JC Penney snow globes back in 2013

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

JC Penney snow globes back in 2013

Postby Shopper X » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 pm

JC Penney posted on their Twitter feed that snow globes will be back this year!

https://twitter.com/jcpenney/status/389159545949675520
JCPenney ‏@jcpenney

They’re back! Get your free snow globe on #BlackFriday in store, while supplies last. #jcpListens pic.twitter.com/1t85JX5Fg4

3:44 PM - 12 Oct 13

You can follow the entire story here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/sapna/jc-penney ... y-appeased

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: JC Penney snow globes back in 2013

Postby lwmjr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Arg! Why was it posted in "Off Topic"? I don't usually look at that forum, under the assumption that no Black Friday talk would be there and all Black Friday talk would be here instead.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Sorry, we were not allowed to play in this section. :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 pm

The button thread was on the OT. Good to see this one in the proper forum. I expect the weekly ad (which comes in some Sunday newspapers) for October 27- November 2 to have the 2012 snow globe claim "coupon" so collectors won't have a gap in their collections.

The button thread was the only one open so I posted my original 4-1-1 pertaining to the globes there.

Happy shopping everyone. Forty-three more days til the madness begins. Whoo-hoo.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Vols44 wrote:The button thread was on the OT. Good to see this one in the proper forum. I expect the weekly ad (which comes in some Sunday newspapers) for October 27- November 2 to have the 2012 snow globe claim "coupon" so collectors won't have a gap in their collections.

The button thread was the only one open so I posted my original 4-1-1 pertaining to the globes there.

Happy shopping everyone. Forty-three more days til the madness begins. Whoo-hoo.

You won't see anything in the paper. GE Capital is the ones supplying the snow globes for 2012, and only a select few platinum JCP card members received the passbook in the mail. The rest of us are SOL.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Vols44 wrote:The button thread was on the OT. Good to see this one in the proper forum. I expect the weekly ad (which comes in some Sunday newspapers) for October 27- November 2 to have the 2012 snow globe claim "coupon" so collectors won't have a gap in their collections.

I don't know which is worse, the buttons fiasco itself, or pretending that the snow globes really happened and applying the fix retroactively.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 pm

And although the JC Penney spokesperson listed the late start times as a detriment, they have confusingly decided to give away their Disney Snow Globes at 4am on Black Friday - 8 full hours after the start of their Black Friday sale. Do they expect shoppers to leave and come back? Or do they expect a second wave of shoppers when they release the snow globes?

per the Bfads homepage. Gah they bring back the snowglobes and make us have to go back out to get hours after the start time..
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm

ikey2 wrote:And although the JC Penney spokesperson listed the late start times as a detriment, they have confusingly decided to give away their Disney Snow Globes at 4am on Black Friday - 8 full hours after the start of their Black Friday sale. Do they expect shoppers to leave and come back? Or do they expect a second wave of shoppers when they release the snow globes?

per the Bfads homepage. Gah they bring back the snowglobes and make us have to go back out to get hours after the start time..

That has to be one of the most unrealistic expectations ever put out by a major retailer. It will go down as a massive failure unless corrected immediately.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:36 pm

If you want to shop for the deals on T day evening go in and shop without carrying around a globe all night. I expect there to be many on hand after 4am so don't get your socks in a kink about globes on a delayed release. Other store have different sales and time and people love it.

Let's see what's in the add before we throw out the baby with the bath water.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Looks like people will have to get their early in order to claim them. I got some in the past when JCPenney opened BF early morning but I wonder how it will be with them opening up on Thanksgiving night now?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm

jediknight wrote:Looks like people will have to get their early in order to claim them. I got some in the past when JCPenney opened BF early morning but I wonder how it will be with them opening up on Thanksgiving night now?

look above - it says they aren't giving out the snowglobes until 4 am friday morning. most likely it's a way for them to bring people in during the early morning hours since a mass majority of the people will come in 8-midnight.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Long time/trusted associates will cart out the globes at 4am. Customers will get them at each entrance. There will be plenty on hand and every person will receive one. Management expects them to last three hours based on last years transactions.

Since the store will be open, many stores have mall/inside entrances and the amount of initial shoppers won't be in a big hurry, the traditional 4am time will be observed.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Vols44 wrote:Long time/trusted associates will cart out the globes at 4am. Customers will get them at each entrance. There will be plenty on hand and every person will receive one. Management expects them to last three hours based on last years transactions.

Since the store will be open, many stores have mall/inside entrances and the amount of initial shoppers won't be in a big hurry, the traditional 4am time will be observed.

How can they compare last year to this year? Last year they had those cheesy buttons. I know a LOT of people (myself included) who didn't even go to JCP because they didn't have the snow globes. People want snow globes, not buttons.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:29 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Vols44 wrote:Long time/trusted associates will cart out the globes at 4am. Customers will get them at each entrance. There will be plenty on hand and every person will receive one. Management expects them to last three hours based on last years transactions.

How can they compare last year to this year? Last year they had those cheesy buttons. I know a LOT of people (myself included) who didn't even go to JCP because they didn't have the snow globes. People want snow globes, not buttons.

they probably meant 'previous years'

Return to “Retail Stores”