Target Black Friday Ad

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Target Black Friday Ad

Postby Vols44 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 pm

The Beats by Dr. Dre are a little less at WM, but it's still a nice price. The contract and no contract phones are worth a look. Cameras and gift cards are all over the place. The xbox w/Kinect is as low as I've seen. The Holmes portable heater is 50% off. Three to five dollar P.J.'s are worth a late morning trip. Ditto the bogo on wrapping paper.

mommyof4kids
Black Friday Pro

Postby mommyof4kids » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:29 am

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else... Does anyone know if Target hands out tickets for the big items or is it a free for all? I always camp out with my teenagers at best buy but that fifty inch at Target really has their attention.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:31 am

I think Target is just a mad dash :lol:, I didn't go there until later last year, :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 am

My experience mad dash that turns into a line at electronics but mad dash at toys with no line grab it and go.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 am

Target still makes you wait outside, correct?

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

Agree on the mad dash/snooze or lose scenario. We have one store nearby. On a compass the doors are at the SE, toys far NE corner and electronics N. Food section occupies most of the W with registers in the S & SW.

Bottle necking, flying elbows, sprinters, unpolitness, waiting, anxiety and anger will be the watchwords of their sales. Beware of their return policies as well.

at630
Black Friday Pro

Postby at630 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:54 am

My personal experience with Target for the last 2 yrs: we line up outside and they let people in 20 at a time with a 10 second break between each group. This works EXTREMELY well and really seems to reduce the crazyness. No pushing, no shoving, no running, no trampling. If you get there early enough to be towards the front of the line, you get what you need and get to the registers BEFORE the obnoxious late-comer/elbowing/fighting types even get into the store.

I really love going to my Target on BF, but I don't think there's anything in this years ad that will draw me in. Of course, I also have no idea what's on my shopping list yet because everyone waits until the last minute to tell me what they would like for Christmas :roll:

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 am

pandagirl wrote:Target still makes you wait outside, correct?

yes, as far as I know, its not a 24/7 store
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am

mommyof4kids wrote:Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else... Does anyone know if Target hands out tickets for the big items or is it a free for all? I always camp out with my teenagers at best buy but that fifty inch at Target really has their attention.

the target I usually go to does.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:52 am

at630 wrote:My personal experience with Target for the last 2 yrs: we line up outside and they let people in 20 at a time with a 10 second break between each group. This works EXTREMELY well and really seems to reduce the crazyness. No pushing, no shoving, no running, no trampling. If you get there early enough to be towards the front of the line, you get what you need and get to the registers BEFORE the obnoxious late-comer/elbowing/fighting types even get into the store.

I really love going to my Target on BF, but I don't think there's anything in this years ad that will draw me in. Of course, I also have no idea what's on my shopping list yet because everyone waits until the last minute to tell me what they would like for Christmas :roll:

the one i go to does the same. we have like 6+ targets in town and my friend and i usually go to one of the smaller ones, which works out well for us. we can get there about 30-45 min before and not be too far back in line. they let so many people in at first and then they wait until people leave. we are usually able to get in with the first group. in and out in about 15 min.

this year might be different for me because i'm going to an area that has like 2 targets =/

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:55 pm

A few years ago I purchased an Xbox 360 that came with a gift card. They activated the card and I was able to hand it to my wife behind me in line to use. I wonder if Target will do the same this year? I heard someone say it was 6 hours before they could used their gift card from last year. I heard another person say their Target let them use it on the same purchase last year.

tashicon
Black Friday Pro

Postby tashicon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:57 pm

The one I went to last year did tickets, I moved about 40 minutes away, I am nervous about this year because I
really want that 50" TV. do you think if I get there at 2 I'll be Ok?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Targets gift cards are usually active immediately. TRU makes you wait 6 hours
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

TitansFan
Black Friday Pro

Postby TitansFan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm

steffj89 wrote:Targets gift cards are usually active immediately. TRU makes you wait 6 hours

Thanks!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 pm

tashicon wrote:The one I went to last year did tickets, I moved about 40 minutes away, I am nervous about this year because I
really want that 50" TV. do you think if I get there at 2 I'll be Ok?

how many targets are in your area??

either way i think by 2 you definitely should be ok. target lines aren't as hardcore as best buy.

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”