Walgreens Black Friday Ad

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walgreens

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm reminding myself this for T day only. Another ad will come out for BF. Sad the best Walgreens deal of all time ($5 bottle of Tide) isn't in the ad. The b1g2f and bogos rule the day. Lots of low ticket items to stack up on. Not a bad effort for a one day, pre BF sale.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 am

Vols44 wrote:I'm reminding myself this for T day only. Another ad will come out for BF. Sad the best Walgreens deal of all time ($5 bottle of Tide) isn't in the ad. The b1g2f and bogos rule the day. Lots of low ticket items to stack up on. Not a bad effort for a one day, pre BF sale.

I *think* this ad is for both days...

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 am

CVS here is Wags big rival and I'm curious if they might hold the Tide deal this year. I think last year they had a really good deal; this year not so much. Not even alot of balance reward points either which they have seemed to try to cram down our throats for the past months. I haven't compared coupons with any of them yet but hoping CVS looks more inticing.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:45 pm

I really like buying wrapping paper but I always have to stop myself since I have no one to shop for (and therefore, no presents to wrap). It's sad... I think the last thing I wrapped was a bunch of empty boxes to put under my Christmas tree as "props". Got any good ideas for other things to do with pretty paper? I have some wrapping paper that is probably at least 5 years old...

On another note -- about CVS being Walgreens big rival -- We almost got a CVS here, but the zoning commission didn't want to let them build their store in the site they picked out. I don't know why they would want a location DIRECTLY across the street from Walgreens though... I mean if you already have prescriptions with Walgreens, you wouldn't gain anything (like convenience) by switching to a store on the other side of the street... Guess that's why I wasn't a business major...

One last thought -- every time I see something for the baseball team Washington Nationals I think of Walgreens...

Okay that's enough wrapping paper / walgreens / cvs rambling :)

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 pm

We have a Walgreens across the street from a CVS near me. The CVS here sucks big time though, every time there is a problem, but my insurance only let me get prescriptions from there, which was awful.

The Walgreens is so much better, and at least their Redbox works, unlike the one at CVS, which is broken most times.

There was my rant for the day!!

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm

nikkigirl01 wrote:
Vols44 wrote:I'm reminding myself this for T day only. Another ad will come out for BF. Sad the best Walgreens deal of all time ($5 bottle of Tide) isn't in the ad. The b1g2f and bogos rule the day. Lots of low ticket items to stack up on. Not a bad effort for a one day, pre BF sale.

I *think* this ad is for both days...

I must have viewed the wrong version. The top of the first page says Thurs. 11/28 only.

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Walgreens/Ad

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:35 am

The Walgreens adscan contains pages for two different sales. The first 2 and last 2 pages are for Thursday only. The rest are for Thursday through Saturday.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walgreens Black Friday Ad

Postby Vols44 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Upon further review the first and last pages of the flier due out on Sunday, November 24th pertain to Tday and act as a wrap around of the Fri & Sat parent ad.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

CVS and walgreens always build next to each other. There used to be another one that did the same thing but they went out of business.

this will be the first year we will have CVS for black friday and i won't be here :( one was just built not far from my house too!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:43 pm

bfaddict wrote:CVS and walgreens always build next to each other. There used to be another one that did the same thing but they went out of business.

this will be the first year we will have CVS for black friday and i won't be here :( one was just built not far from my house too!

are you thinking about Revco :?:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:47 pm

nope...it was like drug something... drugco....drug town....?
i think =/

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Osco drug i think!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:50 pm

never heard of those folks, must have been a local chain
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:51 pm

bfaddict wrote:nope...it was like drug something... drugco....drug town....?
i think =/

Detroit? :lol:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 pm

haha we do have a local grocery store that has some smaller locations called hyvee drug town lol

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”