Walmart Black Friday Ad

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart Black Friday Ad

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:55 pm

i would imagine with Wolverine it will be one of those stupid prepurchase deals they have started running in the last year.
steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:05 pm

HDDVDFan wrote:Did anyone notice that in the blu ray movie sale it shows "The Wolverine" That movie doesn't come out until Dec 3rd. Is WM going to sell it early or is it a misprint?

Misprint. I swung by Walmart this morning and showed them. Manager said it got put in as a placeholder but it probably won't be in the actual print version. She said if it does make it, they will put the classic "Dear Customer" signs up at the doors.

Gareee
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Gareee » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:30 pm

FWIW, the white gopro listed at walmart is years old, and doesn't even have wifi built in. Its better to spend more at best buy, and get the current model.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

happyfan wrote:
HDDVDFan wrote:Did anyone notice that in the blu ray movie sale it shows "The Wolverine" That movie doesn't come out until Dec 3rd. Is WM going to sell it early or is it a misprint?

Misprint. I swung by Walmart this morning and showed them. Manager said it got put in as a placeholder but it probably won't be in the actual print version. She said if it does make it, they will put the classic "Dear Customer" signs up at the doors.

mystery solved, good detective work :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 pm

I just saw a commercial for WM it was a BF commercial and they clearly stated on the commercial that they have everything online on their web sight taht will be on sale on BF. Is this the first year they have done that before the offical flyer release??

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Some excellent information in this thread. The G card will be issued for 60 minutes and the customer will get an e-mail to pick it up at a later time and date. A wristband means the customer will walk out the door that night/day since the number of bands issued will be equal to the number of items on hand.

Event 1 has a lot of attention grabbers. The 688 smart TV and 100 dollar gift card for the ipad are outstanding. The grill and dirt devil are very nice buys. The 9.44 coffee maker will be in my cart at 3:30pm.

Event 2 items that leap off the page are:

-Beats by Dr. Dre have never been less than 199 so 114.95 is fantastic

-even if it's the original Roku 39 is a nice price.

-last year external hard drives were 99.99 so the Toshiba for 54 is a slick deal

-I'm not an Apple fanboy, but a 75 buck gift card will cover many expenses

Event 3 comments:

-not looking at a contract phone so the present deals seem meh, remember many .97 phones last year

-beware of the limited sizes for the tires; the prices are competitive

-some of the Keurig's are 98 bucks elsewhere this week

Page 25 looks like a resumption of event 2 (again). Observations:

-the Verizon no contract phone is okay, the Samsung S3 with straight talk is meh because I'm expecting 249 (or less elsewhere), the Otter boxes are a good price

-the Pill portable speakers are lower than most since it is a relatively new item

-the Shop Vac is half price so buy a back up

Like it or not, discount hot items like this store and the people will come. I'll be in the middle of things to pick up a few, will you?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:37 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:I just saw a commercial for WM it was a BF commercial and they clearly stated on the commercial that they have everything online on their web sight taht will be on sale on BF. Is this the first year they have done that before the offical flyer release??

Like most people I will be reading the fine print multiple times to get things straight. I do remember a mention of online shopping on Cyber Monday. As we also all know an item on hand is much better than an ordered one while crossing fingers and toes it's not canceled.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Vols44 wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:I just saw a commercial for WM it was a BF commercial and they clearly stated on the commercial that they have everything online on their web sight taht will be on sale on BF. Is this the first year they have done that before the offical flyer release??

Like most people I will be reading the fine print multiple times to get things straight. I do remember a mention of online shopping on Cyber Monday. As we also all know an item on hand is much better than an ordered one while crossing fingers and toes it's not canceled.

Maybe I was misunderstood the commercial was basically just saying go online and look at what is going to be on sale on black friday not that its online sales just you can see the stuff now. Pretty much the flyer is out and you can look at it.

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Vols44 wrote:

Maybe I was misunderstood the commercial was basically just saying go online and look at what is going to be on sale on black friday not that its online sales just you can see the stuff now. Pretty much the flyer is out and you can look at it.

stacykay4
Black Friday Pro

Postby stacykay4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Reminder, if looking for a TV this year, check on,one on Thanksgiving Morning. If it says not available/sold out, refresh or check back. Last year we ordered ours online and we kept checking, and it kept showing available/sold out online. So keep in mind. I think this helped from keeping Walmart.com from crashing. Ordering online beat having to stand in line last year.

And we got 2 of the Vizio 60" for $688 last year (same ones this yr). and they work wonderfully.

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 am

I can cross this one off my list too. Skylanders is the cheapest I've seen it, but I'll gladly pay $10 more to walk in & out of Gamestop in 5 minutes.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:18 am

shanyo76 wrote:So no need to camp out for a hot ticket item? Just waltz in at 6 pm and get a Guarantee Card? Lol. That works for me!

I guess as long as there isn't an hour long line.
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 am

Last year I got it all online. It was not exciting :( But I got all the doorbuster items I wanted. Just went to the store for little things later in the next morning.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 am

No one has mentioned anything about that HP computer. What do you all think?

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:09 am

lovebf wrote:No one has mentioned anything about that HP computer. What do you all think?

Not a fan of HP myself, but which of the five are you referring to :?:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”