That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Re: Walmart's predicted release date

Postby lwmjr » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:51 pm

count me in :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't even attempt Walmart in my area anymore. With the crazy times they do, at least in my area, it becomes a train wreck. I have been there and seen the aftermath and had discussions with many of the employees.

I don't know if they are doing it this year, but I normally love their pre-BF sales as they offer some pretty good doorbuster style items for decent prices without having to go through the hassle. Also, their online if it is working has come through for me as well.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:36 pm

My fave part was I was standing in front of a TV DVD pallet for over an hour. And they open it, and I'm looking what else to grab, and you people behind you who just came up within 5 minutes yelling at you "you ave to move, you can't just stay there". Uh, screw u and yes I can. I made sure that the peeps who were waiting as long as me got what they wanted too.

If you want the TV seasons, u gotta get them quick. Reg DVDs will be there all morning.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:48 am

LOL I remember the snowstorm! That was so much fun, haha :) We need another one!

I usually do hit walmart up first. There is one on the northside of the city nearest to us, and there aren't any other big stores around it. It's busy, but not as bad as the other WM's. Get done there, and usually rush to the southeast side of town to Kmart. I try to avoid the mall/target/Meijer, it's a traffic nightmare.

Paladen
Black Friday Pro

Postby Paladen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am

Looking for a nice snowstorm myself. :)

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

"What the heck are all of these people talking about snowstorms for?" -Anonymous new person, 2013

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:00 pm

We have 3 different Walmarts here and I hit the one on my side of town...the popular one is by the mall and all the other big stores--TRU, Target. BB..etc. I usually get stuff from those stores online. The crowds show up late (BF beginners I believe) and I'm already sitting at the check out with a soda waiting for 8pm. Oh how fun it is to watch the newbies frantically run.

Snow....what is that? LOL....we've only had a small dusting that more or less looked like a snowman fart :lol: I love snow!! I want some--please blow it our way.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:06 pm

our walmart is super strict and you can't hardly touch the items before the time they're on sale :(
seriously they have people standing guard to yell at you.

i believe last year they even made lines for the DVDs and games. they would only let about 5 people go at a time to the pallet to get what they wanted.

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

LarandaW wrote:We have 3 different Walmarts here and I hit the one on my side of town...the popular one is by the mall and all the other big stores--TRU, Target. BB..etc. I usually get stuff from those stores online. The crowds show up late (BF beginners I believe) and I'm already sitting at the check out with a soda waiting for 8pm. Oh how fun it is to watch the newbies frantically run.

Snow....what is that? LOL....we've only had a small dusting that more or less looked like a snowman fart :lol: I love snow!! I want some--please blow it our way.

:lol: I made a lot of snowmen, never seen one fart. :lol: :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

bfaddict wrote:our walmart is super strict and you can't hardly touch the items before the time they're on sale :(

i believe last year they even made lines for the DVDs and games. they would only let about 5 people go at a time to the pallet to get what they wanted.

Ours was very laid back and let the few of us there load up (all obvious veterans). It was very "quiet" and neatly done.

Your store is smart for the DVD & Games...that is one area I WILL NOT venture to when the crowds come in. It's a danger zone....people are beyond aggressive and I admire your store for trying to keep order.

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread...but when I dropped the kid off a work I saw them!!!! The BF Merchandise Pods have been dropped!!! Hopefully they can unload soon and the kid can tell me something.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Our Walmart is strict about opening the pallets at the exact time.

Hopefully Walmart doesn't do those cheap phones this year. We were standing in line for the iPads and heard a huge commotion. I've been trolling YouTube for videos and its just insane. Definitely glad I'm in a more rural area.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:27 pm

I love our Walmart. They usually open pallets about 1-2 hours early, and allow people to checkout and leave early, which is GREAT!! No chaos really either. Very laid back. The joy of living in a small town. :)

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:31 am

LarandaW wrote:
bfaddict wrote:our walmart is super strict and you can't hardly touch the items before the time they're on sale :(

Ours was very laid back and let the few of us there load up (all obvious veterans). It was very "quiet" and neatly done.

Your store is smart for the DVD & Games...that is one area I WILL NOT venture to when the crowds come in. It's a danger zone....people are beyond aggressive and I admire your store for trying to keep order.

omg i know!!! i did the dvds at walmart 2 years ago and i don't think i will ever do it again. actually i did it 2 and 3 years ago. the first year i did it, it was awesome. they let us grab the movies we wanted and stand there until it was time. (or you could stash them under something and head out) 2 years ago. nope. you could not touch them. it was a freaking MAD HOUSE when they finally said it was time. i felt bad for the poor worker who didn't speak english standing in the middle of it all. i was like maybe 10 feet from my friends and had the hardest time getting out of that area.

Return to “Retail Stores”