Anyone from Roanoke VA?

Discuss Black Friday shopping and strategy with your neighbors.

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Re: Anyone from Roanoke VA?

Postby guitarist19862005 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 pm

teknoge3k wrote:I ordered it online and will pick it up from the one in Martinsville next week. I'm not going to even attempt going there this weekend. Since it's race weekend, NASCAR has taken over the city and it's hectic.

Even without race traffic, our local Wal-Mart is chaotic every weekend. I would rather go during one night during the week at like nine or later. :lol:

luv2cdolfinz
Black Friday Pro

Postby luv2cdolfinz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I honestly live closer to VV WM, as in 5 minutes away, but I drive to another one on BF and then come back to the mall for other stores.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd love for you guys to come down here on BF and we can all hang out at our Walmart (Rocky Mount) where it's HALF the people than the ones in Roanoke.

Last year I was talking to one of my friends, I was standing in line with my cart full while she was still waiting on them to cut the plastic in Roanoke. They held tight to the times up there.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 pm

my husband and i cheated last year...we tore the sides open and took what we wanted and then moved on to get the big stuff. we got what we wanted and i ran to the front (literally) and we were the first to check out!

i dont like the drama that goes on at valley view wm- i also dont like seeing so many little kids out at that time of night and with that kind of crowd, i'm terrified one of them is going to get hurt over a babydoll or somethin..last year there was little girl who had to be maybe 5 or 6..her mom sent her to stand at the dolls..ALONE. i opened the plastic and told the manager and everyone standing there i was giving her one so she could go back to her mom and out of the way.

alot of what i do will depend on the online sales this year. i stayed up all night long waiting on best buy last year on thanksgiving, then after cooking and spending time with family, i was goin on maybe 2 hours of sleep...i just dont think i can do that again this year!

i'm glad you got your lego city mine...i have a friend in florida who went and got one too after i posted it on facebook, its a great way to start the season of deals! lol

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:40 am

Well I'm further up I-81 than all y'all are (my closest options are either Harrisonburg, Front Royal or Winchester) but it's good to see lots of Shenandoah Valley area people on here.

I think I'm gonna do most of my shopping online though this year though I might go out to a nice lunch in a couple of hours.

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 am

Renewing this one for Shenandoah Valley VA people...I just did Lowes.com and once again am mostly shopping online though I hit Lowes in Front Royal the day before Thanksgiving to see what they already had on clearance (and found cheap pet supplies I could use). People got too 'ghetto' / 'gangsta' for me for the in person follies about 5 or 6 years ago so I don't like going to the usual suspects (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) for their sales. I'm not exactly a Buy Nothing day person, lately I'm just looking for things that don't come from big box stores so BF isn't as big a deal for me as it used to be.

Return to “Local Talk”