Does anyone do BF shopping in Ft. Myers?!!

Discuss Black Friday shopping and strategy with your neighbors.

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

MMarinucci21
Black Friday Pro

Does anyone do BF shopping in Ft. Myers?!!

Postby MMarinucci21 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I am going to be out of state for Thanksgiving, including BF. I will be staying in Ft. Myers Florida and wanted to know if anyone lives there or near that knows what stores are there, I have Googled and found a Toysrus and Walmart close by. Are there any stores i should check out, like a Tanger Outlet?My question is, what should I expect?! I've been BF shopping in Ohio for 12 years and have never been trampled or have had a bad experience and wasn't sure if the crowds are more crazy there or what not. Any tips would really help!!

nookmommy
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Does anyone do BF shopping in Ft. Myers?!!

Postby nookmommy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Sure.. no bad experiences and I would suggest a visit to miramar outlets. Tanger does something too but we had great success at Eddie Bauer at Miramar last year. We are a peeps lineup and wait all night at Walmart/Target kind of town. People will be tenting for about a week at Best Buy and Toys R US a couple of years ago was so insane that I won't go until later in the morning. They locked people inside to keep the next group from pushing in!

MMarinucci21
Black Friday Pro

Postby MMarinucci21 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am

Oh my goodness!! Well I think we are going to one of the outlets, thanks for the tip I will make sure I go there! My husband wants to go to Bass Pro Shops, we don't have one in ohio. I know I want to go to target, I think I will shop online for toysrus! I've never seen anyone camped out infront if a store before!! This will be an interesting trip!

nookmommy
Black Friday Amateur

Postby nookmommy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Oh my...3 or 4 years ago, I camped out all night at old navy to get the guitar game for my daughter's wii. She got on line at toys R us when it stretch all the way across the huge parking lot and was locked in by security. It was seriously afire code issue and she called me from inside the store. She bought what she wanted and go out of there fast!

I like miramar a lot. Great Disney discount store there, Neiman Marcus outlet, and Eddie Bower. The have a vera bradley and a coach store there too. Hmm.. the target line is usually pretty long but it depends on which Target. I usually do the one on Pine Island road in Cape Coral and have had good luck being there 4 hours ahead of opening but no idea what this year will be like.

I plan to do Sam's Club first to get a phone and don't care for much else except Sephora for my daughter and some cool trash cans at Home Depot..lol

Are you staying on Ft. Myers Beach? Is there anything specific you are looking for?

nookmommy
Black Friday Amateur

Postby nookmommy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:45 pm

LOL.. we love Bass Pro shops!! Down the street from Miramar!

MMarinucci21
Black Friday Pro

Postby MMarinucci21 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:46 am

Well I will be going to miramar then! I really don't know what I'm looking for LOL! I'm shopping online at Toysrus for my son he has to have Skylanders swap force game but that's really all he cares about. I've never shopped at an outlet on BF so I'm really excited. I'm all over the Disney store! We went in June and while we where there we checked out an outlet close by and their disney outlet store wasn't the greatest. Do u know if miramar has a Crocs store? I'm hoping to hit big at the coach and bath an body works stores.

My aunt has a condo in ft myers, This will be my first time there so I'm not exactly sure where it's at. I do know she said its 20 minutes to Sanibel and 10-15 minutes to the beach.

nookmommy
Black Friday Amateur

Postby nookmommy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:36 pm

I believe the croc outlet is in the tanger outlet which is probably quite close to where you will be staying..

OMG..so many choices!!! Personally, I usually hit the Columbia outlet too.. they have great sales usually if you can fight off the German tourists...lol

MMarinucci21
Black Friday Pro

Postby MMarinucci21 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 am

Oh my, fighting Germans!! Hahaha!! I'll definitely be prepared to fight for stuff!! Yea I'm so excited to shop at an outlet this year!

Return to “Local Talk”