Best Buy Black Friday Ad

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

at630
Black Friday Pro

Re: Best Buy Black Friday Ad

Postby at630 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 am

I might shop online if I absolutely have to, but I use the Shopkick rewards app and have to make purchases in-store to get my reward points. They usually have big "walk-in" bonus points on BF too, so I'll have to AT LEAST walk into the store at some point on Thur/Fri. Might as well kill two birds and get my goods while I'm there. 8)

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm

One item easy to miss is the Logitech Harmony Universal remote on page 6. Got one last year (for same price I believe) and it has been great. You hook it up to your computer and click on the devices you have and it programs the remote. If you read the reviews this is one of the highest rated universal remotes out there for a fraction of the price of some of the more complicated and harder to use ones.

Because there has been some speculation that they were going to discontinue this model and replace it with an all-touchscreen thing with no physical buttons, I am probably going to pick on up as a spare for the one i have now.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I like the xbox bundle. Unless I get it online there is no way to get near a BB here, the lines start Weds.
surrounded by college students......ugh......
Ya'll think there would be a chance of getting this xbox bundle later in the night? I am going to go to a store
that may not be as busy as he rest and see if I can work a deal with store Manager.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm

midmofan wrote:One item easy to miss is the Logitech Harmony Universal remote on page 6. Got one last year (for same price I believe) and it has been great. You hook it up to your computer and click on the devices you have and it programs the remote. If you read the reviews this is one of the highest rated universal remotes out there for a fraction of the price of some of the more complicated and harder to use ones.

Because there has been some speculation that they were going to discontinue this model and replace it with an all-touchscreen thing with no physical buttons, I am probably going to pick on up as a spare for the one i have now.

ooooo very interesting! i will have to check that out. I have 3 remotes and really it's kind of a pain in the butt.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm

angelmse wrote:I like the xbox bundle. Unless I get it online there is no way to get near a BB here, the lines start Weds.
Ya'll think there would be a chance of getting this xbox bundle later in the night? I am going to go to a store
that may not be as busy as he rest and see if I can work a deal with store Manager.

obviously we won't know for sure until they do like the elite sale or whatever, but in looking at the ad, the fine print on the bottom of most pages says that doorbusters on pg 1 and 2 and the last page are in store only and quantity limited. Last year there were several 360 bundles to be had through out the weekend, I am truly hoping this is the case this year as well.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 pm

bfaddict wrote:
midmofan wrote:One item easy to miss is the Logitech Harmony Universal remote on page 6. Got one last year (for same price I believe) and it has been great. You hook it up to your computer and click on the devices you have and it programs the remote. If you read the reviews this is one of the highest rated universal remotes out there for a fraction of the price of some of the more complicated and harder to use ones.

ooooo very interesting! i will have to check that out. I have 3 remotes and really it's kind of a pain in the butt.

It's a good remote. 1saleaday had this remote earlier in the year for around $25. I use it to control my surround sound, bluray, TV, and fan.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
bfaddict wrote:

It's a good remote. 1saleaday had this remote earlier in the year for around $25. I use it to control my surround sound, bluray, TV, and fan.

Wish I had seen that 1saleaday offer, but if it was on there, even more likely it is set to be discontinued

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 pm

will that remote work on a digital tv box from the cable company??

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 pm

my brother has one of the logitech ones that is all touch screen. i HATE that thing with a passion.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

midmofan wrote:
Wish I had seen that 1saleaday offer, but if it was on there, even more likely it is set to be discontinued

Honestly, it may of even been last year when it was on there. I don't remember, I've had it a while and got it from 1saleaday. I too thought it'd be discontinued but apparently it's still kickin' in the market.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 pm

bfaddict wrote:will that remote work on a digital tv box from the cable company??

yup, have my tv, cable box, roku, blueray and soundbar all hooked up to it.

and the reviews I have seen pretty much agree with you, folks hate the all touchscreen ones, they just look cooler!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Added to my list!

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:09 am

angelmse wrote:I like the xbox bundle. Unless I get it online there is no way to get near a BB here, the lines start Weds.

With the new consoles arriving, I would say you are safe at getting it later. It's not that great of deal and most people that would buy one got one three to five years ago. The console has been out eight years. Plus, the PS3 package is a much better deal and Sony has that thing at every store.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:53 pm

thanks for all your input on my xbox . I think Im gonna do the gamestop deal at midnight.
I have a nice quiet gamestop real close to me, gonna go talk to manager and make sure he will have what I need.
Can't get close to a BB around here , they line upstarting Tuesday. Have tons of college kids to deal with here..ugh.....

Steffi,
you gonna do BB or gamestop for xbox?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:34 pm

BB if its online or if its in store after i hit target otherwise the manager at my gamestop said he would have plenty and honor their price all weekend
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Official Deal Announcements”