing Black Friday further and further back. Macy's is now opening at 8 on Thanksgiving day....

We used to enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner and sit around talking for hours afterward. Now if we want to participate in Black (Thursday), we are going to have to scarf our turkey down and make a run to the nearest department store, stay up to until 3 in the morning after cooking all day, and hope to save a little money is this economically hard time....talk about taking away from family time. It's most unfair to the people who don't shop on Black Friday because their family members are going to leave the table for a good deal......blah

Does anyone know of any stores who are actually going to wait until Friday morning to open? That is where I will be spending my money this year.

The only store so far would be Harbor Fright but that not saying much since we only have 3 official store hours. While I understand that this does not work for you, but as we saw last year the amount of people that took advantage of the better hours. At first i was not sold on the hours but now think its so munch better then it use to be.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

happy
Black Friday Newbie

Postby happy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:14 am

I would definitely agree if it wasn't Turkey Time :)

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:17 am

I love the earlier hours/staggered sales. Last year I was out of Walmart by 8:30 Thanksgiving night with all the toys I wanted and didn't have to deal with the electronics customers or frenzy.

If Kmart stays true to their tradition, they will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 6AM to 6PM for the T-Day deals, close, and then reopen again at 5AM BF morning.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:19 am

nikkigirl01 wrote:I love the earlier hours/staggered sales. Last year I was out of Walmart by 8:30 Thanksgiving night with all the toys I wanted and didn't have to deal with the electronics customers or frenzy.

If Kmart stays true to their tradition, they will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 6AM to 6PM for the T-Day deals, close, and then reopen again at 5AM BF morning.

I think some of the super centers, are still open 24 hours
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

happy
Black Friday Newbie

Postby happy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 am

What time do you guys have Thanksgiving? There is no way I can be at Walmart that early.... :(

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:22 am

happy wrote:What time do you guys have Thanksgiving? There is no way I can be at Walmart that early.... :(

Thanksgiving for me since the 70's as a kid has always been around noon-1pm only a few times was it a tiny bit later. We eat the huge lunch and then have the rest the day to graze on leftovers.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:23 am

We start eating around 2 or 3 and graze into the night.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

happy
Black Friday Newbie

Postby happy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 am

I'm coming to your house! :) Just kidding.....our dinner usually starts at 6:30 or 7....... takes all day to cook

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:27 am

happy... This year we are doing our big meal on Wednesday due to my roommate's work schedule. Thursday will be movies/leftovers/etc.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:44 am

happy wrote:I'm coming to your house! :) Just kidding.....our dinner usually starts at 6:30 or 7....... takes all day to cook

we start cooking about 5 am. something we can get ready the night before, but come on over more the better. Then we can stop at your house for evening meal :smile:
Hester, Pat

Andy Rooney

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 am

happy wrote:I'm coming to your house! :) Just kidding.....our dinner usually starts at 6:30 or 7....... takes all day to cook

We always have plenty of food,

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 am

lwmjr wrote:

Looks like we will have to have the Official Bfads buffet at everyone house stop each person house eat than head to the next one.
Hester, Pat

Andy Rooney

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:12 am

ikey2 wrote:
lwmjr wrote:

Looks like we will have to have the Official Bfads buffet at everyone house stop each person house eat than head to the next one.

I don't move very far on TDay, I got TV's in nine different rooms. You all just have to come here.

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:00 pm

happy wrote:What time do you guys have Thanksgiving? There is no way I can be at Walmart that early.... :(

We always have our dinner at around 1pm. You could shop online...I did TRU, Kohl's, etc. last year and didn't have any problems with doorbusters being out of stock.

Return to “Retail Stores”