Walmart Black Friday Ad

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart Black Friday Ad

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 am

candycanegirl wrote:I can cross this one off my list too. Skylanders is the cheapest I've seen it, but I'll gladly pay $10 more to walk in & out of Gamestop in 5 minutes.

My comments are based on the configuration at most of my local stores. A crush of younger people will cram into and out of one set of double doors while grabbing everything they want to keep or flip. If the half price Skylanders starter pack is perceived to be a hot item the limited quantities at a small inventory place like Gamestop will dry up in less than the WM guarantee hour.

Let me know how your shopping experience turns out.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:20 am

lwmjr wrote:
lovebf wrote:No one has mentioned anything about that HP computer. What do you all think?

Not a fan of HP myself, but which of the five are you referring to :?:

Ditto, I viewed the 278 on pg 1, 178 on pg 18, mystery lappy on 22.5, 388 on 23 and a 348 desktop on 23.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 am

my laptop just recently crash but I have the ability to take my work computer home (which is nice) but if i didn't have that option I would most definitely be getting one of those HPs.

taragriffis
Black Friday Pro

Postby taragriffis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:15 am

Not impressed with the small selection of boys toys this year :(

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:27 pm

taragriffis wrote:Not impressed with the small selection of boys toys this year :(

that's not where you find the boy toys :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:58 pm

candycanegirl wrote:I can cross this one off my list too. Skylanders is the cheapest I've seen it, but I'll gladly pay $10 more to walk in & out of Gamestop in 5 minutes.

its in the sams ad as well and says it will be available online at 10pm WED
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

e_special83
Black Friday Newbie

Postby e_special83 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Does anyone know how Walmart does the gift cards? I'm want to get the iPad Mini deal with the $100 but have heard it takes a few weeks to get a card from them. I've only ever dealt with Target for stuff like this and curious as to if it is the same with Walmart.

Scott_CT
Black Friday Pro

Postby Scott_CT » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:45 am

Gareee wrote:FWIW, the white gopro listed at walmart is years old, and doesn't even have wifi built in. Its better to spend more at best buy, and get the current model.

Also the LCD Touch BacPac that they have for $59 on BF is currently $49.83 at REI. I bought one last night. I will have to get into WM to see how they have things packaged because I am in the market for some mounts and the flat and curved mounts generally come together but WM has them listed individually (together it is a better price than normal, but separately not so good)

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:46 pm

steffj89 wrote:

I might try that. Our Gamestop is never busy on BF - I've been there twice before & been one of a handful in the store. But Bath & Body Works opens at the same time as Gamestop, and I'd rather be over there.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:13 pm

candycanegirl wrote:
steffj89 wrote:

I might try that. Our Gamestop is never busy on BF - I've been there twice before & been one of a handful in the store. But Bath & Body Works opens at the same time as Gamestop, and I'd rather be over there.

I agree with you on that one =)

az1wyldcat
Black Friday Amateur

Postby az1wyldcat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Last year I got it all online. It was not exciting :( But I got all the doorbuster items I wanted. Just went to the store for little things later in the next morning.[/quote]

When you buy doorbusters online do you check thoughout the day or at 6 pm?

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:43 pm

If an item is part of the 6pm sale but isn't very popular, is the 6pm price still good at say 7am Friday? The ad does say "while supplies last"...

ecarey731
Black Friday Newbie

Postby ecarey731 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Question - and i am sorry if it has been answered!
Is there a way to know what items will be available online (Disney infinity for example) I am usually a go to the store person but there is no way I can be there at 6pm so want to do some online shopping before heading out. Thanks!!!

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:09 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:If an item is part of the 6pm sale but isn't very popular, is the 6pm price still good at say 7am Friday? The ad does say "while supplies last"...

Pretty sure it's all weekend.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:37 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:If an item is part of the 6pm sale but isn't very popular, is the 6pm price still good at say 7am Friday? The ad does say "while supplies last"...

I've seen BF no sellers placed at end caps all weekend for the same price. My guess is it isn't part of the future floorplan so They'll stage it to sell since another item took it's regular shelf spot.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”