KY Shoppers?

Discuss Black Friday shopping and strategy with your neighbors.

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

KY Shoppers?

Postby azerigold » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Anyone on here shopping in KY? If so, where? What stores do you plan to go too?

I'm near Lexington, so that's where I plan to go. I usually hit up WM on the north side of town, since it's away from all the big shopping areas, then head over to Kmart on the southeast side of town <only one in town>.
We look to have some family over, so if anyone goes with me, I am not sure if we'll do any shopping after that or not.
If no one goes with us <us being my 2 oldest kids>, we may venture around for the full BF craze lol But we'll see!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Re: KY Shoppers?

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 am

I will be at TRU on Nicholasville Rd and Target across the street. However, Walmart is usually in Berea before we leave for Lexington. JCPenney, Kohls, and Meijer is Richmond... we are pretty much all over the area/two county area within a 24 hour period! Just don't usually make it your way except when pass by on the way to in laws! My kids always know they are close to grandma's when they see the Versailles castle.

PS I hate the Toys R Us parking situation it is the thing I dread most about shopping. It takes 30 minutes to get in and 40 to get out on BF!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Re: KY Shoppers?

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 pm

mechimpaired wrote:I will be at TRU on Nicholasville Rd and Target across the street. However, Walmart is usually in Berea before we leave for Lexington. JCPenney, Kohls, and Meijer is Richmond... we are pretty much all over the area/two county area within a 24 hour period! Just don't usually make it your way except when pass by on the way to in laws! My kids always know they are close to grandma's when they see the Versailles castle.

PS I hate the Toys R Us parking situation it is the thing I dread most about shopping. It takes 30 minutes to get in and 40 to get out on BF!

I'll be across from you at kmart at some point :) I try to stay on the Kmart side of Nicholasville rd. haha!

I love the castle, so awesome, I live about 10 minutes from there.

Since family is shopping with me this year, so far I think the plan will stay with Walmart on northside of town, and then Kmart. If I can't get some things at Kmart in Lexington, we may go to the one in Versailles.

Bundle up looks like it's going to be frigid!

Return to “Local Talk”