Walmart's predicted release date

Moderator: lwmjr

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart's predicted release date

Postby nikkigirl01 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:04 am

I don't do DVD's or video games at Walmart....UNLESS...I can find them on the regular shelves. (I have had fantastic luck with this in the past...) In the WM I go to, that is the one area that is insane every year and I will not put myself at risk of not making it to my next store because I am in the emergency room.

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:20 am

nikkigirl01 wrote:I don't do DVD's or video games at Walmart....UNLESS...I can find them on the regular shelves. (I have had fantastic luck with this in the past...) In the WM I go to, that is the one area that is insane every year and I will not put myself at risk of not making it to my next store because I am in the emergency room.

:lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:09 pm

bfaddict wrote:our walmart is super strict and you can't hardly touch the items before the time they're on sale :(
seriously they have people standing guard to yell at you.

i believe last year they even made lines for the DVDs and games. they would only let about 5 people go at a time to the pallet to get what they wanted.

This is how my walmart is too

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Thirty-three posts and only two date predictions. It was part of the thread title. Maybe this one should merge with the other 99+ rant and rave ones in the Rant & Rave forum.

Bring on the positives or read and move on.
Last edited by Vols44 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MegaBlue
Black Friday Pro

Postby MegaBlue » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 pm

November 15th, two weeks out from Black Friday, to give you enough time to prepare and stock up on emergency medical supplies and SWAT armor to handle the crowds. Since most locations are being upconverted to 24-hour supercenter models, you can also pick the 15th to decide to move in and survive on Subway/(insert in-house restaurant here) and whatever you buy off the shelves for those remaining two weeks. Oh, and don't think that someone hasn't tried it by this point in time, because you just know that SOMEONE (not me) has tried before.

Also, they'll have the same $1-$3 'promotional' DVDs that they trot out every year, and some stores STILL have on the shelves from years past. I've found promo copies of ancient PS2 titles at my Walmart on their multipurpose clearance wall that still have the BF colored circle stickers on them as recently as last week. It's craziness!

How much are the Harry Potter films going to go for this year? $5 DVD/$8 Blu-ray, or less than that?

sasala1221
Black Friday Amateur

Postby sasala1221 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Please snow !!!

sasala1221
Black Friday Amateur

Postby sasala1221 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Lol, I just noticed it states I'm a blk Friday armature ? ( Under user name on left of site ) Lol, I'm a stay up all night, maps loaded expresso ready machine I don't sleep. I'm on a mission straight up black ops stuff.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:55 pm

hoping it will be around the 10th this year
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Last year it was out around my birthday and I expect it might be a little earlier this year since they are already getting their merch in so I'm predicting sometime late next week.
BF nut in training!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:06 am

I did Wii games at WM last year and OMG it was insane! People weren't even looking to see what games they were grabbing, they just grabbed! Then they'd set them down on the other shelves instead of putting them back on the game display. I actually took time to see what I was grabbing! I did get what I wanted tho' but came close to not finding it in time!

I won't go after games unless it's a really great deal.

Towels are crazy at WM lol I am planning to get towels <to replace the many we ruined with the house repairs we've been doing>, so I am sure I will get caught in that craze!

Hopefully they won't be such a pita about getting the ad out there. I know it's a competition, but for those of us that need to 'plan' our spending, it's nice to get it sooner rather than later.

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:39 am

Hopefully early, I never go there too, too crazy for my tastes

On the Hunt for Great Deals!

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Walmart shocks everybody and officially releases their ad the week of November 4. :lol: :lol:

Nah, they won't do that. But I do expect it before the 14th as mentioned. With more and more stores rolling into Thursday, everybody is jockeying for position to shoppers. Release it early, make it a big ad, and everybody will flock.

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I haven't been to a Walmart in months,
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm looking forward to saving a scan of a pirated copy of the ad before their lawyers send Bfads an C & I and make the masses wait til the Sunday before BF to get it as part of their local newspaper. If WM wants people to salivate til 11-24 I'd like to see a copy a week ahead of that (if not more).

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:24 am

lwmjr wrote:I haven't been to a Walmart in months,

I go only when I have too. Lately more than other times because WM is usually next to Lowes lol

Return to “Retail Stores”