Success at kohls.com!!!

Black Friday 2012 - Online Stores Deals Discussion

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Trystel
Black Friday Newbie

Success at kohls.com!!!

Postby Trystel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 am

Have my printed order confirmation in hand, folks!! As recommended from bfads.net, had all my items in my online shopping bag, waiting for 11pm (MT) to tick down. At around 10:58pm, the site took control and put up a splash page, then I spent 5-6 minutes frantically staring at the static screen, hoping that my shopping bag would remain intact. When the site came back online, I found I had been logged out of my kohls.com account, but my shopping bag was unchanged (yippee!), so just had to log back in, and process the order. Used the BLACKFRI coupon code as well, to save another chunk of change (15%).

Comparing the published retail price total to the Black Friday price total, I saved multiple hundreds of dollars on my order tonight!! Granted, Kohl's inflates their prices quite a bit, then knocks the sale prices down, but there are some REALLY good BF deals they're offering. Wahoo!!!!

Good luck out there to all the other online shoppers!! May we all survive the juggling of baking/cooking while surfing with our hands coated in flour tomorrow and Thursday. :-)

friendlyshopper
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Success at kohls.com!!!

Postby friendlyshopper » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 am

Hooray for you! Me, not so lucky. Still waiting, 35 min. after midnight, for my turn. :shock:

katina128
Black Friday Amateur

Postby katina128 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 am

I was able to order as well, but my receipt showed all the wrong prices for my items. So, I had to call them, and they credited me the difference. Check your receipt!

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:44 am

friendlyshopper wrote:Hooray for you! Me, not so lucky. Still waiting, 35 min. after midnight, for my turn. :shock:

I was stuck on the same page....thank you for your patience. Went into my history since I was on the site earlier and was able to get in that way.

Trystel
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Trystel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 am

crazymomofthree wrote:
friendlyshopper wrote:Hooray for you! Me, not so lucky. Still waiting, 35 min. after midnight, for my turn. :shock:

I was stuck on the same page....thank you for your patience. Went into my history since I was on the site earlier and was able to get in that way.

Smart thinking, crazymomofthree! :-) The site looks like it's back up again, thankfully. Hopefully for good, now that the initial crush is over.

Good luck, friendlyshopper!! Really hope you get your order processed successfully! I would be ready to shred concrete if my 60+ minutes of careful shopping to create my shopping bag were to be lost, and then have the site crash!!

FlyersSuperFan
Black Friday Amateur

Postby FlyersSuperFan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 am

I was able to get in and be successful. Try this idea that I got from another forum: Click on the customer service link at the bottom of the splash page, it will take you to your sign in. Good luck!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 am

It was a bit crazy but after a 1/2 hour it was up and running...not like Best Buy! :mrgreen:

Also, thank you BFADS! I was able to use the coupon and still get free shipping and kohls cash. - you guys rock!

sajero2
Black Friday Amateur

Postby sajero2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 am

I saved my cart yesterday evening, went to sleep, got up at my normal time for work, and just sat down with the computer at 7:15 am central and checked out with no problem and got everything in my cart! Maybe you guys need to skip the midnight thing. :)

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am

sajero2 wrote:I saved my cart yesterday evening, went to sleep, got up at my normal time for work, and just sat down with the computer at 7:15 am central and checked out with no problem and got everything in my cart! Maybe you guys need to skip the midnight thing. :)

I guess it all depends on what you are getting...a doorbuster might go quicker than say a comforter...but you never know with online!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 am

i hadn't even looked at their stuff because they usually mark their toys etc up so high that the discount doesn't equal reg price anywhere else, but I just glanced at them and saw the new imaginext pirate ship for 20 and then took the 20% off, so Sawyer will get a brand new one all his own!!!
So I really want to thank Kristin for posting the coupon info!!!
also got a DS game that oldest had mentioned but I hadn't found anywhere else, with sale and coupon 14$.
AWESOME deal!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Marcus29fan
Black Friday Amateur

Postby Marcus29fan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 am

took an extra 40 mins for the website to finally load but got everything we wanted and saved a boatload of money....thanks to BFADS.NET once again for the heads up!

Return to “Online Stores”