Anyone from the worcester, MA area?

Discuss Black Friday shopping and strategy with your neighbors.

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

cheapshoppingmama
Black Friday Amateur

Anyone from the worcester, MA area?

Postby cheapshoppingmama » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Thinking of hitting up TRU on BF and am wondering how the line is before it opens? Specifically, the one in Auburn, MA.

Been to the one in Woburn, Ma a few years ago and it wasn't bad it all.

Thanks!

ameize
Black Friday Pro

Re: Anyone from the worcester, MA area?

Postby ameize » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:37 pm

HELLO! I am on the MA/RI border. I don't go to that TRU - but I would love to hear about it afterwards. The TRU near me to is a flippin' madhouse from the get go (in North Attleboro) - the line wraps through every aisle and takes hours (plus it is so hard to actually shop!). I won't go there for BF shopping - it is just not worth it, IMO. But a friend goes to the Woburn one and it is very easy, like you say. Auburn isn't super far from me - if your store isn't crazy, I may have to make a note for next year. ;)

Do you ever go to the Shoppes at Blackstone Valley? I'm wondering how they are on BF.

cheapshoppingmama
Black Friday Amateur

Postby cheapshoppingmama » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Just moved to the area so I won't be of much help in regards to the Blackstone Valley shoppes on BF though I LOVE that plaza and I think its the best in the area so I imagine it will be busy. It has both a Target and Bestbuy just a few doors down from each other also...

Will report back if we end up heading to TRU

rosie0815
Black Friday Pro

Postby rosie0815 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Im from north central Massachusetts near Fitchburg and our TRU in Leominster is a nightmare...its the one store I avoid first thing...they are always terribly organized there...too few registers and not enough line space throughout ....and generally speaking if you purchase from the video game section./ electronics...you have to wait at the single register to cash out....I know that ours has recently remodeled so lets home that changes the black Friday experience somewhat!

key51697
Black Friday Amateur

Postby key51697 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi! I too am from RI/Ma boarder. I avoid N. Attleboro and the whole area up there. I agree that it is a mad house!

ameize
Black Friday Pro

Postby ameize » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:08 am

Rosie - that is my experience at TRU too. Why can't they get their act together?! The tend to have some pretty decent deals leading up to BF though - an if you just shop the deals and use their coupons, it can still work out pretty good there. I wish I could have a goo BF experience there too - but every year I've tried, I've regretted it. But I know lots of other TRUs are OK - which just bugs me even more about ours in North Attleboro.

Key - I bet we are really close to each other! I don't mind route 1 in North Attleboro for many things -but there are certain stores there I won't go near on BF (TRU and Walmart over there being 2 of them). I've had good luck at Macy's, JCP and Sears there as well as Michaels, BBB and Xmas Tree. My favorite Target in the area is in Plainville (for BF and all the time!). Sometimes I will go to Smithfield Crossing on BF - it just depends what I need. They have a Kohls there, but I like the one in Mansfield too. I used to go to Walpole for BF, but now with these other shopping areas popping up, I haven't been in a couple of years. Where are some of your favorite areas to go on BF?

rosie0815
Black Friday Pro

Postby rosie0815 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 pm

yes I pretty much go to toys r us for videogames at this point and dvds because my children are all 20+ now....but I have a lot of great nieces and nephews that I love to shop for and its just a bummer that in all these years they still haven't figured it out yet....The BEST and most ORGANIZED store that I've ever been to on black Friday is still Circuit City back in the days when they existed that is...everything was like a well oiled machine there!

Return to “Local Talk”